Getting back from MK After Hours

Grumpy Bear

Earning My Ears
I'm guessing the boats stop running after a certain time so would a bus be provided to get us back from After Hours at MK?
I'm sure we wouldn't be left stranded but just trying to picture it for when we go next week.

Every time I’ve done After Hours Disney had stopped running the boats by the time it was over and so we were directed to the buses. Unfortunately there never were any direct buses to the Fort, we took the Wilderness Lodge bus and waited for the Fort’s internal bus to pick us up from there...took a bit of time but AH is worth it.

The main big boat stops running an hour after park closing. The small boats stop at I believe 11pm, regardless. It is on a sign at the dock at Contemporary. And there is no bus to the Fort, you would have to go to Wilderness lodge and then get a bus to the Fort.
We stayed late at MK one night, totally our fault and spoke with a CM upon leaving MK, they got us a bus....via WL to the Fort.

Wonderful. Thank you!

Just wanted to x2 on @Disneypeach’s info above - during regular Disney After Hours normal MK resort transportation options start to end during the event, leaving bus as the only option. Oftentimes the buses run in non traditional sharing arrangements - CR, WL, & FW being relatively common. Although one year I had a bus that went to all 5 MK resorts.

During Villains After Hours, last summer they did keep traditional boat and monorail options running. TBD what they do with the new series of Villains After Hours that starts this Friday.

Just wanted to x2 on @Disneypeach’s info above - during regular Disney After Hours normal MK resort transportation options start to end during the event, leaving bus as the only option. Oftentimes the buses run in non traditional sharing arrangements - CR, WL, & FW being relatively common. Although one year I had a bus that went to all 5 MK resorts.

During Villains After Hours, last summer they did keep traditional boat and monorail options running. TBD what they do with the new series of Villains After Hours that starts this Friday.

We are doing the regular AH next Monday so I guess I will just keep in mind that we could be taking 2 buses back and it could take a while. It's going to be a late night but I'm looking forward to it!

We are doing the regular AH next Monday so I guess I will just keep in mind that we could be taking 2 buses back and it could take a while. It's going to be a late night but I'm looking forward to it!

Have fun!

We always appreciate on the ground transportation reports since things can sometimes change over time, so would love to hear how it goes on your night if you have a second to report back.

One way or another, they won’t strand you. I was one of the last out of the park for a 3 AM close one time, and eventually you just get your own private bus. :rotfl2:This was staying at Pop, though.

We had a great night. Checked with the boats on the way there and were told they would run after the event. I clarified that I meant the after hours event and not regular park hours. lol no boats. We were not the only ones that were told that as there were a bunch of people in the same situation but we caught a bus that went via Wilderness Lodge and on to the Fort.

I had a suspicion there wouldn't be any boats so I wasn't too surprised but other people totally caught unaware.

Glad you had a good time and glad you thought the boats wouldn't be running, I know the bus service to the fort from some of the parks is not the best, but they won't leave you stranded either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter