Getting an AP discount within a few weeks of visit?

adelaster

DIS Veteran
Has anyone managed to apply an AP discount within a few weeks-week of their visit? Trying to determine if I should keep checking so often or just give up.

For context, we currently have a rack room rate booked. The resort we are booked at is included in the current passholder offer, our stay qualifies, it just filled up fast.

Thanks for the input!

I'm not sure if anyone's ever managed to do it, but I'm still checking for our December trip. We're doing a split stay between WL and BC and so far I've managed to score the AP discount for the BC half, but not the WL half. I figure I'll keep checking once a day until right before our trip, because the discount saved us about $150 a night for the BC half, which covered our CL FP+s for that part of the trip (minux tax)! :)

Has anyone managed to apply an AP discount within a few weeks-week of their visit? Trying to determine if I should keep checking so often or just give up.

For context, we currently have a rack room rate booked. The resort we are booked at is included in the current passholder offer, our stay qualifies, it just filled up fast.

Thanks for the input!
Yes, I booked a week at the Yacht club with a ph rate 2 weeks prior. This was last month. September tends to be a little slower. I would keep checking it doesn't hurt and doesn't take a lot of time...unless you don't have an AP yet and have to call. People do cancel.

Yes, every time we book prior to the AP rate release. They open up rooms every day, it seems to me anyway. Because I'll check daily and see different availability each time.
I've gotten the AP rate as late as the day before we arrive since the promos usually remain effective until right up till our check-in day. That doesn't usually work for other promos since they usually expire well before arrival dates

For those reading, I managed to get one a day before check in. Saved the cost of a night's stay. So yes, definitely possible! Appreciate those who kept me motivated to check so many times. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter