Give me your favorite alcoholic drinks in the World

snbird2064

Earning My Ears
Long story short I've recently left a religion where drinking booze was a no no, so this January I'll be experiencing my first trip to the World without that restriction. There's so much to choose from I'm a bit overwhelmed. Please friends, tell me, what MUST I try?! Give me all your faves.

Long story short I've recently left a religion where drinking booze was a no no, so this January I'll be experiencing my first trip to the World without that restriction. There's so much to choose from I'm a bit overwhelmed. Please friends, tell me, what MUST I try?! Give me all your faves.

Just remember, liquor to beer you're in the clear. Beer to liquor, you've never been sicker.

In all seriousness, no trip to Epcot is complete without margaritas in Mexico.

Just discovered on our last trip... Dole Whip with RUM! At Tamu Tamu in Africa section of Animal Kingdom. They had both dark rum or coconut rum - we tried the latter and LOVED it. I don't know if I can have a dole whip without rum anymore (well, maybe I can - yum!)

At WS there's a kiosk in the France pavilion that sells a Gran Marnier slushie. As long as you don't object to having a frozen cocktail in January, it's a must. :)

This. Absolutely. And the margaritas too. I’m usually not a fan of foo-foo slushy drinks (I typically have margaritas on the rocks and don’t do pina coladas or daiquiris) but these are good. Especially on a warm day.

In addition to the Grand Marnier slush in Epcot and the Dole Whip with rum, I'll also add a sake shot from the little counter at the back of Mitsukoshi and the Mango Gingerita in the China pavilion.

This. Absolutely. And the margaritas too. I’m usually not a fan of foo-foo slushy drinks (I typically have margaritas on the rocks and don’t do pina coladas or daiquiris) but these are good. Especially on a warm day.

Hey--and I'm a guy who doesn't care for sweet drinks but the Gran Marnier Slush is just too good to pass on. Anecdote: At F&W I was with DW enjoying our slushies at a table just down the road from the kiosk in France when I guy strolled up to us and asked where to get that drink. I pointed him in the right direction and said to him "It's the Gran Marnier Slushie." He fired back: "Ya gol darned right it is!" Only those weren't his exact words. :laughing:

Epcot
Gran Marnier slushy (France)
Blood Orange Margarita (La Cava/Mexico)

Hollywood Studios
Spiked White Sangria or Jai Alai IPA (Brown Derby Lounge)

Animal Kingdom
Everything I've ever had from the Nomad Lounge :drinking1

Agree about Nomad Lounge! They have GREAT cocktails.

Other favorites, just about any tropical drink at Trader Sam's (Polynesian). Also the Lapu Lapu from the Tambu Lounge at Polynesian...served in a carved-out whole pineapple; very retro-Tiki. The bartenders at Tambu are the BEST.

My current favorite WDW cocktail is the smoked Manhattan at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs. Also in Disney Springs, Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar has good tropical drinks (a favorite is the Cool-Headed Monkey).

At the Dolphin Hotel, Todd English's bluezoo lounge has some of the best craft cocktails in the area.

Congrats!!! My 2016 trip was my first after doing the same, and I think I drank ALL THE THINGS. I actually preferred the lemon slushy from the same stand as the grand marnier PPs have mentioned. The Welsh dragon from Rose and Crown was awesome, as was the Lapu Lapu at the Poly. If you’re going to DS, I liked the Reggie’s Revenge at Jock Lindsey’s. I also had something amazing from a stand at AK near Everest, the Snow Leopard maybe? My very favorite drink was a frozen pumpkin chai with caramel vodka... but it was at a F&W kiosk. You’ll have so much fun and I’m excited for you! :jumping1:

The cocktails on tap at Polite Pig in Disney Springs. We were unsure at first about how good an Old Fashioned could be on tap but at Polite Pig they are phenomenal. Make sure to sit at the bar and chat up the bartenders. They really take pride in making the cocktail kegs and have never failed me on a recommendation!

I agree with the Grand Marnier slush, dole whip with rum, Lapu Lapu and a margaritas from La Cava. (I like the Maelstrom margaritas) Also in Epcot the Tipsy Ducks in Love from China and the Cider and Fireball at Rose and Crown. Bongos in DS has great mojitos and the bloody Mary's at Dawa in AK are good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter