Glass baby food jars on planes

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
Has anyone with infants taken baby food in glass jars on their plane trip lately? Are things like that OK to have in your carry-on bags?

I never saw any restrictions listing them, but in a way it makes sense that they would be restricted. I don't know that I'd want to bring glass anyway. You can get lots of different kinds of food in plastic tubs now (applesauce, etc.) You could buy your glass jars of food once you get down there.

I hope it's not a problem because I'm planning on bringing one or two jars myself. One thing I'm not bringing, that I usually carry, is my ziploc bag with cornstarch (I used it on my son when I change his diaper). The way things are lately, I'm likely to cause a major incident if I do!

Zephyr

Even if its allowed, they are heavy and what a mess if something breaks. Perhaps one of the new Gerber choices in the plastic containers?

TJ

I know how you feel, I was just packing some of my stuff for the flight, I found myself second guessing everything I put in the bag!!! I have that spray hand sanitizer, I took that out, I thought they might think I could spray it in someones eyes:rolleyes: !!! By the way, I am taking 2 jars of baby food on with us, and then will buy the rest when I get there. I think the only thing that comes in those plastic containers is the fruits???
5 days and counting!!!:pinkbounc

I just flew from Sacramento to Atlanta on 10/7 and returned on 10/14. We flew Delta and bought a seat for my 8 month old. I brought glass jars on each flight and wondered if it would be a problem. Security didn't say anything at either airport.

Not only that but I ordered Delta's baby meal for my son. I had never done it before and was curious what we would get. On the way to Atlanta, we were given 3 glass jars of baby food for lunch and 2 glass jars for breakfast on the way home.

Have a great trip.

Isn't it incredible that we are now second-guessing ourselves about what is appropriate to bring on board an aircraft???

And to think some individual the other day was able to transport in his carry-on 7 knives, a stun gun, and a can of mace???

And George Bush DOES NOT want to federalize the passenger and baggage screening process for airlines???

Talk about sheer stupidity!!! Every country in Europe has governmental officers (law enforcement officers) providing this function, why not the USA???

Today we will wonder about glass baby food jars. Tomorrow we will wonder where our sanity has gone...

:mad:

A tip about carrying glass baby food jars in transit. To prevent that nasty clanking and lower the risk that the jars will break, slip each jar into a child's sock, then put all the jars in a ziploc.
No space wasted on throw-away cushioning, and the sock makes a cool puppet to entertain the baby on the flight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter