Girl in front of us had a taser!

Alicefan

Give me a cloudy day in Winter!
We were going through security last week and the security guard pulled a young girl aside and were looking closely at her cell phone case. I heard them tell her, "This is a taser and you can't have this in the park, you need to leave it in your car or you can't come in." I didn't know they made tasers out of cell phone cases? I was pretty impressed at how quickly they found it and how matter of fact they were in telling her to get it out of there. Kudos to Universal security!

They actually stopped me last week. I don’t normally take my purse to the parks but we were just going to Citywalk so I had the big old purse with me. I have a very small multi utility tool in my purse for those times when you need a small scissors. They saw it on the scanner and made me take it back to my room. Unfortunately it was a bit of trouble as we were staying at SF and had walked over to RPR for breakfast and were headed to Citywalk from there. Oh well worth the hassle in the grand scheme. I’m glad they’re extra careful.

Last edited:

What an idiot, it's one thing to carry something like that down the street for protection it's another to bring it into a crowded theme park. Good for Universal security.

My husband and I have emergency seatbelt cutters on our keychains in case of a car wreck or some situation we need to get out of a jammed seatbelt in a hurry.
We didn’t even realize it was a “weapon” till security found them and told us we were not allowed to have them in the park.

Kudos to them, but that walk was a pain in the tush LOL.

Pat down?

Peeps are scanned and only have to be checked by staff if scanner notices something

Normal for many places of entertainment

It’s so common now, it’s a part of living in many places

The theme parks, it’s a good thing
Be safe on vacation and enjoy your time away from work and home

Pat down?

Peeps are scanned and only have to be checked by staff if scanner notices something

Normal for many places of entertainment

It’s so common now, it’s a part of living in many places

The theme parks, it’s a good thing
Be safe on vacation and enjoy your time away from work and home
I was being facetious. Sorry but I would much rather we be in a place where all of the security measures were NOT needed any longer. I fully get WHY they do it...just wish they didn't have to. It's sad to me that it's gotten to this point.

I've seen tasers disguised as cellphones, so one that looks like a cellphone case wouldn't surprise me.

I agree 1000%, it was a more innocent and care free time for sure. I miss the 80's for a lot of reasons. I can remember going to Peter Pan and having no wait. I just checked MYDisney app. and the wait is 110 minutes. absurd.
Yes! Those were the days! 1988... Big Thunder Mountain... we rode it & when it pulled back in at the end the cast member running it said "you want to go again, nobody's waiting"- I will never forget it!

On the walkway from RP to Citywalk, the family in front of us (traveling with everything and the kitchen sink) got stopped because of a kid's small basketball. Just in case anyone was thinking to take one. Probably not inherently dangerous, but I image a kid that age (8ish) could really annoy a bunch of people with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter