Given DAS outside of MK

Tondee

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to obtain a DAS outside of MK last week. I cannot guarantee that you will be able to obtain a DAS at the same location but wanted to share how we did it.

After lurking on these boards, I came across a thread saying that someone had obtained DAS before park entry and thought I would give it a try. After checking in, we hopped a boat to MK. I knew that if GS was crowded we may be out of luck. There wasn't a line when we arrived (about noon). I believe the key factors are no lines at GS and middle of the day.

I had been very worried about speaking to someone about DAS when there was a long wait behind me. I am so thankful that I did not feel pressured to speak quickly.

Thanks to all that ask the questions I don't and to all that answer those questions!

Yep I have been able to get people added to my DAS from the out side GR window early afternoon I too think the key is when there is not a long line they are more likely to help you

Thanks for your update.
People have gotten DAS there, but we just want people to be aware it’s a possibility they may not be able to get it there. That’s especially important to know if going there would be a special trip.

While they've had a Guest Services window active at the TTC, we've been able to get our son's DAS reactivated at one of those windows as well.

Thanks for your update.
People have gotten DAS there, but we just want people to be aware it’s a possibility they may not be able to get it there. That’s especially important to know if going there would be a special trip.

Disney publishes the DAS as something that can be done at ANY guest services "Main Entrance location."That means the ones outside the parks. That is where we have ALWAYS gotten the DAS/GAC.

Disneyland is where you can't get it until you are inside the park.

Disney publishes the DAS as something that can be done at ANY guest services "Main Entrance location."That means the ones outside the parks. That is where we have ALWAYS gotten the DAS/GAC.

Disneyland is where you can't get it until you are inside the park.

They do say “Main Entrance” but they further specify the exact locations, which are inside:

Where to go
Stop by a Guest Relations Main Entrance location to discuss your specific needs.
Guest Relations Main Entrance locations: • City Hall at Magic Kingdom® park
• The Guest Relations lobby (near the Main Entrance) at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® theme park
• The Guest Relations lobby (near the turnstiles) at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
• The Guest Relations lobby (near Spaceship Earth) at Epcot®

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/.../wdw-disability-access-service_2015-04-30.pdf

As has been mentioned, they will issue DAS outside the park if they are able. No guarantee. I’m glad you have been successful with it.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!