Getting to parks and new Skyliner

SFRN97

Mouseketeer
This will be our first time going since they started charging to park car at the resorts. We plan on staying at Pop and are trying to decide if renting a car is worth it. We will order from garden grocer for snacks. My concern is we hate waiting for the buses to get to and from hotel. Question with new Skyliner I understand it goes to HS and Epcot to get to Magic Kingdom would it be feasible to take Skyliner from Pop to Epcot then hop monorail to TTC then take monorail to Magic Kingdom or better to just take bus from pop to MK.

Just take the bus to the MK. The Skyliner station at Epcot is at the International Gateway in the back of the park. The monorail station is at the front of the park, so not even close and you'd have to enter and walk through the park just to get there.

You would need a park hopper and it would not be quick as the skyliner station is at the IG entrance to Epcot so you would enter Epcot and walk to the main exit to get to the monorail. The entire trip would be skyliner to CBR, switch lines to take skyliner to Epcot, walk through Epcot, monorail to the TTC, switch lines and monorail to MK.

Personally - I would just take the bus.

I’ve always thought the bus service from Pop was good, and don’t forget you can always call A ride share service. The skyliner station at Epcot is too far from the monorail to consider using it to get to the Magic Kingdom.

This will be our first time going since they started charging to park car at the resorts. We plan on staying at Pop and are trying to decide if renting a car is worth it. We will order from garden grocer for snacks. My concern is we hate waiting for the buses to get to and from hotel. Question with new Skyliner I understand it goes to HS and Epcot to get to Magic Kingdom would it be feasible to take Skyliner from Pop to Epcot then hop monorail to TTC then take monorail to Magic Kingdom or better to just take bus from pop to MK.
Take the Skyliner to Epcot, walk to Beach Club get a bus to MK. The buses from there are never very busy and it's way quicker than walking through Epcot to the monorail. By the way, the monirail to MK is straight through, no need to change.
However, I think this would only be good if the queues for MK are silly and you really, really don't want to wait.

Take the Skyliner to Epcot, walk to Beach Club get a bus to MK. The buses from there are never very busy and it's way quicker than walking through Epcot to the monorail. By the way, the monirail to MK is straight through, no need to change.
However, I think this would only be good if the queues for MK are silly and you really, really don't want to wait.
No Way is this advice faster. No Way at all. And the Monorail from Epcot to the MK is NOT straight through. You have to change at the TTC
Bad advice all around.

The Monorail from Epcot to MK?
Uh, nope.
You can go to TTC from Epcot. You will have to get off and get on the Express or the Resort line, or grab a Ferry if you rather.
But you can NOT go to MK from Epcot direct

Last edited:

Travel time, via Skyliner, from Pop to EP is approximately 17 minutes. Add another 5 - 10 minutes to walk to the BC bus area and then wait for a MK bus that could take up to 20 minutes to arrive . . . or simply wait up to 20 minutes for the Pop to MK bus to show up.

EP monorail stops at TTC. Guests must then disembark at TTC and either take the monorail or ferry boat to MK. I once rode the EP monorail to the TTC with a family who had obviously been on the EP monorail loop several times and kept ending up back at EP. As we rode, the kids kept telling their dad they needed to get off at TTC and dad kept insisting the monorail would eventually go to MK. I tried to help by informing them that they, indeed, had to get off at TTC to get to MK and offered to show them how to transfer. We disembarked the EP monorail, they stayed on - Dad glaring at me and kids looking at me with desperation in their eyes.

If you really, really, really want to use the Skyliner to get from Pop to MK:
Skyliner to CBR, transfer to bus to MK; except I'm not 100% positive the bus that picks up there exits the resort, so
Skyliner to CBR, transfer to Skyliner to DHS, transfer to bus to MK bus loop.

If you really, really, really want to use the Skyliner to get from Pop to MK:
Skyliner to CBR, transfer to bus to MK; except I'm not 100% positive the bus that picks up there exits the resort, so
Skyliner to CBR, transfer to Skyliner to DHS, transfer to bus to MK bus loop.
Skyliner to Riveria would be better because there is only one bus stop at Riviera while CBR has seven. I don't think the Skyliner stop is close to the bus depot at CBR. :)

Based on all the vlogs Rob from Passport to the Parks posted on youtube :), there is a bus stop right outside the CBR Skyliner station.

We just returned from pop. One morning the MK bus was ridiculously long and none of us wanted to wait. We took the skyliner to DHS and caught a MK bus from there. May have taken just as long, but we were constantly moving so no one complained like they were the short while we tried to wait it out for the MK bus.

The last time I stayed at BC the bus area was extremely busy (and with no official lane to line up in, it was chaotic and full of line breakers). It was so busy we paid for cabs (as they were there waiting for passengers) rather than take buses to parks.

Take the bus from Pop or budget for a cab/Uber.

CBR bus stops are generally packed going to MK so not advantage or guarantee you won’t be stuck waiting there later. Plus I don’t think CBR guests would appreciate that. If you don’t want to take bus get a Lyft to TTC. It will be much quicker. Minnie Van can take you to bus drop area but costs more.

No good way to use Skyliner to MK. Bad advice and waste of time there. All resorts have lines fo MK bus in am. Plus BC shares with YC. Your just making it hard that way.

CBR bus stops are generally packed going to MK so not advantage or guarantee you won’t be stuck waiting there later. Plus I don’t think CBR guests would appreciate that.
CBR buses to MK are no busier than any other resort. And why wouldn't CBR guests appreciate it? Anyone is free to use the buses at any resort or park. No one would know the difference, anyhow.

Regardless, I do agree with PPs that its easiest and fastest to bus from Pop directly to MK.

Why in the world would you do that when you can get on a bus at your own resort?? Others have already addressed your incorrect info about the MK monorail, so I will disregard it.

Uber from Pop to Grand Floridian (about $13) then one stop on the monorail to MK. And you get to enjoy the GF lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter