Germany

Amy H

Earning My Ears
I have less than 3 months for my ABD trip to Germany. Any trip reports or tips for this vacation? We are leaving August 5th- 2 kids 9 and 6. Thanks:yay:

We did this trip last year. It is wonderful.
I suggest to bring a DS and games, most kids had one and they all played it on the bus.
It is just a blast

We did this trip last summer too. We loved it. Bring Bathing suits. I think 3 out of 4 hotels had pools and the kids went in each evening. You don't need to bring umbrellas, the hotels have them to lend. Relax and enjoy.

The trip sounds great! We are going on the Christmas-time trip, which apparently is the first time it has been offered over the holidays (to catch the famed Christmas Markets). Given the winter weather, we anticipate a completely different experience--anyone else going Dec 09??

We are taking our 13 year old granddaughter on the Germany trip. Will there be things for her to do? What is the general age of the children on these trips?

Grandma Pam

Amy H please give us a trip report when you return in August. I am dying to hear about this trip since it is #1 on my list. As a Disney fan, teacher and most importantly, mom, I can't wait to go on this.

We did the trip in late July last year and it was WONDERFUL! We had a nice mix of ages of kids, a total of 14 I believe - a group of 6-9 year olds that hung together, and a group of 11-15 year olds that hung together. We had 27 total on our trip.
There are a few trip reports from last summer (not mine) - if you search by "Fairytale", you should find them.
(Sorry, I don't have 10 posts, or I would include the links!)
I'd be happy to answer any questions as well. You'll have a ball! We're off to Alaska this year and I am hoping it is 1/2 as much fun!
Marcy

We did the trip in late July last year and it was WONDERFUL! We had a nice mix of ages of kids, a total of 14 I believe - a group of 6-9 year olds that hung together, and a group of 11-15 year olds that hung together. We had 27 total on our trip.
There are a few trip reports from last summer (not mine) - if you search by "Fairytale", you should find them.
(Sorry, I don't have 10 posts, or I would include the links!)
I'd be happy to answer any questions as well. You'll have a ball! We're off to Alaska this year and I am hoping it is 1/2 as much fun!
Marcy

I have a question for you - as long as you're offering to answer! :)
What were the mornings like on the trip - are you always having to get up early and go or were there some leisurely mornings? We're not really early morning people and if I didn't get to sleep in sometimes, I would get pretty cranky!
Also - did you take a laptop along? We're trying to decide whether to take ours to download pics, stay in touch with email, etc.

I am thinking that most mornings we were off doing things by 8 or 9, and perhaps one 7:30 day. The first day in H'burg might be a later start day though and the first morn in Rothenburg, there were two groups that went to the Pretzel bakery, so if you were in the second group, you had a more leisurely morning (perhaps the leaders would work with you to insure that happens!) I'm the opposite of you though - definitely a morning person, so it wouldn't have been an issue for me.
As for laptops, yes, I brought mine. Was able to use it in Heidleburg, Rothenburg, and in Munich, but not in Trendleburg. The hotels had a internet usage package you could purchase with a credit card on-line. I don't recall how much, but maybe around 8 Euros for 30 min or so? Enough to check/send email. However, at the Kempinski in Munich, they charged didn't have wireless, so I got a cable from room service. Thinking that meant that I had free internet access (it is a 5 star hotel afterall), I was on-line for hours and ended up with a $75 internet bill. I was FURIOUS. There was no pop up message or anything, just something buried in the hotel info notebook. It was the only negative thing that happened on the trip - but now you're forewarned! Needless to say, for that and other reasons, I didn't care for the Kempinski, but am sure that there are many people who like it.
Hope this helps!
Marcy

I am thinking that most mornings we were off doing things by 8 or 9, and perhaps one 7:30 day. The first day in H'burg might be a later start day though and the first morn in Rothenburg, there were two groups that went to the Pretzel bakery, so if you were in the second group, you had a more leisurely morning (perhaps the leaders would work with you to insure that happens!) I'm the opposite of you though - definitely a morning person, so it wouldn't have been an issue for me.
As for laptops, yes, I brought mine. Was able to use it in Heidleburg, Rothenburg, and in Munich, but not in Trendleburg. The hotels had a internet usage package you could purchase with a credit card on-line. I don't recall how much, but maybe around 8 Euros for 30 min or so? Enough to check/send email. However, at the Kempinski in Munich, they charged didn't have wireless, so I got a cable from room service. Thinking that meant that I had free internet access (it is a 5 star hotel afterall), I was on-line for hours and ended up with a $75 internet bill. I was FURIOUS. There was no pop up message or anything, just something buried in the hotel info notebook. It was the only negative thing that happened on the trip - but now you're forewarned! Needless to say, for that and other reasons, I didn't care for the Kempinski, but am sure that there are many people who like it.
Hope this helps!
Marcy

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the mornings aren't too bad! :)
I appreciate the heads up on the internet!

My husband and I and daughter(25) are doing the adults Germany tour on Sept. 25th. I also would love to read some recent trip reports!!!

Thanks for the hint for finding trip reports as this is one I am considering - I would do an adults only though.

I am interested in the adults only trip. How do you know which dates are adults only? Also can I pay for the trip half points and half cash?

You can tell the adults only trip because under child, it says n/a. This year there is only 1 adults only trip to Germany and it leaves Sept. 25th. My original tour was cancelled and they put me on the Sept. 25th tour. There should of been 2 adults tours in Sept. As far as paying for your tour, yes you can use points for one and pay cash for the other.

You can tell the adults only trip because under child, it says n/a. This year there is only 1 adults only trip to Germany and it leaves Sept. 25th. My original tour was cancelled and they put me on the Sept. 25th tour. There should of been 2 adults tours in Sept. As far as paying for your tour, yes you can use points for one and pay cash for the other.

Thank you!!!

I am interested in the adults only trip. How do you know which dates are adults only? Also can I pay for the trip half points and half cash?
If you are talking about 2 people, yes, you can pay for one of the people with points, and the other person with cash. You cannot pay with half & half for one person.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter