Giraffes, zebras and flamingos......oh my! Completed 10/13.

Looks like a great day in MK. Loving all the hidden mickeys you found!!! I'm usually too oblivious to notice any of them. I hadn't seen the crossbody purse they have. That is awesome! I"m a tiny purse kinda girl so I'll have to check it out when we are there

img_1079-jpg.273556

Wah!! My eviction notice or as I like to call it, an invitation to ride the "Tragical Depress"

So sad!! I've always heard "Tragical Express," but I like your name even better! It's so hard to leave...

I had amazing luck with the buses and rarely waited more than 5-10 minutes.

I had the same experience at AKL! So I'm always surprised to hear when people often seem to have bad bus experiences there.

Fabulous! All three of you look to be in fine form this morning!

I ran into @MeghanEmily and Nathan over by the Liberty Belle and it was nice to have a chance to say hello to them again.

It was so nice to catch you again before you left! Now Nathan wants to get a book for our next trip to do some hidden Mickey hunting after you mentioned yours. :) (He's torn though because he thinks it'll also take some of the secrecy/challenge out of it though! He cracks me up.)

As I was walking through Tomorrowland I noticed an awesome Mickey one of the CMs had designed out of leaves. So creative! Sometimes it's just these little touches that make Disney so special. :)
img_1108-jpg.273579

No way! CMs are awesome sometimes.

On my way out I stopped in at Uptown Jewelers and treated myself to my favourite ever souvenir! The new Madame Leota crossbody from Dooney and Bourke......oh my goodness, I am so in love with it!
img_1182-jpg.273586

Wow! It's beautiful! I'm sure even more so in person. The Dooney addiction is real. I have three now, after saying I'd only ever want one. And somehow I expect there will be another in my future eventually...

I arrived back at AKL after my awesome morning at Magic Kingdom and I was ready to enjoy some time at the resort. I popped by the Zawadi marketplace to pick up my purchases form Disney Springs on Thursday evening. I was happy to unpack my new treasures; a Haunted Mansion wallpaper mug, an Animal Kingdom Lodge pin and a beautiful Minnie and Mickey safety chain for my Pandora bracelet.
IMG_0971.JPG
I popped by the Mara to grab some fruit and a vitamin water and headed down to the pool to enjoy some time relaxing and taking in the gorgeous surroundings! Soon it was time to head off for my very last Disney Park; a lovely evening at Animal Kingdom. Upon arriving at the park I had a date with Kilajarmo Safari. I love this ride and enjoyed seeing many animals out and active.
IMG_1139.JPG
IMG_1141.JPG
IMG_1142.JPG
After enjoying the Safari I headed over to Pandora for my second Flights of Passage experience. This was as amazing as the first time and I was able to take in a little more of the detail as I was not so totally overcome the second time around. I also enjoyed a little nighttime beauty through the land of Pandora.
IMG_1149.JPG
Soon it was time to make my way over for my first ever showing of Rivers of Light. I really loved the show and the message of respecting and honouring our world. It is a perfect fit for Animal Kingdom.
IMG_1151.JPG
IMG_1155.JPG
IMG_1161.JPG
After the show I was lucky enough to walk straight on to Expedition Everest. It is the most fun ever at night! I also got to see my name up on one of the posters, which I think is a fun touch. :)
IMG_1163.JPG
On the way out of the park I watched Burkida which was an awesome show and took in the Tree of Life Awakenings. I love Animal Kingdom at night, there is a whole other element to it that is completely different than the park during the day. On the way back to the Lodge, I had the best Disney bus driver ever. He sang happy birthday to guests, wished people happy anniversary, saluted serving and retired military and shared Disney trivia. I made sure to stop and thank him for topping off an already incredible last Disney night. I also filled out a CM appreciation card for him the next day as he was amazing. When I got back to the resort I just sat and enjoyed the fire, taking in the wonderful atmosphere of the Lodge on my last night.
IMG_1168.JPG

I was happy to unpack my new treasures; a Haunted Mansion wallpaper mug, an Animal Kingdom Lodge pin and a beautiful Minnie and Mickey safety chain for my Pandora bracelet.
img_0971-jpg.275189

Oooh, I love your new goodies! Especially this neat HM mug!

Soon it was time to make my way over for my first ever showing of Rivers of Light. I really loved the show and the message of respecting and honouring our world. It is a perfect fit for Animal Kingdom.

I agree that the message was lovely and the visuals were really stunning!

When I got back to the resort I just sat and enjoyed the fire, taking in the wonderful atmosphere of the Lodge on my last night.

What a wonderful way to end an excellent Disney day!

I arrived back at AKL after my awesome morning at Magic Kingdom and I was ready to enjoy some time at the resort. I popped by the Zawadi marketplace to pick up my purchases form Disney Springs on Thursday evening. I was happy to unpack my new treasures; a Haunted Mansion wallpaper mug, an Animal Kingdom Lodge pin and a beautiful Minnie and Mickey safety chain for my Pandora bracelet.
img_0971-jpg.275189
Love, love, love your mug. I MUST get this on our trip!

Oh my goodness I had this happen to me a few trips back and I totally just thought it was a static poster and someone my name meant something in the Himalayans. Dying laughing that I had no clue.

What a great way to end the night!

Looks like a great day in MK. Loving all the hidden mickeys you found!!! I'm usually too oblivious to notice any of them. I hadn't seen the crossbody purse they have. That is awesome! I"m a tiny purse kinda girl so I'll have to check it out when we are there
It is a great purse but definitely not tiny. I can fit a makeup bag, full sized wallet, small umbrella, sunglasses, cell phone and keys in that baby with room to spare. I think they have a pouchette in this print too that is smaller. I just love the print!

So sad!! I've always heard "Tragical Express," but I like your name even better! It's so hard to leave...
Leaving Disney is always tragic........ :(

Fabulous! All three of you look to be in fine form this morning!
Thanks! It was so fun!

Wow! It's beautiful! I'm sure even more so in person. The Dooney addiction is real. I have three now, after saying I'd only ever want one. And somehow I expect there will be another in my future eventually...
Meghan, you are so right! I never thought I'd own one and now I have 10!!!! And I want more...........help!

Oooh, I love your new goodies! Especially this neat HM mug!
Thanks, I love this mug SO much!

What a wonderful way to end an excellent Disney day!
It really was perfect! One of the many things I loved about AKL. :)

Love, love, love your mug. I MUST get this on our trip!
I found it at the World of Disney store in Disney Springs and HAD to have it.

What a great way to end the night!
It was perfect, I really fell in love with AKL.

I also enjoyed some time taking in the Main Street Trolley Show. I adore this as well and ALWAYS tear up watching it.....lol!
Same here! Something about the song gets to me, even more than seeing the castle each trip :goodvibes

As I was walking through Tomorrowland I noticed an awesome Mickey one of the CMs had designed out of leaves. So creative! Sometimes it's just these little touches that make Disney so special. :)
That's great and you're right, it IS the little touches that make it special.

After the show I was lucky enough to walk straight on to Expedition Everest. It is the most fun ever at night! I also got to see my name up on one of the posters, which I think is a fun touch. :)
I agree it's so much better at night. And I've lucked out and seen my name on the posters about 5 times! Still waiting to see our names on HM and IASW though.............

I love Animal Kingdom at night, there is a whole other element to it that is completely different than the park during the day.
::yes::

Oh my goodness I had this happen to me a few trips back and I totally just thought it was a static poster and someone my name meant something in the Himalayans. Dying laughing that I had no clue.
I really wish we lived closer, because I'd make sure to see you as often as possible so I could do this :rotfl2: and this :sad2:

a Haunted Mansion wallpaper mug
This is AMAZING. I need on pronto! :thumbsup2

This was as amazing as the first time and I was able to take in a little more of the detail as I was not so totally overcome the second time around.
Yes! I had the same thought on my second experience on FoP, too. It was so overwhelming (in a good way) on my first time, that it was nice to see some more of the incredible details.

I also enjoyed a little nighttime beauty through the land of Pandora.
Every detail is amazing, isn't it?! :cloud9:

I also got to see my name up on one of the posters, which I think is a fun touch. :)
It is!

On the way back to the Lodge, I had the best Disney bus driver ever. He sang happy birthday to guests, wished people happy anniversary, saluted serving and retired military and shared Disney trivia.
CMs like him are what make Disney... Disney. :lovestruc

I also filled out a CM appreciation card for him the next day as he was amazing.
Good for you. I love that you did that.

When I got back to the resort I just sat and enjoyed the fire, taking in the wonderful atmosphere of the Lodge on my last night.
What a perfect way to end the evening :cloud9:

Same here! Something about the song gets to me, even more than seeing the castle each trip :goodvibes
I know!! It is just the most perfect "Disneyish" thing for me. I may watch it on Youtube sometimes when I am homesick for Disney.

I agree it's so much better at night. And I've lucked out and seen my name on the posters about 5 times! Still waiting to see our names on HM and IASW though.............
I saw my name on IASW this trip too but did not realize they did it on HM! Such a nice touch!

This is AMAZING. I need on pronto! :thumbsup2
You definitely need one. One the inside it says "Hurry Back", I love it!

Good for you. I love that you did that.
Thanks! I think it's so important to spread the magic. If we all take a moment every day to recognize another person, imagine the difference we could make in the world. :) I filled out four cards that morning; one each for my amazing servers at Jiko and Nomad Lounge, 1 for the fabulous cashier at the Mara who was so pleasant with every guest and one for Steve, the most awesome Disney bus driver.

I must have one of those HM wallpaper mugs. I just love that wallpaper motif.
Sounds like a great last eve at AK.
Awesome bus driver.
I just loved sitting by that fireplace.

I must have one of those HM wallpaper mugs. I just love that wallpaper motif.
Sounds like a great last eve at AK.
Awesome bus driver.
I just loved sitting by that fireplace.
Oh my gosh.......I just love that mug! It is huge! And on the bottom on the inside it says "Hurry back"! Makes me smile every time! Yes, definitely an amazing last night, so many perfect Disney moments. I want to go back NOW! That fireplace is just the best ever. :)

I guess my perfect week had to come to an end. I packed up everything and decided to treat myself to some fabulous Mickey waffles from the Mara. They were so good! By about 10 am I reluctantly checked out. I headed up to the lobby to get some CM compliment cards as I had some amazing CMs I wanted to recognize. I always believe we have a responsibility to make the magic as much as we receive it. :) Soon it was time to check my luggage with Bell Services and stroll over to Kidani for a fab last day lunch at Sanaa. I enjoyed a little last day Hidden Mickey hunting at Kidani before heading in for lunch. I also had an awesome conversation with two CMs on their international placements.
IMG_1173.JPG
IMG_1172.JPG
After a completely awesome lunch at Sanaa, I headed back to Jambo House to wait for the Tragical Depress. Why oh why does Disney time go by so fast?????? I am so happy to have had a fabulous week in my happy place! Thanks to all for following along, it has been a lot of fun reliving it. If you would like to join in with my dining report, please feel free to pop over to the Disney Dining Reviews board for " https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ture-updated-with-dinner-at-the-mara.3625990/".

I look forward to living vicariously through all of your trip reports! In the meantime, please have a magical day! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 1
I headed up to the lobby to get some CM compliment cards as I had some amazing CMs I wanted to recognize. I always believe we have a responsibility to make the magic as much as we receive it. :)
I love that you did this. Yes, you are absolutely right - we do have a responsibility to make the magic as much as we receive it :goodvibes

Why oh why does Disney time go by so fast??????
I don't know, but it sure does :sad2:

Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous trip with us! It was such an honor to meet you and I so enjoyed our time together. Hoping our paths cross at Disney again soon :hug:

Thanks so much for sharing. Disney time certainly does fly by, but its magical nonetheless

What a great trip you had, it sure seems like the time for the tragical depress to arrive comes so quick! I sure enjoyed meeting you even though it was brief it sure was nice! Maybe our Disney loving paths may cross again:wave:

I packed up everything and decided to treat myself to some fabulous Mickey waffles from the Mara. They were so good!

Mickey waffles make a trip so special! I always look forward to them <3

Why oh why does Disney time go by so fast??????

The age-old question. It's always over before you know it :(

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

Thanks so much for sharing. Disney time certainly does fly by, but its magical nonetheless
Thanks Kari! Soon I'll be able to look forward to reading all about your new adventures!

What a great trip you had, it sure seems like the time for the tragical depress to arrive comes so quick! I sure enjoyed meeting you even though it was brief it sure was nice! Maybe our Disney loving paths may cross again:wave:
I would love it if our paths cross again! You must be so excited about your trip coming up quickly!

Mickey waffles make a trip so special! I always look forward to them <3

The age-old question. It's always over before you know it :(

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!
Thanks Meghan! Hope grad school is treating you well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter