Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

So is the biggest irony of this whole thing the fact that they are sending the women, children and Tyrionne to the cripts for their protection? I mean when the White Walkers show up don't all the dead Stark's buried there become Wights in the service of the Night King? I expect a whole lot of chaos going on down there. Maybe some foreshadowing that Gilley asked the little girl to come and protect those in the cripts? Just my opinion.

I agree - I feel like they were practically whacking us over the head with the idea of the crypt as the "safest place" thing. That Gilley foreshadowing and Tyrion in the war room talking about how he's fought before, and they mentioned it a couple of other times. The crypt where dead people are buried...

I truly enjoyed last night's episode - I appreciate that they gave the characters a "calm before the storm" moment to interact and take stock, so to speak, and I appreciated the way they used humor to cut the tension. I don't think that I am emotionally prepared for next week's episode! Not feeling optimistic that a lot of characters will survive (but hoping I'm wrong).

A very solid episode. For one moment every one got a happy ending. Can’t wait to see who makes it to the forth episode.

This unfortunately is why many feel that all sorts of characters could die in the next episode because so many of them seemed to have resolved that that was hanging over them. Aryia and Gentry, Missandra and Grey Worm, Brienne, Jamie sort of dealing with Bran, Jon telling Dany he was a Targerrion, etc. Thats' why the door is wide open for anything to happen in the next episode.

This unfortunately is why many feel that all sorts of characters could die in the next episode because so many of them seemed to have resolved that that was hanging over them. Aryia and Gentry, Missandra and Grey Worm, Brienne, Jamie sort of dealing with Bran, Jon telling Dany he was a Targerrion, etc. Thats' why the door is wide open for anything to happen in the next episode.

Agree - felt like a goodbye of sorts to many characters - hoping it was a bit of a misdirect for some of them.

Well supposedly Bran the Builder who originally built the wall was a Stark, so I am assuming there are tones of Starks buried down there so it could get quite crowded if they all came to life. Surprised someone has not thought of that to this point.
But I thought all of the Wights are descended from the Wight King. If that's the case, wouldn't he have had to kill the Starks that are buried in the crypt? I'm not aware of people rising from the dead to become Wight Walkers without another Wight or the Wight King killing them first.

But I thought all of the Wights are descended from the Wight King. If that's the case, wouldn't he have had to kill the Starks that are buried in the crypt? I'm not aware of people rising from the dead to become Wight Walkers without another Wight or the Wight King killing them first.

I think it gets a little confusing with the White Walkers with the blue eyes that we've seen created by touching Craster's baby boys and when Viserion was pulled from the lake, etc. I think the wights are also called the others, which are the ragged, sometimes skeletal zombie creatures. It seems like the dead somehow rise at the command of the Night King. I'm not sure I have the terms correct, but there seems to be a distinction between the two categories somehow.

Whether he could animate the dead Starks buried in the crypts, I don't know. Personally I suspect that the Stark crypts might be magically protected like the cave where the Three Eyed Raven and the Children of the Forest were -- unable to be entered by the Night King or those under his control unless the magic is broken, which could possibly happen now if Bran were to enter now that he bears the mark of the Night King.

I really liked the episode... so many "moments" throughout.

And it really did seem like it was almost like the characters were having one last hurrah, one last song. I read one review where the showrunners said this episode was their "love letter to the fans".

The scenes with all the knights gathered in the castle room were wonderful & funny & poignant, especially the knighting scene! And I loved the song!

But, the whole time I was watching, I was thinking, "Welp. This episode is just making me like Jamie... and Tyrion... and Brienne... and Ser Davos... and Gilly... and Sam... even more, so the only thing this episode is really doing is making all their deaths that much harder now."

All these characters coming together... and, after the next episode, how many of them will still be around?

The Arya scene was a bit uncomfortable, but that's due to the fact that I still think of her as the 11 year old girl that started the show. In reality, I completely understand her thought process. I remember being in high school & worrying that world would end before I'd get to have s-e-x. LOL! So I get it.

And Dany!! I really think, had the horns not blown, she might have killed Jon Snow right then & there. And that scene changed my thinking about her possible endgame a bit.

I hope Missandei is able to make it back to the beaches.

I loved the episode. Fan wanked all over the Brienne love triangle by the fire. Yep, she's going to die. So many deaths coming. Will get my drink on for next Sunday.

My DD-20 literally poked her fingers inn her eyes at the Arya sexy time. Arya (and Lady Mormont) is her fave character. She just digs the tough little ladies and still thinks of Arya as that (a little girl). It shocked me a bit too but, heck, that's what I'd be doing to if the end of the world was coming. I read an article today that Masey Williams said she thought the writers were playing a prank on her when she got the script. I, honestly, think it deviates from Arya's true character and her one track minded mission to cross the names off that list of hers. But, screw it...I want to fan wank and this was great fan wanking too. Now, if Brienne and Jamie would have a hot kiss right before battle....I'd die!

Last edited:
A very solid episode. For one moment every one got a happy ending. Can’t wait to see who makes it to the forth episode.
I hated it. Due to time constraints everything is now so, so blunt, for lack of a better term. Jamie's "trial" before Daenarys would have taken 3 episodes in any other season and would have been far more nuanced and deep. I guess this is how it is now though. :sad2: There have also been several comments up-thread about the dialogue being just weirdly modern and un-Westerosi; I definitely though that about Episode 2. When Breanne said "I'd better get back" rather than "I needs be returning" well, that's a shark-jump of sorts.

Last edited:
I hated it. Due to time constraints everything is now so, so blunt, for lack of a better term. Jamie's "trial" before Daenarys would have taken 3 episodes in any other season and would have been far more nuanced and deep. I guess this is how it is now though. :sad2: There have also been several comments up-thread about the dialogue being just weirdly modern and un-Westerosi; I definitely though that about Episode 2. When Breanne said "I'd better get back" rather than "I needs be returning" well, that's a shark-jump of sorts.
And Dany's 'we did a darn good job too' but not darn. Said to Sansa in their tete e tete.

While I really liked the episode, I have to admit that there were at least a couple of instances that brought me out of the story due to the too modern language & phrasing.

I realize that, in this last season, everything has to move at a much faster rate than previous seasons in order to wrap things up. However, I also found myself thinking that this episode might be the last "characters talking" episode because there's going to be so much action in the next episodes that there won't be time for dialogue & character moment scenes like were in last night's episode.

Oh, & here's an interesting article regarding "Jenny's Song." Those of you who read the books may be more familiar w/ the history & meaning behind the song, but, after reading the article, the song is now even more poignant to me.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...rick-jenny-song-meaning-books-jenny-oldstones

I love the Jenny song and am wondering if it will have any significant meaning in the same way the Rains of Castermere did. I remember there was a connection between the song and Duncan Targaryen, but I have not re-read the books and they are blurred with the show now.

The one thing that surprised me was that Jaime did not offer up his sword, as it was made from Ned Stark's Ice. He and Brienne have the two swords made from that sword, and that would have made the people of the North a bit happier.

Arya and Gendry...omg.

Here's my thoughts on Episode 2,

I think that Arya's and Gendry's big scene was a completely natural in progression of their relationship, they were together for years, and protected each other. He said that she would be his Lady, so this was the next step, I think it was handled very well, and I loved the fact that she took control...and just like she other list, she marked something off her on personal list... I am now leaning to thinking really hoping that they will both make it out... Even possibly if Jon becomes King or the leader, he will make him the rightful heir to House Barathon, with Arya by his side... Lord and Lady Barathon

Sansa and Theon - was another couple that I thought was a perfect way to reunite them, they both suffered at the hands of Ramsey, and fought together to escape, and he did save her and was willing to give his life in the woods that day to protect her...so they have this bond that would not be able to be broken. I knew when I saw him and Yara together on the ship that he would want to go to Winterfell and fight for the Starks to make it right, to do the right thing as Ned Stark had taught him... above all he was going to Winterfell to fight for Sansa... Did anyone catch the face of Daenarys when Theon turned to her( Sansa) to ask her to allow him to fight for her... If they both make it out, and he will stay with her at Winterfell, and help her rule the North...

Brienne and Jamie - I thought that him knighting her was the best moment on the show... he gave her validation for her honor, and the code she lives by... Please oh Please let them have a moment... I think that Jamie will die in her arms, the woman he really loves.... for both of them really have not experienced what love should look and feel like...I love the way they are struggling to figure out what is going on... If by some miracle they both make it out, Lord and Lady Lannister of Castlety Rock has a nice ring to it...

Sam and Gilly staring at each other was perfect for them, with little Sam in the middle asleep... Lord and Lady Tarly....if you please...

Missandi and Grey Worm - it was to sweet their kiss... I still am hoping for a happy ending for the both of them on the isle of Naath....

Jon - I absolutely loved the fact.... that Jon now knows that his parents loved each other and he was a product of love...and his mother determination to protect him as she lay dying, as well as Ned Stark love for his sister and loved him by protecting him from Robert... I still don't think that he wants to rule as King... then honor and duty to the people, and doing what's right as Ned taught them all will come into the big picture for him...and he will have no choice to accept his duty....and if there is a baby in the picture he will want to be able to leave him or her something... Even if he doesn't make it out... he did get a happy ending knowing he wasn't a bastard and that his parents truly loved him....

Daenarys - this episode showed her in a different light, she loves Jon and knows that she has to fight this fight, in order to have someone to rule over, her number one concern is the Iron Throne....and I think she is worried about Sansa and how the people love her and are willing to follow her... I still think that there is a baby in the future for her and Jon... I am still leaning towards her making the ultimate scrafice to save and protect her child and people...

The Dragons and Daenarys - at some point if Daenarys is pregnant, she is going try to ride Drogon, and he will not let her because of this... " Dragons are not slaves" they have free will... so maybe this is when Tyrion will ride one of the dragon...

I also read some where were or watched something about Winterfell it was on the crypts and the Weirwood forest, and Winterfell itself is heated by a volcanic fisher....of some sorts and the rumors around it....possibly magic, maybe another dragon.... it was just a fan made and did have some good points....

They keep saying the crypts are safest place... maybe the ancestors of the Starks will awaking and fight against the Night King and his army... I think that this is when something is going to open up in the crypts maybe Jon falls through a weak spot in the ground, or is fighting and a wall collapse's, and Jon finds possibly his fathers sword or the harp.. even the sword lightbringer.

So looking forward to Sunday.... Bring on the Games...

Last edited:
I just really REALLY hope the ending isn't an unsatisfying one. If everyone....EVERYONE dies...I'ma be very annoyed.

Hopefully they realize that would make so many fans furious and they've gone a different way. I mean HBO is going to have a prequel they will want people to tune into, and Benioff and Weiss will have other projects coming out they won't want an angry fan base to avoid because GOT ended badly, right? I think the How I Met Your Mother team fell victim to that because of how angry the fans were with that ending.

Just to be clear..... It does not matter how you died, the White Walkers (Crasters male sons left in the forest so many less of them) can raise the dead people to become wights (essentially zombies) in the service of the White Walkers. Hence the reason whenever someone died at Castle Black they always soon after burned the body. They did not want their friends to be raised from the dead to fight against them. One of the reasons that fighting them is so difficult. During the battle the White Walkers army will kill the defenders and then the White Walkers can immediately raise them from dead to fight for them. A seemingly unending source of more wights! We saw this happen at Hardhome when John went to bring the Free Folk back to South of the wall. The White Walkers attacked and as soon as the boats left the shore they were resurrecting the dead to become part of their army.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter