garmin foreunner 235

I love my 235. I had a 220 before this and a Nike + watch before that. It's by far my favorite running watch. That being said the only downside is that all of the Garmin's seem to be really good now. My son's VivoActive HR seems to do every bit as good a job as a running watch, has modes for more spots and is about $100 less than the 235.

Excellent running watch! I also upgraded from the Forerunner 220 and couldn't be happier. Be sure to check out the in depth review of it over on the dcrainmaker.com site. He does great, exhaustive reviews of fitness products.

Bought one a few months ago and love it. Does everything I need it to do.

Ive got the 230, same as the 235 minus heart monitor. Like mine a lot.. Mostly.. Recently have been having many more lockups when notifications come thru. (like texts) Requiring a hard shut down and restart. Which means it loses gps, which means the time is off until it resyncs. Battery life, and what it does, love it. Except when it locks up. Would suck to have it lock up during a run / race when you really needed it.

I also have the 230 and really like it - and would like it even more with the added heart rate feature the 235 has!

I was using the trusty old Timex Ironman dumb watch for years. I finally stepped up to the 235, just a couple of weeks ago. I love it and wish I had done it years ago! It is completely changing the way I run.

I've had the Forerunner 235 for 1.5 years and agree with everything posted above. I LOVE it! I compared multiple models from multiple manufacturers and settled on the Forerunner 235 because it offered ALL of the functions I need for my training and running habits.

My recommendation is to ask yourself if you need and will use all the features/functions that the 235 offers. The watch was expensive (in my opinion) but worth every penny because I get my money out of it every day :-)

If you're a runner, you will love the Garmin over your Fitbit. ::yes:: I have a 230 that I really like, but I kind of wish I'd ponied up the extra cash to get the 235 and have the HR feature.

Thanks everyone! looks like ill be saving up and buying one hopefully in a few weeks!!

and yah I started running last year have done about 7 or 8 5ks and doing my first 10k in september....then I will begin training for my first half! So I call myself a runner! Ive been running a few miles almost every day =)

I've recently read several articles from reputable sources that recommend buying refurbished Garmin watches to save $. Some of them have never even been used. They may have just had the packaging damaged in transit.

Love mine! I tried my Samsung watch for a while but it just wasn't durable enough for workouts. Went to a Fitbit for a while, then to a Garmin 10, and now a Garmin 235. LOVE the HR features and the little stats like V02 max estimates, recovery suggestions, etc.

Love my Garmin. Worth every penny. I had a friend buy a refurbished 235, and it refused to charge over 85%. Otherwise though, it was a great watch, and she is glad of her purchase.

I love my 235. I've even more recently looked at newer GPS watches and still would choose the 235. I've had mine more than a year and a half and have never had any issues with it. I used my older Garmin 110 with chest heart rate strap to gauge how accurate the wrist-based heart rate is. The readings were almost identical with the exception of recovery between intervals. The 235 takes a bit longer to accurately reflect the dropping heart rate. DH had a FitBit charge that quit holding a charge in less than a year. He has been coveting my watch, but since he's not a runner he hasn't had much excuse to get one for himself. :)

I've been using the same Forerunner 220 since 2013 and need to upgrade. Mine completely froze this morning during a 12 mile run and I really depend on it so was furious. It's been doing this a lot lately. With that being said, it's been a fantastic watch (when it works).

Glad to read this about the 235 as that's what I'll probably go with.

If you're a runner, you will love the Garmin over your Fitbit. ::yes:: I have a 230 that I really like, but I kind of wish I'd ponied up the extra cash to get the 235 and have the HR feature.
^ This. I originally thought I wouldn't care about the HR feature but now I find I really wish I had it.

I love my Garmin!
I wear mine all the time.
I loved in the comments of a dcrainmaker Garmin review a photo was posted showing wearing your Garmin 225 at your Senate confirmation hearing: :smooth:

C1g6qpm.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter