GFC or WCC on New Years Day?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
Hubby and I will be arriving on the afternoon of 1/01/05. After everything I've read about New Year's crowds we've decided to avoid the parks that day. I was thinking about doing a MK resort tour to see the Christmas decorations and was trying to find a place for an early dinner. DH is very much a meat and potatoes guy. No fusion, no nouveau, no anything green. The menu at Whispering Canyon looks really good for him but I'm worried about the atmosphere. I REALLY don't like being part of the show or standing out in a crowd. (I'm still suffering from post traumatic stress disorder from an incident at 50's Prime Time Cafe years ago.) Can I dine at WCC strictly as a spectator? If not, how's dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe? Which would you recommend for one picky eater and one shy one?

Thanks so much,

Jennifer

I don't know about WCC, but I really like the GF Cafe. It's romantic, but still very casual. The garlic spinach dip is excellent! The selections range from a nice steak, to pasta, cheeseburgers and a turkey sandwich. Izzy is the server to request, he's a Disney gem.

Tammi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter