Geralin & Arsenio's Happily Ever After - Wishes Collection, February 2015

I plan to try to follow along as well, as best I can. I love the "Beauty and the Beast"-themed weddings. So much romanticism to that film.

I wanted a B&B one myself, but DF wasn't big on the idea. So, we compromised on "elegant Mickey and Minnie." I did keep one B&B element though--walking down the aisle to "Beauty and the Beast." It's probably one of the more romantic songs ever.

Can't wait to see what unfolds!

Tiffiny

You guys are so cute. And I love that song you have picked for your processional. It reminds me of me and my DF :laughing:

How was the slipper dessert? How would you describe it? I've honestly never had it and think we may end up requesting it for our tasting, if we haven't had it by then.

I plan to try to follow along as well, as best I can. I love the "Beauty and the Beast"-themed weddings. So much romanticism to that film.

I wanted a B&B one myself, but DF wasn't big on the idea. So, we compromised on "elegant Mickey and Minnie." I did keep one B&B element though--walking down the aisle to "Beauty and the Beast." It's probably one of the more romantic songs ever.

Can't wait to see what unfolds!

Tiffiny

Thank you, Tiffiny! I'll be sure to return the favor. DF wasn't too fond either until I assured him it wasn't completed slathered all over our wedding (I did see one DFTW that was completey B&B and it was kinda overbearing to me). Would you happen to be using Jim Brickman's rendition? If not, I highly recommend it.. you have to really be listening to it in order to tell it's B&B but it's very beautiful. At first, I thought it would be tacky.. but I believe I need a Disney touch in there somewhere!

You guys are so cute. And I love that song you have picked for your processional. It reminds me of me and my DF :laughing:

How was the slipper dessert? How would you describe it? I've honestly never had it and think we may end up requesting it for our tasting, if we haven't had it by then.

Lol, why thank you! It's a very well written song, couldn't let it go :)

The slipper dessert was pretty fantastic! I would recommend having a cup of coffee as well if you're not into super sweet stuff.. but yeah, I crave it often :rotfl: If you don't have space at your tasting (since there's a limit on how many items you can taste), I believe there are other restaurants around WDW that serve it for about $15. I'm sure it's going to be pricey to serve at my reception.. but I figure it's something to meet the new minimums and to stand out from my other cousins' DFTW.

ry%3D480

We're now two months out and our invitations have been sent! Our website is up and here's a sneak peak at our engagement shoot :woohoo:

These were taken at Arsenio's high school stadium in Corsicana, Texas! It was truly overwhelming for him to take his beautiful bride (hah!) to his old stomping grounds. It was rather windy, but we made it!

10809991_650574455061166_46383761_n.jpg

Here's a couple of highlights from my bridal shower. Though it had the potential of being a really great one.. Arsenio's male relatives decided to crash it :headache: Long story short, Arsenio saved the day by taking them away from the party, however, it ended up being awkward because the other ladies in attendance knew that that wasn't supposed to happen. Anywho, here's me and my cute outfit and the cake topper my sister made.

Following along...congrats ....we are big Pat's fans too....go NE

Woot! Go pats! My wedding day is the morning after the Super Bowl. Now wouldn't it be something if the Pats played and conquered the Super Bowl?! :hyper:

How exciting! My NFL team, whom is part of our wedding theme, is going to the Super Bowl! The game is the evening before my wedding day.. so if the Patriots win, that'll be one great cherry-on-top for Arsenio and I! On the other hand, I am from Seattle and the Seahawks hold a special place in my heart. Most of my guests are Seahawks fans. And IF the Patriots don't win.. at least the Seahawks got it!

For the game, I managed to grab a suite at Disney's Art of Animation and I'll be hosting a SB party w/ my BMs and any of my other family members that would love to join. Arsenio made reservations far in advance (thanks to me, lol!) for he and his GMs to enjoy the game at David's in Hilton Orlando! We were ready for this, lol!

GO PATRIOTS!! :cheer2:

Things are beginning to wind down, however, we've been hurdling obstables for the past couple of weeks! For instance, 4 groomsmen and 1 bridesmaid have backed out of the wedding. All have different reasons, some understandable and, unfortunately, some not. In the end, we have a good group of GMs and BMs that I'm actually a little relieved (mentally and financially). However, I'm pretty sure my planner and her assistant were probably annoyed by how many BEO changes I made because of it! :crazy2:

At the 45 day mark, we reported 73 guests. Now, we are at 62. With our final balance already paid, we have a surplus of funds with Disney! I'm sure most brides know that it's not only the F&B cost that is affected by the guest count.. but it's specialty chairs, centerpieces, linens, favors, etc. And not that I like people backing out of attending the wedding, but as this lowers and the extra money increases, it could call for more fun to be added! I'm hoping to add Beauty & The Beast :goodvibes

Though I love planning a Disney wedding and I'm really excited, I must admit that it was fairly tough. Being the 3rd Disney bride on my mom's side of the family (which makes up the majority of my guest list) is not easy. It's been difficult to plan around the previous weddings to ensure I don't duplicate or step on anyone's toes :faint:

Obviously, I'll have different venues, colors, food, etc., but I believe it's automatic that people will 1) expect me to 1-up the other brides or 2) my wedding is going to be the same as the other two. So I had to be extra careful that my wedding was indeed my own and that I was able to differentiate from the other two :worried:

Though.. I should count my blessings with the little things that are different such as I have my friend of 10 years and spiritual mentor officiating my wedding, I've upgraded my linens and centerpieces, my place cards have our favorite candy attached to them, our first dance song is being sung by our friends (whom are worship ministers), and I have (different) characters showing up! I surely hope this will convince my guests that this is different and they'll enjoy it as much (if not more) as the other ones! :bitelip:

I'm sure this is my last post before my wedding.. in which this will turn into a complete journal in the months to come. Thank you to those who follow my posts and who answer my questions on the Disney wedding forum! I appreciate the support this community gives me! Also, shoutout to Carrie Hayward for your all your help you provide this community! God bless you all and I'll see you on the other side!! :thumbsup2

:groom::bride:

You're just around the corner!! I'm so sorry you've had such crazy drama in your wedding party, and I don't imagine the pressure as a repeat Disney bride is any fun at all, but the fact that it's nearly YOUR day is just so exciting!

You're just around the corner!! I'm so sorry you've had such crazy drama in your wedding party, and I don't imagine the pressure as a repeat Disney bride is any fun at all, but the fact that it's nearly YOUR day is just so exciting!
Thanks for your encouraging words! Thankfully, we were able to get over the drama and pressure so have ourselves the time of our lives!

ry%3D400

BEST WEDDING GIFT EVER! I promise to go into details about our wedding day but.. the New England Patriots became Super Bowl champions the evening before our wedding day!

As previously mentioned, I was watching the game at my bridal suite at Disney's Art of Animation (the Lion King Suite) and Arsenio had reservations at a local bar at Hilton Orlando (which turned out to be a nice, comfortable setting for him). Both of us were surrounded by Seahawks fans (or people rooting against the Patriots); I'm from Seattle, so most of my guests were family members that are Seahawks fans. To make matters worst, Arsenio and I were not allowed to speak to each other until the morning of the wedding; so frustration of the game lied within.

About half-time after Seahawks were able to tie the game 14-14, I went into my bedroom to finish up my vows and start getting ready for the following morning. When the game started up again, I decided to stay in my room, nervously watching the game with my quietest, mutual teamed BM and my sister/MOH asleep beside me.

28-24, with one yard left, I slowly witnessed the interception caught by Butler. It honestly took me slow second to realize the Pats intercepted the ball and that he kept possession of the ball while going down WITHOUT a flag. As the living room full of Seahawks fans went quiet, I screamed and cried like someone was about to kill me, lol!! Since that's my family and I'm a Seahawks fan too, I decided not to leave the bedroom or shove it in their face at all during the week.. but to celebrate the victory this team gifted to Arsenio and I!

The following morning at our first look, the first words I said to Arsenio were "How 'bout dem Patriots?!" In addition, our officiant included the following insert after the "Dearly Beloved" part: "Before I go any further, the couple wanted me to add these brief but celebratory words: hashtag, Team Patriots".

This was definitely a great addition to our wedding week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter