• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

getting worried

mainecamper

Earning My Ears
Am I being totally shallow? We are planning to leave on our very first driving trip to WDW on the very day we may be going to war! I am trying to be optimistic, but am feeling almost like a traitor, doing something just for pleasure while young men and women may be putting their lives on the line. I know there is no more I can do here than on the road, but pray for them all...guess I just needed to talk to some folks who might understand how I feel...thanks for listening...Nance:confused:

not shallow at all..you are not asking for this war, our un-elected president is...He should not be going to disney, or enjoying himself, BUT you certainly should....Enjoy your trip....

Thank you...I guess I'm too used to putting everyone's feelings ahead of mine (it's a mother thing!!) I need this vacation so much...we are taking our grown daughter and her fiance...they have never been...she and her father are in business together and it's been a tough year in building...they are contractors...I think once we get going and get away from the constant media...I'll be fine!!!;)

Go and enjoy your trip. We have to continue with our lives. But at the same time, pray for the safety of all our men and women in the armed forces.

MaineCamper,

I am a military wife and we are stationed at Fort Hood and guess where I will be on the 17th of March? Well WDW, of course!

The reason men and women, like my husband and brother, do what they do everyday, is SO that people like me and my children and you and yours can enjoy a nice vacation!

Will my husband be with me? We don't know, we will know on the 12 March, when the car leaves. Will my vacation be cut short if he needs to get back? Probably. My husbands thought on the whole idea of me and the kids going without him, is this: Why would I want you and the kids sitting around all spring-break watching the news and worrying?

I figure poor WDW has one heck of a job this year, Help me forget about the news for at least awhile. I have a funny feeling they will do an excellent job!

I hope you and yours have a great vacation! Enjoy yourself, life and time are too short!!!

Wahoo,
You and your family have our prayers for sure...I guess I was just in the doldrums this morning and feeling a little weary of all that is happening in our world...you are right, if we don't have our freedom what else is there! We will be heading down on the 18th...hopefully not in a snow storm, but DH says if we have to put chains on the 5th wheel we are out of here!!! Wind is howling right now and I'm washing shorts!!! Yeah!!! Get the place warmed up for us, okay!!! Nance:smooth:

let me just add this...
----
3 years ago, my oldest of 3 dogs died (she had been sick for a while)...took her to the animal place from cremation..then..off to Disney for family fun day...
1 1/2 years ago, had plans for disney trip when granpa passed...it was in chicago ( we live in s. fla)..gramma was ADAMANT that we dont drive that far in the snow etc..so..yep..off to disney..
...so I speak from experience when I say you'll have no worries (hakuna matata...) ENJOY!!!
----
btw..we have no other family issues planned..but we will be there March 19th for 4 glorius nights!!!

As with most things in life, stuff happens unexpectedly. Continue on with your plans ... the war may or may not be underway.

Keep President Bush and the service people in your prayers and keep living your life ... I think that is the best thing you can do.

p.s. We hope in the car 2 weeks from tomorrow for the trip to WDW!! Woo Hooo ... it's been a long, cold winter!!

Go and have a great time!! If you change your plans the other guy wins. Don't give them the satisfaction! Take a flag with you and fly it when ever you stop. Keep the prayers going it helps. I know I have been in harms way my self and I knew the folks back home were praying for me to come home safe and it was a great comfort to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter