Gatwick Express

richard3330

Cirque Fan
Hi,
Has anybody travelled on The Gatwick Express train before?
What was it like?
I understand that you check-in at Paddington train station (?) is this correct.
Also do they operate frequently, do you have to book your seats in advance, do they have a first class service, how long does the journey take (from paddington) and about how much does it cost.

Sorry about all the questions but we are thinking about using the express when we go to Florida at Xmas.

Thanks in advance

my first ever holiday abroad to majorca when i was about 10 my mum and dad didn't want to drive so we had to get the train......

2 hours to london victoria and then 30 mins or so down to gatwick

all i can remember about it was on the way home freezing cold in shorts in september

never again

:D

it's probably not the same train then as it was 20 years ago and i would have hoped they would have updated it - although the ramsgate to london victoria service still uses the old slam door trains !!

When I saw one of the 'Gatwick Express' trains in London it looked really nice. It was a metallic silver colour and inside the seats looked really big and comfortable.

Has anybody else who has travelled recently answer my questions?

hi we have just bought our tickets for the gatwick express and we are leaving from london victoria not paddington, so i would check to see if it does leave from paddington it cost us 49.00 for two adults and two children, in october but is definately from victoria, there web site is gatwickexpress .com or .co.uk cant remember last bit susie2 :jester:

We travelled on Gatwick Express last month. It definitely travels from Victoria, not Paddington (thats the Heathrow Express). It runs every 20 minutes and takes about 25 minutes from Gatwick to London. I think it cost us £30 one-way for 2 adults and 2 children - we didn't pre-book, just paid on the train. You can book in advance on their website and get a small discount for doing so. If you look at gatwick airports website, there is a link to Gatwick Express there with all the prices etc.
Check-in: only certain airlines use the check-in at Victoria - I'm not sure which ones - the website will have all the info.

The Gatwick Express trains run from Victoria and the journey is around 30 mins. The trains are new - air conditioned etc. however they do have one or two of the older trains running as a backup if the newer ones fail.

Tony

I think I got the Heathrow Express confused with The Gatwick express!

I have finally got on to the Gatwick express website (It must have been down) website is: www.gatwickexpress.co.uk and found out some more information.

A First Class Return ticket is £35 per adult.
An 'Express Class' Return ticket is £21 per adult.
If you have railcards you get a discount, though.

There is a train departing every 15 minutes during peak times.

I can't find any information about which airlines operate a check - in facility at the airport, does anybody know if Virgin Atlantic does?

Also did you find it easier and less hassle to travel on The Gatwick Express or would you drive next time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter