Gallon jugs of water

MrsNick

<font color=darkorchid>sometimes out of desperatio
Hi, I really prefer to use bottled water to make our morning java (just not crazy about the tap water at WDW), but will be ME-ing it this trip and won't have a car.

Does the quick store at SSR sell the gallon jugs of water?

If not, WWYD to get a couple of these jugs to your room? (I'm not doing Garden Grocer either since we will be on DDP).

It would be quite a walk, but I think the Hess station near Pleasure Island may sell gallon jugs of water (you may want to call them before walking that far), and surely Gooding's Grocery at Crossroads would sell it. Goodings is at the opposite end of the street from Downtown Disney, past all the non-Disney DtD hotels, a pretty good hike as well.

I don't think the resorts sell gallon bottles, but I'm not sure.

They sell a big bottle of Dasani(maybe 1.5 liter) at SSR. I lugged a couple of them back to the room. They have the size listed on the DVC grocery list.

BWV store sells gallons of water. I always use this water for coffee. I would think that the SSR store's inventory would be very similar.

BWV store sells gallons of water. I always use this water for coffee. I would think that the SSR store's inventory would be very similar.
I've bought gallon jugs of Zephyrhills water in the past at OKW and BWV.

However, I didn't see them at OKW when we stayed Labor Day 2005 -- and I haven't seen gallon jugs of water since then at OKW, SSR, or BWV.

Instead, the DVC resorts now have 1.5L Dasani bottles. I recall the price was a rather hefty $3.50 or so per bottle. (1.5 L is less than a half gallon.)

We've used [URL="http://www.WeGoShop.com/]WeGoShop.com[/URL] to get grocery deliveries, even though we to eat our lunches and dinners out. WeGoShop can deliver regular gallon jugs at grocery store prices (plus a handling/delivery charge and tip). We "splurged" for a bunch of 3.0L Zephyrhills clear bottles, which I prefer. I think they were around $1 each. We also had breakfast food and a couple of bottles of wine delivered, so the delivery charge wasn't just for the water.

I got gallon jugs in Dec. 2006 at BWV also. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean SSR would have them. Might be worth a call to the SSR store just to verify one way or the other.

Thanks everyone! I think the suggestion to call and check with SSR is a good one. :disrocks:

For the compulsive thrifty people here, this is one area where you can save BIG pennies. Once you have those big gallon jugs, you can refill them at any Publix supermarket for $.25 per gallon. Talk about saving money!

Just got off the phone with the Artist's Pallette at SSR. I am told that they only sell 2L bottles of water for $3.50 each.

I asked the kind CM if in future they might consider selling the gallon containers of water since DVC's at VWL and BWV do (I knew this thanks to you awesome DIS'ers), and she said she would suggest it to the person in charge of ordering! :cool1:

So who knows, maybe they will start offering this soon.

Just got off the phone with the Artist's Pallette at SSR. I am told that they only sell 2L bottles of water for $3.50 each.
Those "2L bottles of water for $3.50 each" are actually 1.5L bottles of Dasani water for $3.50 each.

If you log in at http://www.dvcmember.com/ you can download Grocery Order forms for each of the DVC resorts (go to "Vacation Planning Tools"). The Grocery Order form for VWL has 1 gal. bottles of Zephyhills water for $2.50 in addition to 1.5L bottles of Dasani water for $3.50. The Grocery Order forms for OKW, BCV, SSR, and BWV only have expensive Dasani water.

I'm not saying that anyone is mistaken about seeing 1 gallon water bottles anywhere other than VWL. But I wouldn't count on finding 1 gallon water bottles at OKW, BCV, SSR, or BWV.

We have seen gallon jugs, I believe it was Zephr Hills, at the Beach Club Marketplace Store and at the big store on the Boardwalk proper. There usually isn't a lot stocked on the shelf but it is available. It is not in the refrigerated section but on the shelf along with the other dry goods.

The Hess station by the BWV may have them. I only checked out their price for 12 packs of water, don't remember now, but it seemed reasonable. We're staying at BWV in June, without car, and I wanted to know my options for water.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We always pack the Brita water filter pitcher in our carry on. It's become a standard pack item for us, and cheaper in long run. We use it to refill water bottles, make juice, coffee. Has been great.
Goof

The big store I referenced on the Boardwalk is the ScreenDoor General Store. They carry the gallon jugs; hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter