Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Ok finally got one. It's not until 12/22. My friend and I will be doing Knotts that day, so we might try and stop at Carthay for lunch, then go to KBF for the festival.
Your Knott's event ticket has in and out privileges, so, if your CCL reservation time is later than noon, you could get to Knott's when they open, head for BVS, then go back to Knott's later. Just a thought...

I went to DTD this morning for a few hours before my Zoom Thanksgiving with my family back in Chicago. Long story short, I managed to be the first into DTD and into BVS. Both were a welcome surprise. Here are a few pics.
View attachment 540548

View attachment 540547

View attachment 540537

View attachment 540538

View attachment 540539

View attachment 540540

View attachment 540541

View attachment 540542

View attachment 540543

View attachment 540544
We were there this evening and it wasn't much more crowded then! Chilly, very windy -- definitely fall weather -- and at least it wasn't pouring rain like last Thanksgiving! We asked about the ropes being moved back in DCA and were told by security CMs that Disney is testing how much more of the park they can open. They do want to open up more of the park and are working out the details. Update on the DCA cats: they are all doing well and have formed a new family group. They now stick together more and hang out by Little Mermaid and by Monsters, Inc. to keep a watchful eye on CMs. Made sure to wish every CM we met a Happy Thanksgiving. It's fun to watch CMs break into a smile underneath the masks. Trolley Treats was well stocked: plenty of churro toffee, cupcakes, gingerbread cookies, bags of regular toffee (now with a little bow), etc. WOD was well stocked, too: many items which are out of stock online are plentiful in DTD. They still have the 65th anniversary spirit jerseys and other items, the Hades spirit jersey, the gingerbread Mickey face pins, many Loungefly backpack styles which are not found online, etc.
It was a magical time and I'm so glad we went. BVS was really special. Sometimes you just don't realize how homesick you are until you go back home again.

Hey, @BadPinkTink : the Disneyland headband that you like is still In stock at WOD! Keep the faith, girl -- you will get here and that headband will be yours! Pixie dust, pixie dust, pixie dust...

awww, thanks so much, I just sent a Santa List from Hot Topic to my friends, and had a sneaky look on the American Shop Disney too. Those photos @WonkaKid just posted got to me, its like slowly slowly our Disney is waking up. There is movement on the travel bans issue too. We all just need to hang on in there for a little bit longer, keep ourselves safe and healthy and in 2021 we WILL walk down Main Street again :grouphug:

Leaving at 4:20 and lines to get in are INSANE. We had an enjoyable time although lines for everything were pretty long and slow-moving. It was worth coming once with the Carthay Lounge reservation (which allowed us to bypass the BVS line) and without entrance lines, but I wouldn’t come back except maybe a quick weekday morning trip.

Leaving at 4:20 and lines to get in are INSANE. We had an enjoyable time although lines for everything were pretty long and slow-moving. It was worth coming once with the Carthay Lounge reservation (which allowed us to bypass the BVS line) and without entrance lines, but I wouldn’t come back except maybe a quick weekday morning trip.
Yeah I made a Carthay reservation for later in December. I will probably hold off going to see how crowds play out with the reopening of GCV. I went the Saturday after opening and it was fine since I got there early, but there were lines all over.

I’ll go for a few hours tomorrow morning. As many of you know, LA County will begin a three-week stay-at-home order (??) on Monday. I wonder if that will spread to OC soon. Hopefully not.

By the grace of Walt, I was somehow able to be the first in again today - both to DTD and BVS. Crowds are lighter than they were last Sunday or on Thanksgiving. A few pics. They’re kind of the same as the ones I snapped on Thursday but... it was the best I could do :-).

DTD - 11-29-20.jpeg

B541BE49-E8CF-4FCD-9683-A37425CAD164.jpeg

90A966A4-057D-423F-B7F0-3B39C266D9A5.jpeg

C61831B4-9362-4A35-A430-3DECA390505B.jpeg

C1179247-024D-4CC8-8612-01E954135A49.jpeg

1A6DCD24-3E85-4A26-96A7-2172090DA055.jpeg

255EBE2E-1FBE-425A-BC78-61C1203CA97F.jpeg

991599A5-9EC8-4354-9B6C-63AA0C548322.jpeg

DE5BB6D1-A5F7-4B8E-8B40-17A7F39AC8D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Are any of the restrooms open in BVS? If so, which ones? I can think of three possibilities. Thx!

There are three restrooms open:

Main Entrance
Across from Soarin'
Across from Award Wieners

I imagine you were correct in your predictions :)

Are any of the restrooms open in BVS? If so, which ones? I can think of three possibilities. Thx!
I believe that all three of the ones that are available are open: the ones near Soarin’, the main entrance and the one right on BVS :-).

There are three restrooms open:

Main Entrance
Across from Soarin'
Across from Award Wieners

I imagine you were correct in your predictions :)
I believe that all three of the ones that are available are open: the ones near Soarin’, the main entrance and the one right on BVS :-).
Thanks! Yes, those were my guesses. Going to give a visit a try this week, hoping the first-weekend crowds have settled a bit. Though I have no expectations of the crowd-free days that @WonkaKid has seen this past weekend.

Thanks! Yes, those were my guesses. Going to give a visit a try this week, hoping the first-weekend crowds have settled a bit. Though I have no expectations of the crowd-free days that @WonkaKid has seen this past weekend.
I suggest that you enter from the Simba side. While Harbor is closer, of course, it seems that the Simba side is allowed in first. You have to motor to make it to BVS to beat the Harbor crowd but it’s certainly possible.

Glad you had a good time! How much earlier did your CCL reservation allow you in to bypass the BVS line?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter