Get Fit For Disney!

It's been two steps forward, one step back here. I started using SparkPeople again, and by counting calories and exercising 6 days a week I lost 6 lbs over two weeks :cool1:. Then I made Mexican hot chocolate cake this past Sunday...and let's just say calorie counting went out the window. Once the cake is gone I'll get back on track. I hope :).

My biggest struggle is not baking sweets. I love making cakes and cookies and it's been hard to stop. I've decided this would be a good time to learn how to bake bread instead.

It's been two steps forward, one step back here. I started using SparkPeople again, and by counting calories and exercising 6 days a week I lost 6 lbs over two weeks :cool1:. Then I made Mexican hot chocolate cake this past Sunday...and let's just say calorie counting went out the window. Once the cake is gone I'll get back on track. I hope :).

My biggest struggle is not baking sweets. I love making cakes and cookies and it's been hard to stop. I've decided this would be a good time to learn how to bake bread instead.
I love baking, but it's too tempting to eat my creations, so I don't except for holidays! But, if you must, try making really small batches. Also, I love making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies because I load the recipe with oats instead of flour and you can use dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate. You can also add nuts for bulk and protein. You can also try using healthier substitutes like apple sauce for oil, margarine instead of butter, wheat flour instead of white flour, etc. etc.

Count me in, please!

I've set a goal to lose 2 lbs per week until I leave for my September trip... making a total weight loss goal of 40 lbs by 9/3.

I've been at it a week, and managed to lose 3.2 lbs! While I wish I could say it was due to my diligent hard work, it was mostly because I was sick last week.

Snacking is my major downfall. I tend to skip breakfast... sometimes it could be 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon before I get around to eating something. We usually eat dinner around 5 or 5:30, so I'm typically not that hungry since I've just eaten a few hours before. Which means by the time 9:30 or 10:00 rolls around, I'm famished and standing in front of the pantry, looking for a snack.

I'm also a self-described Coca-Cola addict. I'm trying to cut back (there's no way I could quit cold turkey!) and drink more water. Trying to limit myself to just 2 Cokes per day, but sometimes it's hard!

Count me in, please!

I've set a goal to lose 2 lbs per week until I leave for my September trip... making a total weight loss goal of 40 lbs by 9/3.

I've been at it a week, and managed to lose 3.2 lbs! While I wish I could say it was due to my diligent hard work, it was mostly because I was sick last week.

Snacking is my major downfall. I tend to skip breakfast... sometimes it could be 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon before I get around to eating something. We usually eat dinner around 5 or 5:30, so I'm typically not that hungry since I've just eaten a few hours before. Which means by the time 9:30 or 10:00 rolls around, I'm famished and standing in front of the pantry, looking for a snack.

I'm also a self-described Coca-Cola addict. I'm trying to cut back (there's no way I could quit cold turkey!) and drink more water. Trying to limit myself to just 2 Cokes per day, but sometimes it's hard!

OH NO!! :scared1: You can't skip breakfast!!! That's the most important meal of the day!! If you don't eat breakfast, your metabolism doesn't get any kind of start, which can be worse than the wrong kind of start! I used to not be a breakfast person, and so I started with just simple stuff: cereal with a piece of fruit, or some oatmeal. But you gotta have something! I did have to work on becoming a breakfast person though.

But I can't help you with the Coke thing, lol!!

I tend to skip breakfast... sometimes it could be 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon before I get around to eating something. We usually eat dinner around 5 or 5:30, so I'm typically not that hungry since I've just eaten a few hours before. Which means by the time 9:30 or 10:00 rolls around, I'm famished and standing in front of the pantry, looking for a snack.
Wow, this is exactly how my day sounds!

OH NO!! :scared1: You can't skip breakfast!!! That's the most important meal of the day!! If you don't eat breakfast, your metabolism doesn't get any kind of start, which can be worse than the wrong kind of start! I used to not be a breakfast person, and so I started with just simple stuff: cereal with a piece of fruit, or some oatmeal. But you gotta have something! I did have to work on becoming a breakfast person though.

I know, I know! I've even heard that you should eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.

I'm trying to do better at eating breakfast, even if it's just a bowl of cereal or a granola bar. That's my next challenge... to get in the habit of becoming a "breakfast person"! I have a feeling that's something I'll have to work hard at, too!

I know, I know! I've even heard that you should eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.

This is one I've always wanted to try, but I just can't seem to get into it. I don't like a big breakfast, so instead I eat a bigger lunch with lots of veggies, and then a small dinner, usually a piece of fish with some jasmine rice...at least I try to eat like this every day!!

Another trick I learned is about hunger vs. thirst. In your brain, the two centers that tell you you're hungry or thirsty are right next to each other, and sometimes get confused. So next time you think you're hungry, you might just be thirsty instead! Have about 8oz. of water and then wait about 20 minutes. If you're still hungry, you'll know it :thumbsup2

Can I join please....We are going to WDW from the 19th-28th and I wanna lose some weight first. We have almost 19 weeks before vacation and I'd like to lose 25lbs. My journey begins today, and I'm gonna lose some of this a$$, lol!!!
I have an elliptical but in the last two weeks the resistance broke so it only stays on level 1. I haven't been on it much lately but it all starts today!!!!
Good luck to all of you ladies! I'm gonna need some support from this site!!

OK, so I tracked the thread down :) I really need to lose weight, the weather is getting warm and my ticker is getting smaller :woohoo: what more motivation is there? Oh that's right, the dr. told me to :rolleyes1

So, I will check out the thread later to see what I missed but I am on board and looking to chat with others who are in the same boat :thumbsup2

It looks like this thread has nearly died. Let's revive it! I surely need to get off my bum since we leave in 3 and a half months. I want to love the family photos we take that I'm in...

:cool1:
I'm in!
We're checking in on August 28. I have a bit of weight to lose before then and would love a support thread.
I'm still about 39 pounds away from my goal, which sounds like a lot. But when I'm actually eating decently, it's not unreasonable. But honestly, I'll be pretty thrilled being down about 30 more before we go.

LHarper - the picture thing is a good point. We take so many pics at WDW. The sun is actually coming out today so I am going to take a walk with the kids and stay outside. I plan on walking to subway for lunch. The girls and I can split a $5 sub.

Off to go drink some water. I am TERRIBLE about that.

I need to get back on board with this, too. Since my initial post in this thread, I've actually gained 1.2 pounds... GRRRRRRRR!!! :mad:

So we didn't split a sub, I got one and they got one, but I skipped the cheese, the fatty sauce and loaded it with veggies. Yay for oven roasted chick breast, and a subway in walking distance.

Did some yard work and drank more water.

Does anyone here follow an exercise schedule? I know my usual zero minutes zero days is a week (ever since I quit dancing) is no good, just wondering what is a more "normal" goal.

MamaJessie, good choices on skipping the cheese and adding more veggies to your sub!

I don't have a set exercise routine or schedule. Though I probably should! I do try to get out and walk a few times a week. I was in the habit of dropping my kids off at school in the mornings and then going to a local park to walk the track. Now that school is out, I haven't been able to do that.

:cool1:
I'm in!
We're checking in on August 28. I have a bit of weight to lose before then and would love a support thread.
I'm still about 39 pounds away from my goal, which sounds like a lot. But when I'm actually eating decently, it's not unreasonable. But honestly, I'll be pretty thrilled being down about 30 more before we go.

Yeah! we are going about a week before you...IM kinda annoyed I didnt lose the # I wanted before this trip..If I could take off 7 by Aug 18 I would be psyched. Glad there is someone else on my same time frame.

Maybe we can inspire one another...:cool1:

Hello everyone! Let's see if we can get this thread going again. We're almost to Disney Time!

I've lost 5 pounds of my 15 pound goal. Considering we started this thread in March, that's 5 pounds in 4 months. Uh oh! :scared1:

I know I WILL hit my goal, but I've got to step it up a notch over the next month by doing some of these: :yay: and less of these: popcorn::.

So we didn't split a sub, I got one and they got one, but I skipped the cheese, the fatty sauce and loaded it with veggies. Yay for oven roasted chick breast, and a subway in walking distance.

Did some yard work and drank more water.

Does anyone here follow an exercise schedule? I know my usual zero minutes zero days is a week (ever since I quit dancing) is no good, just wondering what is a more "normal" goal.

Looks like this is pretty old but I don't think it was answered... the canned response is at least 30 minutes of exercise every day at minimum but the more the better (without causing injury). It used to be 3x a week I think but they changed the guidelines as we as a nation became more sedentary and gained weight.

Start low, take it slow, and try not to work the same muscle group in a row - if you run one day, try to do something that works more upper body muscles the next day, or at least an exercise that doesn't target your calves as much.

Currently we are running 3x a week - two days of 30 minutes and then a distance run on the weekend ala Jeff Galloway in preparation for a half marathon. I SHOULD be doing my Jillian 30 day shred exercise video on the 'off' days but I haven't been very good about that part yet - the video tends to work my whole body so I've been worried about overdoing my legs (which feel like jelly after my runs sometimes!)

They say 30 is for people who just want health benefits, 60 for people who need more than that to see results, and 90 a day for people who need to lose a lot of weight and want to keep it off. You don't need to do it all at once in a day though, its cumulative (but that still seems like a lot!)

My boyfriend and I started a dated spreadsheet. We get to put an x for everyday that we exercise 30 minutes. I think we need to up it, because we've gotten pretty good at it..and he has bought some new gym clothes to keep at work, and has started walking 30 to 60 minutes during his lunch hour too!
We miss days like everyone else, but it feels good to mark it off, and to look back and see how many days in a row we made our goal!

Nice thread friends,... I was seeing this forum for a week and now I have joined this forum and I am happy to be a part of this forum and I am very fond of trip to Disney land.Hope i will soon go for their.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!