Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

As an aside, I got a tea at the BVS Starbucks a few days ago and I was offered an AP discount. That's never happened at either of the two SBUX at DTD.
Correct. Only the in-park Starbucks (Market House in DL and Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe in DCA) offer the discount. The DTD ones never have.
Yes, only the non-corporate owned, in park stores (Market House in DL and FF&P in DCA) offer the AP discounts. (And only the in park Starbucks sell the YAH Disney mugs -- the DTD stores sell the regular YAH mugs.) On the flip side, the corporate owned stores in DTD (Starbucks DTD and Starbucks DTD West II) participate in the bonus offers and allow you to redeem rewards. All DLR locations allow you to use Starbucks cards and Starbucks gift cards.

Anyone been to DTD this week? Pondering a quick visit tomorrow morning but I don't want to go if it's been crazy crowded.
I feel like the initial surge has decreased. But now with popcorn buckets for sale, avengers campus open, and off the page open, not sure if more people will show. I suspect morning should be less busy than Friday evening. I would arrive right when Simba opens.

I feel like the initial surge has decreased. But now with popcorn buckets for sale, avengers campus open, and off the page open, not sure if more people will show. I suspect morning should be less busy than Friday evening. I would arrive right when Simba opens.
Thank you! I’m still undecided. Those darn popcorn buckets, lol.

Thank you! I’m still undecided. Those darn popcorn buckets, lol.
I'm watching a vlog right now, and they have a virtual line for the popcorn buckets. So it shouldn't cause a line per se, but you never know lol.

Side Notw: The White tree bucket doesn't have a purchase limit, but the Jack Skellington AP bucket does

I think it’s going to be busy because everyone realizes it’s going to shut down. I know a bunch of people who weren’t previously planning on going this weekend, but they are now because they figure it’s their only chance...
True...forgot about that tiny detail.

I think it’s going to be busy because everyone realizes it’s going to shut down. I know a bunch of people who weren’t previously planning on going this weekend, but they are now because they figure it’s their only chance...
I agree with this -- TS reservations have become harder to find since the news of the potential shutdown broke. Still available for Saturday, but not as many as before. More availability on Sunday. And even more on Monday -- even a lunch opening at Carthay! (People must be cancelling.)

Christmas popcorn buckets. The Jack Skellington bucket is an AP bucket according to Gothic Rosie.
Yes, she’s correct. However, I’m here now and a CM just told me that they’re available only to AP holders but they’re not refillable. They do glow, though :-).
C0536C9C-4011-4418-B988-3A69ACDB0A5B.jpeg

Incidentally, I just walked past Off the Page. It opens at noon (in 45 minutes) and there were already about 20 people in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter