Getting to WDW from Fort Lauderdale tomorrow? (NYC Flight canceled)

Baduist

Mouseketeer
Delta just cancled our JFK->MCO flight, and re-booked us on a flight to Fort Lauderdale (FLL), then 2 connection flights through (ATL), overall travel time of over 11 hours - not idea with two babies.

We're thinking of looking for a car service from FLL directly to our WDW resort, as it will be shorter and we're with 2 babies.

Does anyone know of a good company to book with?

(renting a car is not an option, we're looking into flights but it doesn't seem to work out with our arrival time, plus we're expecting more delays due to the storm).

Other ideas & advice are very welcome...! :)

Delta just cancled our JFK->MCO flight, and re-booked us on a flight to Fort Lauderdale (FLL), then 2 connection flights through (ATL), overall travel time of over 11 hours - not idea with two babies.

We're thinking of looking for a car service from FLL directly to our WDW resort, as it will be shorter and we're with 2 babies.

Does anyone know of a good company to book with?

(renting a car is not an option, we're looking into flights but it doesn't seem to work out with our arrival time, plus we're expecting more delays due to the storm).

Other ideas & advice are very welcome...! :)

Since renting a car isn't an option, take your own. Get out now. What about getting out to Syracuse/Rochester/Buffalo? Could you drive West and get a direct flight?

Oh gosh, that's a long drive from Fort Lauderdale.

Good luck! Hope you're able to make lemonade :-)

It's highly doubtful you're going to find a car company that will drive you from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando, that's quite a trek.

Your best to try to possibly find a flight either out of somewhere else up there nearby (EWR, Hartford, Allentown, etc) or try to fly into Sanford or Tampa.

We're not locals, so we don't have a car, we just landed from overseas a few hours ago at JFK.

So far, I found http://fortlauderdale-carservice.com - booking through their site seems to be $529.00 for an Escalade to take us to WDW. Google maps says it's about a 3 hours drive.

Not ideal, but I don't see any better options at the moment. Considering we came from the other side of the globe and been planning this vacation for over 6 months...

We're not locals, so we don't have a car, we just landed from overseas a few hours ago at JFK.

So far, I found http://fortlauderdale-carservice.com - booking through their site seems to be $529.00 for an Escalade to take us to WDW. Google maps says it's about a 3 hours drive.

Not ideal, but I don't see any better options at the moment. Considering we came from the other side of the globe and been planning this vacation for over 6 months...

It sounds like you have it figured out. Good luck!

You guys gotta fly either out of somewhere else or fly into somewhere else. Otherwise, I hope you have travel insurance. Good luck.

I found this shuttle service, but I don't have any personal experience or knowledge.

http://bookings.gofloridashuttle.com/index.php?option=com_taxi&view=service&disp=5&ari=15

I'm so sorry that you will be greeted by a winter storm, upon arrival in the States., but I hope that everything works out.

From the way I'm taking it, they're already in the states and things went bad while they were here.

They didn't give much info otherwise, but if they didn't get out of the NY area tonight, it's only going to get worse going into tomorrow. So it's possible that any flight for tomorrow is cancelled as well.

You guys gotta fly either out of somewhere else or fly into somewhere else. Otherwise, I hope you have travel insurance. Good luck.

Suggestions? We're not familiar with the area. For us, NYC is just manhattan & JFK lol ;-)
Not even sure how to set this up so quickly, and also assuming any other airports in the area are suffering the same kind of issues due to the weather. Am I wrong?

From the way I'm taking it, they're already in the states and things went bad while they were here.

They didn't give much info otherwise, but if they didn't get out of the NY area tonight, it's only going to get worse going into tomorrow. So it's possible that any flight for tomorrow is cancelled as well.

Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking, but by the time we knew about this it was to late to get a flight out from JFK under $1500-2000... Flights are being booked so fast...

UPDATE: Took Delta 2 hours to call us back, and they put us on a 4PM flight to Tampa.

Really hoping it won't be cancelled.

Anyone know of a car service in Tampa?

From Tampa, you could take Uber. There are also potentially transfer services that would have a motor coach.

WORST case, send one adult to WalMart via Uber to buy a pair of cheap car seats, back to the airport to pick up adult 2 & babies, and then off to WDW. Will take a while, but shouldn’t break the bank (comparatively speaking.)

UPDATE: Took Delta 2 hours to call us back, and they put us on a 4PM flight to Tampa.
Really hoping it won't be cancelled.

You're not leaving NY until 4:00 pm on Wednesday? Wow, I hope things go okay for you. I hear NY is supposed to get 12-15 inches of snow.

Yup, worried.

Asked Delta how come the flight to MCO was canceled but a flight to FLL is still on. They said the cancellation is not due to JFK issues, but the route.

And I keep seeing planes taking off from my airport hotel window, and about 10% of the flights are still on time according to JFK's website (including ours). Some are delayed 30-60 mins, which means they are assuming it will go out, I presume?

Girl from Delta said "all of the canceled flights so far for today have ben cancelled already, but I can't say for sure that it won't get canceled later".

I'm carefully optimistic. Not that I have a choice lol :)

Delta tweeted: The fourth Nor'easter to hit the east coast this month is expected to bring moderate to heavy snow and high winds Wednesday. Approximately 500 Delta flights have been proactively cancelled. Check http://Delta.com or the Fly Delta Mobile App for the latest flight status.

I bet the girl from Delta meant: all of the flights that we decided to proactively cancel have already been cancelled.

Good luck!

Asked Delta how come the flight to MCO was canceled but a flight to FLL is still on. They said the cancellation is not due to JFK issues, but the route.
It all depends on where the plane is coming from. Just because JFK is open doesn't mean the airport the plane is at before is open.

For example, maybe the flight is PIT -> JFK -> MCO. If the plane can't get in/out of PIT, then it won't get to JFK and therefore MCO. But the FLL flight is actually coming from Charlotte through JFK and on the FLL.

I would be shocked if planes leave today at 4pm from JFK. My guess is, it will be cancelled. Hopefully they can get you on one early tomorrow. I would be one of the first to try to get a flight tomorrow if todays is going to be cancelled. Good luck, bad weather and flying sucks!!!

I just checked JetBlue and every flight out of JFK going to Florida after 12:30 was cancelled. Don't think flights will be going out of JFK for the rest of the day. Hope you can get out early tomorrow.

I just checked JetBlue and every flight out of JFK going to Florida after 12:30 was cancelled. Don't think flights will be going out of JFK for the rest of the day. Hope you can get out early tomorrow.

They're flying Delta. They were able to get JFK to Tampa, but I don't know what time the flight was. Per JFK's website, the 4pm and 7pm flights to Tampa via Delta are still a go. So hopefully they make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter