Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

I hope they ask where people want to sit. I’m still not ready to sit inside to eat.

For the immediate future, earting indoors is probably safer, at only 25% of capacity and the ash falling from the sky daily from the fires.

It would be better to eat indoors before they increase the capacity to 50% in the next tier.

I'm thinking of making a reservation for this weekend.

For the immediate future, earting indoors is probably safer, at only 25% of capacity and the ash falling from the sky daily from the fires.

It would be better to eat indoors before they increase the capacity to 50% in the next tier.

I'm thinking of making a reservation for this weekend.
I'm not planning to be outside for extended periods of time in this current air quality. I'm staying indoors for the time being minus my daily workout walk.

I'm talking about in 2 weeks when I next have plans to go to DtD, I don't want to be forced to eat inside if I choose to dine at one of the restaurants.

I'll be at DTD tomorrow. If anyone would like me to check on, please let me know and I'll do my best.

This past weekend uva bar was using Catal’s balcony, I didn’t see that mentioned anywhere.
Interesting! We saw guests using the balcony a few weeks ago, but didn't know if it was for UVA Bar or some kind of test run for Catal. Sounds like it was the former.

Interesting! We saw guests using the balcony a few weeks ago, but didn't know if it was for UVA Bar or some kind of test run for Catal. Sounds like it was the former.
We saw people on the Catal balcony in August too and assumed Catal opened. Interesting!

Could you please report how crowded it is and if there is a noticeable uptick because of indoor dining? Thank you
I’m here now and crowds are the lightest I’ve seen in awhile. However, I spoke with a CM and she told me that, since kids are now in school, crowds are noticeably smaller in the mornings but traffic picks up in the afternoons and evenings.

Please give Miss Abby our regards! And let us know if you notice anyplace new moving toward reopening, e.g. Catal. Thank you!
Here’s what I was told about seating at Catal: the downstairs seating area opens at noon and balcony seating is only available on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays only). As to seating in the upstairs dining area, she’s heard that it’s coming but she’s not sure when.

Nothing much to see/tell today. Two things of interest, though.

1. As I approached the temp screening area, I saw two or three guests surrounded by three or four security CMs, a few police officers and one of the dogs. Not sure what happened but I imagine it was resolved in short order.

2. I saw a plaid CM being interviewed on camera, perhaps for a training video or something. I hope it’s a “Welcome back to Disneyland” vid ;-).

EDIT: I just spoke with the guys that are shooting the video. They’re actually CMs. They told me that they were simply shooting “B roll” stuff and it wasn’t a “Welcome back to Disneyland” vid as I’d hoped ;-).
AB75EFD7-52DE-46F5-BCCF-CF62F46A983B.jpeg

C32A9EE5-8EDA-4F8B-A568-4A5E2C135BD1.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m here now and crowds are the lightest I’ve seen in awhile. However, I spoke with a CM and she told me that, since kids are now in school, crowds are noticeably smaller in the mornings but traffic picks up in the afternoons and evenings.
I am sure schools are part of it but I am betting the smoke is also a factor.

I’m here now and crowds are relatively heavy. I arrived at around 9:45 but this must have been one of the days that they opened early because as I drove beneath the DTD underpass, I could already see people walking around. It was also the first time that I’ve had to get in a wraparound line to get through the various screenings.

A few minutes ago I thought I’d pop into Marceline’s Confectionery, since the line appeared to be short. However, once I joined it, a CM approached and explained that there was a standby. I only wanted to look (I don’t eat refined sugar) so I declined her offer to get on the list.

A few pics from the gates of DCA. Mats and stools were in evidence. Not sure if the stools have been there since the closure but I choose to interpret their presence as a positive sign. Didn’t see any mats at the DL gates :-(. Somehow that’s still a positive sign, though ;-).

74584EEF-0F78-49AB-959B-5893508F5B61.jpeg

0F489D7F-1F0F-45C3-A68C-A24AFBC72506.jpeg

EF702731-D422-4419-A4E0-6914DDA0CE39.jpeg

The closest I’ve been to DL since the war started.
E4EAE8EA-CF6C-455E-A5D0-5DDB65B00B43.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m here now and crowds are relatively heavy. I arrived at around 9:45 but this must have been one of the days that they opened early because as I drove beneath the DTD underpass, I could already see people walking around. It was also the first time that I’ve had to get in a wraparound line to get through the various screenings.

A few minutes ago I thought I’d pop into Marceline’s Confectionery, since the line appeared to be short. However, once I joined it, a CM approached and explained that there was a standby. I only wanted to look (I don’t eat refined sugar) so I declined her offer to get on the list.

A few pics from the gates of DCA. Mats and stools were in evidence. Not sure if the stools have been there since the closure but I choose to interpret their presence as a positive sign. Didn’t see any mats at the DL gates :-(. Somehow that’s still a positive sign, though ;-).

View attachment 525755

View attachment 525756

View attachment 525759
The parking lot is usually unofficially open by 9:30 on the weekend and the shops are open then as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter