Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

I really like Jamie too, &, if you think about it, the only truly horrid thing he's done is push Bran out the window. But pushing Bran out the window led to him becoming the Raven, which is his destiny. And, if you decide that everything is pre-ordained, then Jamie only "helped" hasten Bran along to his destiny.

He's the Kingslayer... and he killed the mad king when the king got way out of control. I hope he's the one that kills Cersei for the same reason.
He also forced himself on Cersei at the side of their dead son (laid out for funeral).

He also forced himself on Cersei at the side of their dead son (laid out for funeral).

I recently read an interesting article regarding that scene as well... I’m away from my laptop & on my phone currently, but, when I return home, I’ll try to find it again & link it.

Anyway, according to the article, that scene was edited incorrectly, &, while intended as “rough” in their time of grief, was never intended as rape. There’s a screen grab that has Cersei w/ her hands at Jamie’s face that demonstrates more of the consent & her willingness... but the lighting was too dark for viewers really to pick up on it.

The article had a bunch of explanation as to why it wasn’t re-edited & why it was difficult for them (the writers, show-runners, & actors) to address it.

Edited to Add - Here's the article: https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Breaker_of_Chains/Jaime-Cersei_sex_scene

Last edited:
Was it season 2 where Dany had that the weird vision-dream sequence where she was in some wintry place & then exited there & then entered a tent where Khal Drago & their son were waiting for her? So I think Dany dies... possibly Jon ends up killing her, but I could see her dying in some other way as well. However, w/ her death, Jon gets Lightbringer.
Yes! I had forgotten that scene...S2E10. Thinking about that now, I think it pretty clearly portends her dying and joining Drogo and her baby in the next world.

I have not read through the whole thread but found the first episode incredibly lacking to say the least. It was just so much fluff!! I have read all of the cannon several times, and this has been a common complaint of mine since season 6. Last week I was totally underwhelmed and very disappointed.

To be more, positive, this season and episode I am especially interested in the relationship between Sansa and Dany. It seems that Dany wants to come off as a fair and benevolent ruler, but the second there is a challenge she losers her temper. Like Sansa asking about what dragons eat. I would like to see the issue of food addressed head on. I would be really interested to see how Cersei addressed that issue if at all. After all, Winter is here!

I don't think there's necessarily a happy ending coming either. I could see Sansa surviving as Lady of Winterfell. I'm not sure about Arya. I think Bran survives as the Raven. Jamie dies, I think. (But I want a great, heroic death for Jamie!) Cersei definitely dies. I don't know about Tyrion. I like the idea of Jorah becoming the next Night Watch.....

I agree, except I could conceivably see Cersei living. I know %99.9 of people will disagree with me. Her and Sansa have lived through and survived more than probably any characters, and have always come out alive.

Dany and Jon always had someone protecting them or some kind of back-up. Those two however, have had to really learn to stand on their own two feet, and I could see both surviving somehow.

Arya tonight:

tenor.gif

Dany surely held it together when Jon told her that he was her nephew. I wonder what would have happened if the horns didn't sound.

I loved the knighthood. She deserved it more than most of the men.

I thought the scene with Gendry was very out of character for Arya, but then again, she is quite different than she was... and stronger... than at the beginning of the series. At least she didn't jump the Hound. lol

At least she didn't jump the Hound. lol

Ewwww.... I was however expecting more from their conversation.

Pleased with her and Gendry. Felt that coming.

I too wondered what would have happened if the horns had not gone off. I don;t think she is processing it very well. She is too determined to seek revenge and gain control of the throne. Likewise Dany didn't answer Sansa when she said that the north doesn't plan to bend a knee.

IMO what's coming is brutal, simply based on the amount of humor they gave us in episode two.

The significance of the words of House Greyjoy seem to loom large with Theon and the Ironborn being the ones protecting Bran at the weirwood. Now to see which Lannister is going to pay their debts -- and to whom.

IMO what's coming is brutal, simply based on the amount of humor they gave us in episode two.
YUP. I don't think my heart will do well next weekend... Endgame followed by the Battle of Winterfell.

Last night I felt like every time characters were sharing a special moment, they were letting us know that some/most of them will die. I think Grey Worm & Missandei are both on the list, and now also Brienne. It's looking like Theon might bite the dust as well.

This is a tidbit I learned last night from an article that recapped an interview with GRRM- apparently none of the cast correctly guessed the ending of the series. So whatever happens is going to be very unexpected. He did say that a few readers had put all the clues together correctly. I thought that was interesting and I've now thrown all my theories out because they're pretty well-known theories.

YUP. I don't think my heart will do well next weekend... Endgame followed by the Battle of Winterfell.

Last night I felt like every time characters were sharing a special moment, they were letting us know that some/most of them will die. I think Grey Worm & Missandei are both on the list, and now also Brienne. It's looking like Theon might bite the dust as well.

This is a tidbit I learned last night from an article that recapped an interview with GRRM- apparently none of the cast correctly guessed the ending of the series. So whatever happens is going to be very unexpected. He did say that a few readers had put all the clues together correctly. I thought that was interesting and I've now thrown all my theories out because they're pretty well-known theories.

Interesting. I just don't see the show offing Grey Worm or Missandei. I hope Ser Brienne survives, however I am fully prepared to get my heart broken there.

As for Theon, what is dead may never die. I truly believe there's good reason the Ironborn will be the ones at the weirwood protecting the Night King's target.

So is the biggest irony of this whole thing the fact that they are sending the women, children and Tyrionne to the cripts for their protection? I mean when the White Walkers show up don't all the dead Stark's buried there become Wights in the service of the Night King? I expect a whole lot of chaos going on down there. Maybe some foreshadowing that Gilley asked the little girl to come and protect those in the cripts? Just my opinion.

So is the biggest irony of this whole thing the fact that they are sending the women, children and Tyrionne to the cripts for their protection? I mean when the White Walkers show up don't all the dead Stark's buried there become Wights in the service of the Night King? I expect a whole lot of chaos going on down there. Maybe some foreshadowing that Gilley asked the little girl to come and protect those in the cripts? Just my opinion.

Are we supposed to believe that Lyanna is buried alongside a wolf also?

I kept listening every time they were looking over the ramparts of Winterfell, trying to see if Nymeria and her pack were out there howling.

Well supposedly Bran the Builder who originally built the wall was a Stark, so I am assuming there are tones of Starks buried down there so it could get quite crowded if they all came to life. Surprised someone has not thought of that to this point.

Well supposedly Bran the Builder who originally built the wall was a Stark, so I am assuming there are tones of Starks buried down there so it could get quite crowded if they all came to life. Surprised someone has not thought of that to this point.

The Stark family is seemingly intertwined with much of the history and lore of the wall, the Night King, the Children of the Forest, the Night's Watch, the weirwoods, etc. I have a feeling the Stark children should have been paying keen attention to all of Old Nan's stories.

Wondering if we'll get the answer about the feathers that have appeared in the crypts around Lyanna as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter