Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Last edited:
New mobile checkout system being tested at DTD.
1240612B-F6E5-4BE6-90ED-9E230482AB99.pngDD561F4F-0366-41E1-9A6F-D61A0063643F.jpeg
PS @theluckyrabbit wasn’t sure if I should post on the main reopening thread since this system is being tested, and not yet “official”.

View attachment 541225View attachment 541226
PS @theluckyrabbit wasn’t sure if I should post on the main reopening thread since this system is being tested, and not yet “official”.

The idea is definitely interesting. I won't be able to use it though since my pass "expired" at the end of March, so it is long gone from the app. Come March, they will need to think of something as all passes will have fallen off the app as expired for the 1 year point. Wonder if Disney IT thought that far out.

Side question ---- Does anyone know what happens with the discount on the mobile ordering side if we want to apply our discount but our APs are gone from the app? I have not tried, so really don't know.

The idea is definitely interesting. I won't be able to use it though since my pass "expired" at the end of March, so it is long gone from the app. Come March, they will need to think of something as all passes will have fallen off the app as expired for the 1 year point. Wonder if Disney IT thought that far out.

Side question ---- Does anyone know what happens with the discount on the mobile ordering side if we want to apply our discount but our APs are gone from the app? I have not tried, so really don't know.
For mobile ordering, you would probably have to order at the counter so the CM can manually input the discount.

For mobile ordering, you would probably have to order at the counter so the CM can manually input the discount.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but was wondering if anyone had tried yet. I know they want us to use mobile as much as possible, but was just pondering it after reading the mobile shopping information for those who have expired APs.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but was wondering if anyone had tried yet. I know they want us to use mobile as much as possible, but was just pondering it after reading the mobile shopping information for those who have expired APs.
They are hardcore pushing the mobile system. When BVS first opened I was watching a blogger review and he didn’t even realize you could order in person at Award Wieners. He only knew after someone stated you could. I did notice that since they are pushing the mobile system, the actual lines to order are very short. When I walked by Award Wieners had maybe 3 people in line. I didn’t even see a line for Smoke Jumpers. So that’s something to keep in mind too if you go and want to order

From the Disneyland website, BVS reopening Carthay Circle Know Before You Go info - it says with proof of reservation, one can speak to a CM when Simba Lot entry is paused, and can enter BVS up to one hour ahead of reservation time.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/carthay-circle-lounge/

View attachment 541147View attachment 541147
Thanks for this! Does anyone know if this applies for DTD reservations, too, or is that time allowance still approximately 15 minutes before your TS reservation?

View attachment 541225View attachment 541226
Good move to post here first -- I wanted to wait to post this in the official news thread, too.

It's being reported (by GR, for one) that expired APs or any APs which have disappeared from the app must go to the registers to get the discount. You will be able to get your discount, but only by going to the registers. This applies to mobile ordering and mobile checkout.

Glad you had a good time! How much earlier did your CCL reservation allow you in to bypass the BVS line?
I saw this was answered, but wanted to confirm that it’s an hour earlier. We had a 1:10 reservation and happened to hit the gate at precisely 12:10 and got right in.

I saw this was answered, but wanted to confirm that it’s an hour earlier. We had a 1:10 reservation and happened to hit the gate at precisely 12:10 and got right in.
Good to know that this works in real life, just as published -- which we know isn't always the case with Disney! ;) Hope you and your family had a good Thanksgiving!

This offer should be good at both Starbucks in DTD (corporate owned stores), not on BVS:

As an aside, I got a tea at the BVS Starbucks a few days ago and I was offered an AP discount. That's never happened at either of the two SBUX at DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter