GF Tea solo? Anyone?

MickeyMonstersMom

DIS Veteran
I thought I had all my PS's and meal plans set, saving the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian for another time, but a thread in the Dining forum is tempting me greatly. I'm not sure about going solo, though, so I'd love to hear from anyone who has done so. Does it seem strange for a single person to do this? Should I call for a PS for Sunday? I have no idea what time I'd ask for, since I'm driving from Sanford (first time driving in FL) and don't know how long it will take to get there, check in, etc. I suppose I could just take my chances and show up when I get there - if I can't get in, I can go with the original plan and save it for another time. At any rate, any thoughts on this are appreciated.

I've never done the Tea solo, but have seen individuals enjoying it when I've been there. What time do you arrive in Sanford? I'd allow several hours to get to WDW and check in. I think a PS is a good idea- it always seems to fill up.

I had tea solo last October. If you are comfortable at a sit down restaurant solo, you'll be fine.

I had a nice break on a hot day between my morning at Epcot and MNSSHP that night.

Deb

I went to the GF tea by myself this past September, I made a PS for 3:00 but walked in at 2:00 to see if I could go to the earlier seating and I had no problems as there was hardly anyone there.
I really enjoyed it, it was a nice leisure way to spend my afternoon. The waitress was very nice and attentive. I did not feel odd or out of place, I would not hesitate to go by myself again.

I've done this several times, and it's great. I often go in the afternoon when spending a day at MK. It's a nice break in the afternoon to take the monorail over to the GF for tea.

Only once did I have to wait because it was full. Now I usually just call ahead for PS before I catch the monorail to make sure that it is not booked up.

It is probably the easiest place to go solo that I've been to. LOTS of women in there solo (probably because their male partners won't go).

It's only available for a fairly limited time in the afternoon. I'm not sure of the hours.

I think it's 2 to 6. I know it's more than a two hour window.

Deb

Yes, DEFINITELY go! I got the tip from someone on the board, and go a few times a year Usually the other guests are solo women, women in pairs, or a little girl's birthday party. I have rarely seen any males here!

Service is good and unobtrusive, and it's a really nice time away from more hectic areas.

I called upon arrival on Sunday, but that afternoon was already booked up. I ate two lunches and a dinner at Epcot the next day as it was (!), and filled up on breakfast before leaving on Tuesday. Oh well, I greatly enjoyed my dining experiences, so I can't regret missing the Tea - and I have something else to look forward to when I go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter