Gay Days and Crowds

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
Hi. I hope this makes sense, but here goes: We are planning on arriving in Anaheim Oct 1. We are getting the Citypasses, so will have 4 1/2 days in Anaheim and 2 1/2 in San Diego. I know that Oct. 1-2 are Gay Days at DL, and we would like to avoid the parks those days, not because of the theme but because of the crowds. It will likely be our only trip to DL and we would like to maximize our time there. So the plan is to arrive on Sat the 1st, do Knott's on Sun and then DL on M,T and W. Are the crowds usually dispersed by this time? Our other option is to do San Diego first, Sun and M, then drive to Anaheim T and do the DL parks W, Th and F and Knott's on Sat. The problem with this is that end of the trip is Columbus Day weekend.
So to sum it all up (phew), am I correct in assuming the parks would be more crowded on F and Sat of Columbus Day weekend than the M-W after Gay Days? Thanks.

I was there that weekend last year and over Gay Days weekend it was PACKED! We left late Sunday but I had friends that were there for 3 more days(at DL)and they said it was really really slow those days. You should be safe! But, be forewarned that if there are any showings of Fantasmic/fireworks during the that time period there will probably be no showings during the week.

Thanks for the reply, that's just what I was hoping. Too bad about the fireworks, but we are used to going on vacation in the off-season, so we really weren't expecting to see them. As for the parades, I find them a snoozzzzzzzzz.....e, so that's okay, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter