"Giant Andy's Room" at All Star???

lcborn2run

Mouseketeer
I saw this mentioned in another post. Is it a common area at the hotel? What else is at these hotels? Is it worth riding by there for the kids to check it out?

Thanks a bunch...

Lisa

p.s. how does everyone have these cool pages and signatures-mine is so boring!

Andy's room is in a common area at the All Star Movies. If you were to walk through the building and out the back door toward the pool and rooms, you would turn left to go to Andy's room. Its pretty neat.

unless things have changed since i stayed at the ASMo in dec., you can't "ride by there" to check it out unless you are a guest. They have a gate you have to pass through & you have to show your resort ID to the guard to get through. You can't even SEE the buildings from there. when we got there before we checked in i had to show my driver's license & they checked to see if i really did have a ressie. sorry.

All you have to tell the guard, is that you are checking out the resort for a future stay, or that you are stopping to eat at the resort. Sometimes you have to show your license and sometimes you don't, but at this time, they are letting you in. If you are staying at another Disney resort, you'll get a paper for your dash..and most all resorts just wave you through.

maybe they are letting you in now. i just wanted to say that in dec. they WERE NOT allowing people not staying at the All-Stars through. maybe it was extra security for the holidays. who knows? i would just hate for some kid to get their hopes up about seeing something & then not be allowed in.

We stayed at Music in Nov. and Movies in Jan. - the guard never asked for my liscense. He just let us through when we said were we were staying. :smooth:

My sister in law and nephew drove in to the ASmo to see us 2 seperate times and only had to say they were visiting us. When he drove us back, we weren't even stopped.

In the courtyard between the Toy Story buildings in ASMo there is a seriously oversized reproduction of Andy's room including (of course) Buzz, who stands about 30 feet tall, give or take a couple feet, Woody, who is the same scale as Buzz but he is seated, some giant blocks, a giant door to the room and just outside the door there is an RC that kids can sit in (and ours did just about every time we walked by!). I might be forgetting some things, but I think those are the highlights!

NOT allowing people not staying at the All-Stars through. maybe it was extra security for the holidays.

Did they actually stop you from entering or just ask your business there, and for ID? There is a sign saying ot have your ID ready, but after the first time, we realized they seldom (never to us) ask for it). We've been down 5 times since last January, and it's never been a problem, even when we atayed at POR and brought the grands over to visit their fav resorts, All Stars. We also had company when we stayed there, and once they said they were visiting us, and the other couple said they just wanted to look around...no problems at all.
Maybe the day you went in, was a supervisor day..when they didn't know if they were being watched.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter