Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

tenneycjt

DIS Veteran
I know disnyeland wont be opening, but downtown Disney will be. I live out of state so I cant go but do you plan to go and what do you want to do. If I were there of course I love world of Disney, Napolina pizza salt and straw.

I think it would be heart-breaking to be that close yet so far.

Seriously, I doubt any of that will happen. I will be happy if a couple restaurants open and maybe a store or 2. We had a preplanned trip for the 17th, so we are going to go anyway and just enjoy not being at home.

I’ll be there within the first few days it’s reopen. I plan on eating at Earl of Sandwich, going to World of Disney and last but not least walking through the esplanade (if they let you in that area). Just being close to place I love so much will satisfy my Disney thirst for a little while.

I think I will go. Maybe not the first day. I want to see how their enforcement is with the rules. I'm hoping World of Disney is open so I can buy a mask!

I hope Disney will be motivated to do something with the AMC theater, ESPN building, Rainforest Cafe (why not open it back up), etc. It would be so neat if they would have some of the carts that are in DL and DCA in the esplanade too. (Disney Churros, Little Red Wagon,).

I think you have the makings of a whole 'nother thread. For a while now, those buildings have sat vacant because of the decision to not build the hotel. Open them back up!

BTW, I'm very excited about going back to DTD!! Like others have mentioned above, I'm all set to eat at Earl of Sandwich and check out World of Disney!

I think you have the makings of a whole 'nother thread. For a while now, those buildings have sat vacant because of the decision to not build the hotel. Open them back up!

I am surprised they haven't reopened. But at least with Rainforest it would be up to them to WANT to open up. Also I though they were pretty much gutted (which I could be wrong about), so it would take a lot of time, effort and money to reopen. It is not as simple as "just reopen."

I am surprised they haven't reopened. But at least with Rainforest it would be up to them to WANT to open up. Also I though they were pretty much gutted (which I could be wrong about), so it would take a lot of time, effort and money to reopen. It is not as simple as "just reopen."

Right after Disney announced that they would not be building the hotel. Representatives from Landry's(Who own Rainforest Cafe) mentioned how they had not been contacted by Disney, and that they would have loved to open back up. Since that time, I think you're right, that the insides have been gutted.

Who knows about the theaters??

I will most likely try to go but if crowds are too much or it feels unsafe, I'll leave. I'm fortunate enough to be able to waste gas/do other errands in Anaheim.

... We had a preplanned trip for the 17th, so we are going to go anyway and just enjoy not being at home.
I’ll be there within the first few days it’s reopen. I plan on eating at Earl of Sandwich, going to World of Disney and last but not least walking through the esplanade (if they let you in that area). Just being close to place I love so much will satisfy my Disney thirst for a little while.
I think I will go. Maybe not the first day. I want to see how their enforcement is with the rules. I'm hoping World of Disney is open so I can buy a mask!
... BTW, I'm very excited about going back to DTD!! Like others have mentioned above, I'm all set to eat at Earl of Sandwich and check out World of Disney!
I will most likely try to go but if crowds are too much or it feels unsafe, I'll leave. I'm fortunate enough to be able to waste gas/do other errands in Anaheim.
For those who do visit DTD, please report back on your experience! (With photos, too, if possible!)

I'm waiting to hear back from those who go when it first opens. If it seems like it's okay to walk around with a couple dogs in a stroller or sling, I'll probably make a visit. Of course, I'll need there to be somewhere that I can sit down to eat if I get some food to go from anywhere.

I'm waiting to hear back from those who go when it first opens. If it seems like it's okay to walk around with a couple dogs in a stroller or sling, I'll probably make a visit. Of course, I'll need there to be somewhere that I can sit down to eat if I get some food to go from anywhere.

Why would you bring your dogs to a mall?

I would maybe give Disney a call to see what the rule is. I have seen dogs in DTD but I have a feeling it was because they were headed towards the kennel. Although I am not sure if the rules would be different if they were in a stroller or carrier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter