Give me your best current Fantasy server, PLEASE

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
So, long story short, the past Two cruises we had mediocre (at best) servers. The dining portion and the connection with our servers is one of our favorite parts of the cruise and we don’t want to leave it to chance this time. I am going to request a server for our April 21st Fantasy Cruise and I’m looking for your help please!
Obviously we would like to have attentive servers. But more so, we are looking to feel welcomed by them (friendly, greets with a smile, etc..) and for them to make dinner more of a fun, entertaining experience . We enjoy the riddles, magic tricks, jokes, etc... our kids are a bit older but our family is young at heart. Any suggestion is welcomed!

Ask for I Nyoman (spelling might be a bit off) and Artur (that's what he went by, I believe his last name was Gerardo) they were awesome, had them last week.

We have had Rocque from India twice. Fantastic both times, and we saw him again a month ago. He remembered us and asked about my father. The only reason we didn't get him this time was because he wasn't on Krasimir, our favorite head server's, team. We had Luan this last time and he was fantastic too.

Cornwall from St. Vincent and Simoun from Phillipines! Weve done 4 cruises and they were the best weve ever had! Simoun has tons of magic tricks and is great with kids.

Also agree w/above for Luan, he was our fave head server, and not just on tip night!

We have had Rocque from India twice. Fantastic both times, and we saw him again a month ago. He remembered us and asked about my father. The only reason we didn't get him this time was because he wasn't on Krasimir, our favorite head server's, team. We had Luan this last time and he was fantastic too.
We loved Krasimir as we did our entire dining team! I believe it was partly your advice (from a prior thread) to request Ashang and we certainly are happy we did!

So, long story short, the past Two cruises we had mediocre (at best) servers. The dining portion and the connection with our servers is one of our favorite parts of the cruise and we don’t want to leave it to chance this time. I am going to request a server for our April 21st Fantasy Cruise and I’m looking for your help please!
Obviously we would like to have attentive servers. But more so, we are looking to feel welcomed by them (friendly, greets with a smile, etc..) and for them to make dinner more of a fun, entertaining experience . We enjoy the riddles, magic tricks, jokes, etc... our kids are a bit older but our family is young at heart. Any suggestion is welcomed!

We LOVED our dining team! We are all going through serious "withdrawal" from the amazing treatment we received on our recent Fantasy cruise! I would highly recommend any/all of the following:
Head Server: Krasimir Georgiev from Bulgaria
Server: Ningreishang Kangoo (Ashang) from India - my kids are still repeating his little words and phrases- we miss him!!
Assistant Server: Marija Milenkovic from Serbia-Marija was getting ready to head home for 6 weeks when we cruised with her (we were on the Feb 24th Fantasy sailing and she was leaving after one more 7-day sailing-she was SO excited)

Good luck with your request! We feel so fortunate to have met these amazing people. They really made for some really special vacation moments. :goodvibes

Just as a note... Teams do change. It's best to request ONE if you're going to request. If you request a team and they are no longer together, the assigner won't know who you wanted and/or why and may well give you "none of the above".

FYI - there are several existing threads asking this very same question, with a lot of replies. You might get an even better list if you search for those threads.

FYI - there are several existing threads asking this very same question, with a lot of replies. You might get an even better list if you search for those threads.

Thanks, I did try to search but didn’t find anything since early December. I know the servers can change ships and go on break fairly regularly so I wanted to make sure I had the most current info. Maybe I didn’t search correctly and there’s more current threads than December, I will look again.

Cornwall from St. Vincent and Simoun from Phillipines! Weve done 4 cruises and they were the best weve ever had! Simoun has tons of magic tricks and is great with kids.

Also agree w/above for Luan, he was our fave head server, and not just on tip night!
Is Luan now a server or the head server that doesn’t really do much? We sailed in 2014 and he was the assistant server and was phenomenal. I was going to ask for him again this year

Is Luan now a server or the head server that doesn’t really do much? We sailed in 2014 and he was the assistant server and was phenomenal. I was going to ask for him again this year

The head server does a heck of a lot more than you realize. Just because they are not at the table all the time does not mean they are not doing anything. They are checking the allergy orders, they are making sure the serving teams are working smoothly and stepping in to counsel them if necessary. If your dinner goes smoothly and you don’t have to ask to see the head server for assistance? He/She has done the job correctly.

The head server does a heck of a lot more than you realize. Just because they are not at the table all the time does not mean they are not doing anything. They are checking the allergy orders, they are making sure the serving teams are working smoothly and stepping in to counsel them if necessary. If your dinner goes smoothly and you don’t have to ask to see the head server for assistance? He/She has done the job correctly.
Fair enough! I was just hoping to have him as our server;)

Thanks, I did try to search but didn’t find anything since early December. I know the servers can change ships and go on break fairly regularly so I wanted to make sure I had the most current info. Maybe I didn’t search correctly and there’s more current threads than December, I will look again.

No worries. I just wanted to give you a bigger list of names. I could be wrong on this, but my impression is that the servers on the Fantasy don’t tend to move very often.

Our preferred server on the Fantasy mentioned that you really have to work hard to rise to a lead serving spot on that ship, so people don’t often walk away after putting so much time and effort into getting there.

Yes, Luan is a head server over a large area of the dining room now.

Yes, Luan is a head server over a large area of the dining room now.

He stands in as a Head Server when somebody is on vacation. He is not a permanent head server. He was our main server a month ago, working on Krasimir's team.

No worries. I just wanted to give you a bigger list of names. I could be wrong on this, but my impression is that the servers on the Fantasy don’t tend to move very often.

Our preferred server on the Fantasy mentioned that you really have to work hard to rise to a lead serving spot on that ship, so people don’t often walk away after putting so much time and effort into getting there.

Good to know! Maybe I will check out some of those older posts. I just would hate to request someone and get stuck with a not so good server because my requested person was not there. I appreciate your help!

Good to know! Maybe I will check out some of those older posts. I just would hate to request someone and get stuck with a not so good server because my requested person was not there. I appreciate your help!

The bottom line is, there is never a guarantee that requests will be granted. And there could be any number of reasons why. Crew members have vacation. Crew members could get injured or ill and be unable to work for a day or two - and if this falls at the beginning of a cruise, they would likely go to the "reserve pool" for the week once they were cleared to work, filling in for anyone else who was removed from duty.

If you have an issue with your assigned server, speak with them and/or the head server about what the problem is. They can't make any attempt to correct things they do not know about.

The bottom line is, there is never a guarantee that requests will be granted. And there could be any number of reasons why. Crew members have vacation. Crew members could get injured or ill and be unable to work for a day or two

This actually happened to Luan a while back. He came down with whatever flu-like thing was going around earlier in the year. He said he was out of work for five days (didn't even want to leave his room because he was so sick) and was weak when he got back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter