Giraffes, zebras and flamingos......oh my! Completed 10/13.

I had popped by Disney Springs Thursday evening and to be honest, I am not in love with the new set up. I prefer the old, more intimate "Disneyish" feel of Downtown Disney. Now it just feels like any outdoor mall anywhere.

I have to kind of agree. I don't dislike Disney Springs, but I miss how it used to feel a bit.

After spending a little time just sitting and enjoying the peacefulness of watching the fish, turtles and sharks swim by I decided to head over to the Pixar short film festival. I enjoyed this so much and it was a nice break out of what was shaping up to be a very hot morning.

What a great break from the heat! I still haven't done this, but I meant to use it as an A/C break.

After the show I enjoyed one last stroll through World Showcase and said goodbye to my beloved Epcot until next time.

Always hard to say goodbye to any of Disney, but especially Epcot for some reason...

My plans for Saturday had been a morning at Disney Springs and lunch at the Boathouse but I wasn't feeling it. I had popped by Disney Springs Thursday evening and to be honest, I am not in love with the new set up.

Now it just feels like any outdoor mall anywhere.
I completely agree... though I haven't actually been over to DS to see it for myself. I made tentative plans to go in August, but I wasn't feeling it either and based on other people's TRs, I figured I'd have the exact same reaction as you did.

img_1057-jpg.270099
This is beautiful!!!

Humm been following along with your tr but guess I never chimed in.

@Tracy161 and I had plans to meet up and ride FEA so we met up in World Showcase and headed over to Norway. The ride was a lot of fun and I was very happy to get to experience this again.
Oh how fun.

Great idea you look so cute

Shortly after arriving at the party I had a chance meet up with our own @MeghanEmily and her lovely new husband.
Oh yay @MeghanEmily so glad you guys got to meet.

Sounds like you had a great time at the party. Looking forward to more updates.

There is a whole book on finding Hidden Mickeys. It has sections for each park, resort and Disney Springs. It's such a fun way to spend time!
Yes, I've sent those books to many clients! I look occasionally in the parks but I always forget to look at resorts. And as often as I give the books to people I never get one for myself lol. I should!

had popped by Disney Springs Thursday evening and to be honest, I am not in love with the new set up.
I feel the same. I still love the old part over by World of Disney but the new part does look EXACTLY like a new mall that's popping up all over the place. I do like all the new food options but that's about it.

I decided to head over to the Pixar short film festival. I enjoyed this so much and it was a nice break out of what was shaping up to be a very hot morning.
I think this is a great attraction! I'm also glad they finally changed two of the films. Steve and I saw it shortly after it first opened, and then on our next two trips all 3 films were the same. Last month we noticed two had changed so we watched again, and the boys saw for the first time.

I was lucky enough to catch a showing Le Server de Amusant as I was finishing up and it was excellent.
My favorite WS performer :goodvibes

I think Disney days with no plans that just take you where your whim wants are always some of my favorites. Thats the thing I dislike the most about fast passes. I enjoy having them, just not the fact that I feel beholden to them.
Amen sista :worship:

What a great break from the heat! I still haven't done this, but I meant to use it as an A/C break.
IT is so cute! I especially loved "Piper".

This is beautiful!!!
I love all the landscaping, they do such a great job!

Great idea you look so cute
Thanks! It was so fun!

Oh yay @MeghanEmily so glad you guys got to meet. It was great to meet her and Nathan!

Sounds like you had a great time at the party. Looking forward to more updates.
Thanks for joining in!

es, I've sent those books to many clients! I look occasionally in the parks but I always forget to look at resorts. And as often as I give the books to people I never get one for myself lol. I should!
It's a great thing to do if you're going resort hopping. I want to plan a trip one day just to resort hop and see all the different shows.

think this is a great attraction! I'm also glad they finally changed two of the films. Steve and I saw it shortly after it first opened, and then on our next two trips all 3 films were the same. Last month we noticed two had changed so we watched again, and the boys saw for the first time.
I loved it too and think my boys and DH would too. :)

My favorite WS performer :goodvibes
He was great!

I enjoyed some time relaxing pool side at AKL before getting ready to head out for a fun Magic Kingdom afternoon! I had my FPs planned here for BTMR, SDMT and HM. I also had a Dismeet planned with @disneyAndi14! I started out my afternoon on SDMT and then headed over to take in the Country Bear Jamboree. This is such a fun and nostalgic show!
IMG_1062.JPG
I headed over to BTMR next and enjoyed riding through the Wild West before heading over for to meet Caroline and Andi! It was so nice to have some time to chat about our trip. I had a HM FP to go to and they had just arrived so they were heading back to the Poly to get settled in. As I was getting off HM the heavens opened and a major thunderstorm rolled in......poncho to the rescue!
IMG_1066.JPG
Once I was protected from the rain I made my way towards People Mover to see if it was still open. I ended up riding it with my umbrella up for part of the ride as the rain was just teeming down. My plans for the evening had been to head to the Poly for dinner at Kona Island Sushi bar followed by dessert and drinks at Tambu. However, as I was getting off People Mover I stepped into a puddle well over my ankles and my shoes were drenched. I knew my other plans for watching HEA from the beach at the Poly with the Canadian Disney Addicts would not happen in the weather so I hopped a bus back to AKL. I was rewarded for coming back to AKL by so many animals out and active in the rain.
IMG_1070.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_1073.JPG
I headed down to the Mara to grab some dinner and changed into PJs and watched Stacy while eating dinner in bed. Another great Disney day!

Sounds like you really made the best of a soggy afternoon! I will take a rainy day at Disney any time over a dry day at home. I am with you, though, once my feet are soaked, I am pretty miserable. Sounds like you made the right call to go enjoy your resort in your jammies!

I enjoyed some time relaxing pool side at AKL
That sounds lovely! I think I've allowed myself pool time on exactly 2 of my adult trips :sad2: I don't know where the time goes at Disney, but it goes by in about a quarter time compared to the real world :headache:

I also had a Dismeet planned with @disneyAndi14!
Yay!!! I've been enjoying her TR, too :thumbsup2

as I was getting off People Mover I stepped into a puddle well over my ankles and my shoes were drenched. I knew my other plans for watching HEA from the beach at the Poly with the Canadian Disney Addicts would not happen in the weather
Oh, no! :sad2: What a bummer.

I was rewarded for coming back to AKL by so many animals out and active in the rain.
That helped ease the blow of your foiled plans, no doubt ::yes::

I headed down to the Mara to grab some dinner and changed into PJs and watched Stacy while eating dinner in bed. Another great Disney day!
That doesn't sound like a bad way to end the night! :thumbsup2

Who knew rain meant more animal action? Glad to see you could make the most of it.

Yuck, soaked feet :( I don't mind wet clothes so much as they'll usually dry pretty quickly, but wet shoes= way too uncomfortable. Having a great resort to go back to when rain dampens your park plans certainly makes it a bit better though! Glad you still had a nice evening :)

I don't know where the time goes at Disney, but it goes by in about a quarter time compared to the real world :headache:
Totally agree! Disney time always goes by way too fast!

Who knew rain meant more animal action? Glad to see you could make the most of it.
That was a real bonus! There were so many animals out and active!

Love both of these! We took Nathan to his first country bears jamboree this last trip :)
Country Bears is a must do for us. So fun!

Sounds like a wonderful trip so far!!
Thanks for joining in! It was a great trip!

Yuck, soaked feet :( I don't mind wet clothes so much as they'll usually dry pretty quickly, but wet shoes= way too uncomfortable. Having a great resort to go back to when rain dampens your park plans certainly makes it a bit better though! Glad you still had a nice evening :)
It was great to be at AKL in the rain as the resort still had so much to offer. I really fell in love with it there and can't wait to stay again.

Sounds like you really made the best of a soggy afternoon! I will take a rainy day at Disney any time over a dry day at home. I am with you, though, once my feet are soaked, I am pretty miserable. Sounds like you made the right call to go enjoy your resort in your jammies!
Yes, I am definitely in the "Disney days are awesome no matter what" camp. :) I know you love AKL too......I simply adored coming back here each day. It was so nice to cozy up and just enjoy my room on a rainy night.

I woke up Sunday morning knowing it was my last park day......where did the time go???? To add insult to injury, as I was walking out the door to head to the Mara for coffee, this bad thing was hanging on my door! :(
IMG_1079.JPG
Wah!! My eviction notice or as I like to call it, an invitation to ride the "Tragical Depress". The only way to feel a bit cheerier was to grab a yummy cheese danish for breakfast instead of my usual protein bar. Once fortified with coffee I headed off to the bus stop to wait for the MK bus. I had amazing luck with the buses and rarely waited more than 5-10 minutes. Upon arriving at MK I spent some time enjoying the beautiful fall decor.
IMG_1090.JPG
IMG_1091.JPG
I was ridiculously excited to see my favourite chipmunks doing a Meet and Greet and quickly lined up to see them. So fun!
IMG_1200.JPG
I also enjoyed some time taking in the Main Street Trolley Show. I adore this as well and ALWAYS tear up watching it.....lol!
IMG_1093.JPG
I took my time strolling through Main Street and headed towards Haunted Mansion. Then it was time for IASW and a little Hidden Mickey hunting. I ran into @MeghanEmily and Nathan over by the Liberty Belle and it was nice to have a chance to say hello to them again.
Here are some fun Hidden Mickeys I found.........
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1104.JPG
I headed over to People Mover for my last ride of the trip. As I was walking through Tomorrowland I noticed an awesome Mickey one of the CMs had designed out of leaves. So creative! Sometimes it's just these little touches that make Disney so special. :)
IMG_1108.JPG
Soon it was time to head out and say goodbye to my beloved Magic Kingdom until the next time. On my way out I stopped in at Uptown Jewelers and treated myself to my favourite ever souvenir! The new Madame Leota crossbody from Dooney and Bourke......oh my goodness, I am so in love with it!
IMG_1182.JPG

Last edited:
To add insult to injury, as I was walking out the door to head to the Mara for coffee, this bad thing was hanging on my door! :(

:sad::sad: I always hate seeing this envelope!!

"Tragical Depress".

That's what I call it too, lol!

So, so, so cute!! I love Chip and Dale!!

Ahh!! how fun is this??

The new Madame Leota crossbody from Dooney and Bourke......oh my goodness, I am so in love with it!
img_1182-jpg.273586

this is one of my favorite newer prints!! The green just adds a little zing that I really like. I have the Best of Mickey wallet but I can never commit to a bag! I just can't decide!

Love your hidden Mickey's, I love looking for these! The Madame Leota purse is so cool, I love the color! The last full day does come fast.

To add insult to injury, as I was walking out the door to head to the Mara for coffee, this bad thing was hanging on my door! :(
I. Hate. That. Envelope. :sad2:

Upon arriving at MK I spent some time enjoying the beautiful fall decor.
MK really has the best decorations :cloud9:

I ran into @MeghanEmily and Nathan over by the Liberty Belle
Yay!!!

So pretty. And things like this are what sets Disney apart from the rest. ::yes::

The new Madame Leota crossbody from Dooney and Bourke
This is beautiful!!! :thumbsup2

So, so, so cute!! I love Chip and Dale!!
They are my favourite. I have the best memories of my twin boys meeting them for the first time when they were six years old and I have had a soft spot for them ever since.

this is one of my favorite newer prints!! The green just adds a little zing that I really like. I have the Best of Mickey wallet but I can never commit to a bag! I just can't decide!
I know.....I never imagined I would own one of the bags then my DH bought me the brown leather sketch cross body for a trip planning present in 2015. Now I have the Sketch backpack, the HM satchel, the Princess Keys tote, the white sketch wristlet, the green and white Tink 2014 marathon CB and wristlet, the IASW pouchettte and now the Madame Leota CB. It's a fun obsession!!

Love the Dooney Cross Body
Thanks so much!

Love your hidden Mickey's, I love looking for these! The Madame Leota purse is so cool, I love the color! The last full day does come fast.
Hidden Mickey Hunting is so fun! And it is a great way to pass time and meet people on a solo trip. :)

So pretty. And things like this are what sets Disney apart from the rest. ::yes::
I agree!

This is beautiful!!! :thumbsup2
Thanks! I just love it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts