General crowd increase after SWGE opens?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Let's assume SWGE opens sometime in November, realistically, how big of an increase in crowds do you expect in the other 3 parks for the next couple months?

Let's assume SWGE opens sometime in November, realistically, how big of an increase in crowds do you expect in the other 3 parks for the next couple months?

I doubt crowd level changes in other parks would be noticeable.

When is the opening date?

To my knowledge no specific date has been set yet, just "late fall", which is open for interpretation.

As far as other parks, I don't know anything about statistics etc., but I think all parks will definitely see a surge. Someone who is coming to HS specifically for GE isn't going to leave without checking out the other parks, imo. I would expect too see significant increases at all parks. I have friends who have had no interest in WDW but love Star Wars and definitely plan to visit after the opening. (Not necessarily the first week but still.) They aren't interested in investing in a WDW vacation without Star Wars, but with SW, would definitely invest extra days to explore the other parks. But I have no science to back this up, ha, just my feelings.

I would expect to see a huge increase at HS in SWGE. Its anybodys guess how much of that will spill over to the rest of HS, vs doing SWGE and then leave.
If people are coming to see SWGE, I would expect them to visit the other parks, so I would expect them to be busier, but not to the degree of increase that HS will see.
I would expect similar to AK when Pandora opened.

I think it’s going to be bad everywhere outside of DHS, but especially MK. So many casual visitors think Disney World is “just” Magic Kingdom anyway.

While I appreciate there was an uptick in crowds when Pandora opened, the opening of Star Wars will make that laughable when comparing the numbers in retrospect. Star Wars fans are FAR more numerous than Avatar fans (sorry James Cameron but it’s true). Fans will come from all over the world for quite some time to get a peek at it.

I have friends who have had no interest in WDW but love Star Wars and definitely plan to visit after the opening.

This is my husband. He has 0 interest in Disney. But he is a passionate Star Wars fan, and has said that if there's one thing that will get him back it's Star Wars, and he does want to see Star Wars Land. He wouldn't care about going to the other parks, just HS. And I know he would LOVE a night at the Star Wars resort.

This is my husband. He has 0 interest in Disney. But he is a passionate Star Wars fan, and has said that if there's one thing that will get him back it's Star Wars, and he does want to see Star Wars Land. He wouldn't care about going to the other parks, just HS. And I know he would LOVE a night at the Star Wars resort.
No word yet on when the SW hotel will be done. But I haven't seen anything indicating it will be ready when the land opens.

I am an avid Star Wars fan but because of the crowds and the 50th Anniversary I am waiting until 2021 and looking at something new for us Jan or Feb.

Then you're into another crowd issue. I expect there to be another big spike in attendance with the 50th anniversary that year.

Ahhh right. Forgot about that. We have a wedding to attend in 2020 unfortunately. Too bad I couldn't sell them on doing a destination wedding lol

Just a side note on the SW hotel...it's rumored to be a multi-day experience with a minimum stay and costing way way way up there. Most likely thousands.

I know that we have already crossed it off in our brains as an option!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!