Giraffes, zebras and flamingos......oh my! Completed 10/13.

After a good nights sleep, I woke up ready and refreshed for another fun Disney day. First up on my list was breakfast at Boma, then plenty of pool time, Hidden Mickey hunting at AKL and my very first MNSSHP!!

A few of the Hidden Mickey's I found at AKL.......
IMG_0974.JPG
IMG_0979.JPG
IMG_0981.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG
Can I just say that MNSSHP is the best thing ever???? Seriously....the best! I had SO much fun! Yes, I dressed up.......I was not missing out on that opportunity. I went dressed as the Blue Fairy; wings, wand, sparkly silver accessories etc. I loved it!
IMG_1198.JPG
Shortly after arriving at the party I had a chance meet up with our own @MeghanEmily and her lovely new husband. They were dressed up as Peter Pan and his shadow and I think Meghan has a slightly soggy picture of us somewhere to prove it. I had a meet with a Canadian Disney Addict friend and we enjoyed a Dole Whip together as we took in some rare character meet and greets (Moana, Jaffar, Tarzan and Jane etc). We also did some trick or treating through the Enchanted Tiki Room and watched the first show of Hocus Pocus. Such a great show with the Sanderson sisters.
IMG_0991.JPG
A little spooky decor........
IMG_0994.JPG
Next up was a Disney Junkies meet up in the Town Square and the start of the Halloween parade! I can tell you, the parade alone was worth the price of admission for me!

Continued in next post.....stay tuned!

Last edited:
and my very first MNSSHP!!

img_1198-jpg.268173
YOU. LOOK. AMAZING.

I had a chance meet up with our own @MeghanEmily and her lovely new husband.

I had a meet with a Canadian Disney Addict friend
Yay!

watched the first show of Hocus Pocus. Such a great show with the Sanderson sisters.
Oh my gosh, I LOVE Hocus Pocus... I would have been in my glory here!

I'm a little late, but I've finally made it over here! I do, indeed, have a fairly soggy picture...and I'm using that as an excuse as to why it's such an unflattering picture! But at least you look lovely! It was so nice to catch you at MNSSHP, even though we were interrupted by the rain. Can't wait to hear more about your fabulous solo time :)

cCkZa13.jpg

Loving your blue fairy outfit. You almost look too classy to be at a Halloween party :-) Glad to hear you had such a great time. We are doing the Christmas party in November and I am oh so excited

YOU. LOOK. AMAZING.
Thank you! It was such a fun outfit to put together and I loved the whole experience. :)

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Hocus Pocus... I would have been in my glory here!
It really was an incredible show!

'm a little late, but I've finally made it over here! I do, indeed, have a fairly soggy picture...and I'm using that as an excuse as to why it's such an unflattering picture! But at least you look lovely! It was so nice to catch you at MNSSHP, even though we were interrupted by the rain. Can't wait to hear more about your fabulous solo time :)
You two look as cute as anything! It was great to run into you, always nice to see other Canadians (and Maritimers to boot!) in Disney!

Loving your blue fairy outfit. You almost look too classy to be at a Halloween party :-) Glad to hear you had such a great time. We are doing the Christmas party in November and I am oh so excited
Thanks Kari! I am so happy to have been at the party. It was awesome! I will look forward to hearing all about the Christmas party....I am sure it will be wonderful!

You are correct, the Halloween party IS the best thing ever! It's by far my favorite special event in Disney. We've gone 4x but sadly not since 2014. We were supposed to go this year until football made us change our dates :mad: and yes I'm still bitter about it! You look wonderful in your costume, love it :goodvibes

@MeghanEmily and Nathan, yay!! We were lucky enough to meet them in May and loved spending time with them in MK. Again we were almost there to see them (and you!) again last month but........:sad2:

You know in all our stays in so many different resorts, I don't think I've ever looked for hidden Mickeys at any of them. I found one without looking at the Poly but that's it. Now I'm going to make sure I Look in Nov!

You are correct, the Halloween party IS the best thing ever! It's by far my favorite special event in Disney. We've gone 4x but sadly not since 2014. We were supposed to go this year until football made us change our dates :mad: and yes I'm still bitter about it! You look wonderful in your costume, love it :goodvibes

@MeghanEmily and Nathan, yay!! We were lucky enough to meet them in May and loved spending time with them in MK. Again we were almost there to see them (and you!) again last month but........:sad2:

You know in all our stays in so many different resorts, I don't think I've ever looked for hidden Mickeys at any of them. I found one without looking at the Poly but that's it. Now I'm going to make sure I Look in Nov!
Thanks! I just loved MNSSHP, such a fun night! It was great to meet Meghan and Nathan, I actually ran into them again on my last morning in MK as well. There is a whole book on finding Hidden Mickeys. It has sections for each park, resort and Disney Springs. It's such a fun way to spend time!

A little more from MNSSHP......when I left off it was almost time for the parade to start. Just before that there was a Disney Junkies meet up outside Tony's Town Square. I had a perfect curb side seat for the parade, what a great viewing area! Before the parade came down to our area, there was a dance party with characters from Zootopia. There was a full conga line of characters, CMs and guests winding there way around the square. It was awesome!
IMG_0998.JPG
Next up was the Headless Horseman! I was so happy to see him as he didn't ride during the second parade due to the rain.
IMG_0996.JPG
I could hear the music now and the excitement was really building for the start of the parade. Here it comes!
IMG_1004.JPG
IMG_1006.JPG
IMG_1014.JPG
Of course, having characters from my beloved Haunted Mansion made it extra special for me. :)
IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1019.JPG
The parade alone was worth the cost of the party ticket for me. And now it was time for HalloWishes!!!
IMG_1043.JPG
IMG_1044.JPG
IMG_1046.JPG
I loved all the projections on the castle and the music was so fun. Absolutely a great show and I was so happy to got to see it. After the fireworks I checked out some of the character line ups. Lotso, the Red Queen, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Alice and the Mad Hatter were all out and about but the lines were LONG! Winnie the Pooh and friends were out in their Halloween gear looking super adorable. I took advantage of the minimal wait times and rode HM, Peter Pan, SDMT and the People Mover. I had so much fun taking in the whole atmosphere and people watching. What a spectacular evening. I would highly recommend it!

Ahhh, this sounds like so many things I love all wrapped into one amazing evening!!! I am so happy that you got to take part in this!!! :goodvibes

Ahhh, this sounds like so many things I love all wrapped into one amazing evening!!! I am so happy that you got to take part in this!!! :goodvibes
Tracy, you HAVE to do this party one day! It could be a perfect "I'm finished grad school" present for you. You would absolutely adore every minute!

You were smart to do the earlier parade!! The later one was quite...soggy. I couldn't believe they went ahead with it even just for the safety of the CMs, and you could tell some of the performers were treading very carefully and with less get-up-and-go. But still fabulous! The character lines were super long!! One of my big priorities was Winnie the Pooh and friends, but I couldn't convince myself to wait for any of the others.

I just found your TR, I thought you were just doing the Dining one, which I am also enjoying.

I love all your character meets and the MNSSHP how fun, I agree totally about the parade being worth the price of admission, I loved it! What a great costume as the Blue Fairy, it looks like you had a blast. Makes me sad it is over for us already! So nice to relive through the TR's.

Tracy, you HAVE to do this party one day! It could be a perfect "I'm finished grad school" present for you. You would absolutely adore every minute!
You know what's really funny?! I have been telling myself this very thing for the last 6 months! Consider it in the works... for Fall 2019 :laughing:

You were smart to do the earlier parade!! The later one was quite...soggy. I couldn't believe they went ahead with it even just for the safety of the CMs, and you could tell some of the performers were treading very carefully and with less get-up-and-go. But still fabulous! The character lines were super long!! One of my big priorities was Winnie the Pooh and friends, but I couldn't convince myself to wait for any of the others.
Oh, I would have loved to do the Winnie the Pooh and friends M&G! I thought I had a chance at it but they had closed the line just before I arrived. Next time for sure!

I just found your TR, I thought you were just doing the Dining one, which I am also enjoying.

I love all your character meets and the MNSSHP how fun, I agree totally about the parade being worth the price of admission, I loved it! What a great costume as the Blue Fairy, it looks like you had a blast. Makes me sad it is over for us already! So nice to relive through the TR's.
I miss Disney so much I just had to write about everything.....lol! You and Andi are so lucky to be going back so soon!

I just realized you were writing a TR too I need to get caught up!
Welcome! Glad you popped by! :)

You know what's really funny?! I have been telling myself this very thing for the last 6 months! Consider it in the works... for Fall 2019 :laughing:
Perfect!!

My plans for Saturday had been a morning at Disney Springs and lunch at the Boathouse but I wasn't feeling it. I had popped by Disney Springs Thursday evening and to be honest, I am not in love with the new set up. I prefer the old, more intimate "Disneyish" feel of Downtown Disney. Now it just feels like any outdoor mall anywhere. Who knows, maybe it will grow on me as I visit it again. But for today, I decided to head to Epcot instead. I arrived just after park opening and was able to walk right on to Soarin' in theatre B with a perfect front row middle seat! Of course, this was awesome.....I just love Soarin'! After Soarin' I headed over to Sunshine Seasons for a snack and made my way over to the Seas pavilion for Turtle Talk with Crush. I hadn't seen this show in years and it was hilarious! I walked over to see the manatees after this as our family has always had a special bond with Lou. My oldest son fell in love with manatees when he was a little boy and we have always made a point of visiting them.
IMG_1050.JPG
IMG_1052.JPG
After spending a little time just sitting and enjoying the peacefulness of watching the fish, turtles and sharks swim by I decided to head over to the Pixar short film festival. I enjoyed this so much and it was a nice break out of what was shaping up to be a very hot morning. I enjoyed the beautiful scenery as I strolled over to World Showcase.
IMG_1056.JPG
IMG_1057.JPG
I made my over to France for another first for me "Impressions de France". I really enjoyed this as well. After the show I stopped by Les Halles for some lunch and Les Artisans de Glacee for ice cream. I was lucky enough to catch a showing Le Server de Amusant as I was finishing up and it was excellent.
IMG_1060.JPG
After the show I enjoyed one last stroll through World Showcase and said goodbye to my beloved Epcot until next time.
IMG_1061.JPG

Loving all your parade pics from the halloween party. It doesn't look like it was too crowded down where you were, was it? We definitely want to see the Christmas parade, but neither Casey nor I usually have the patience to sit and wait for it. I was hoping you'd found some magic sport that we could just waltz up to :-)

Sounds like you had a the perfect impromptu trip to Epcot. I think Disney days with no plans that just take you where your whim wants are always some of my favorites. Thats the thing I dislike the most about fast passes. I enjoy having them, just not the fact that I feel beholden to them.

I actually really enjoyed the Pixar films this trip - not that I didn't like them before but the two new ones were very cute .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter