Glenn & Emma Disney Dreaming DCL 10yr Vow Renewal 28th August 2015

Today I have booked bridal dress appointments for Tuesday October 14th. I'm feeling very excited, i've booked appointments with three lovely boutiques and I'm going shopping with my mum and hopefully my bestie if she can get the time off work. I'm also booking afternoon tea for us all as a surprise at midday. The first bridal shop stocks Lou Lou Bridal and I am absolutely in love with their dresses so I hope I can find something I like.

Eek how exciting !
Can't wait to see what you try on :-)

I just love your inspiration board! So first off I love the look of the Minnie mouse inspired dress, but I agree its not bridal enough, and the fact that is a renewal I think a pop of color would be fabulous! I love the picture of the girl twirling white on top with a red petty coat and tea length or ankle length with red heels :thumbsup2 if you want to go more bridal the one with the girl who looks like she is going to fall with the little jacket that is a very pretty style as well! Also congrats on making a bridal appt three shops in one day is going to be so much fun! Can't wait to see what you pick and looking forward to more updates!

Happy Planning
Melissa

Eek how exciting !
Can't wait to see what you try on :-)

Me too Linda! I really hope I find that dress that makes me look and feel amazing!

I just love your inspiration board! So first off I love the look of the Minnie mouse inspired dress, but I agree its not bridal enough, and the fact that is a renewal I think a pop of color would be fabulous! I love the picture of the girl twirling white on top with a red petty coat and tea length or ankle length with red heels :thumbsup2 if you want to go more bridal the one with the girl who looks like she is going to fall with the little jacket that is a very pretty style as well! Also congrats on making a bridal appt three shops in one day is going to be so much fun! Can't wait to see what you pick and looking forward to more updates!

Happy Planning
Melissa

Thanks for all the feedback Melissa. I am fairly certain that I am set on the ballerina length dresses and like you I love the one with the bride that looks like she's falling. I love the little jacket/ bolero she has with her dress. I've seen few lace ones of these too and they're gorgeous!

I still want a pop of red so i will definitely be carrying red flowers and wearing red shoes, possibly even red in my hair.

The first bridal shop I am visiting stocks Lou Lou Bridal and I just love so many of their dresses that I am hopeful my dress will be there!

Thanks again to you both for following along :flower3:

Oh my goodness where to start!

For my very first wedding when I was just a baby at 21 I had a lady make my dress for me so I never got to go around bridal dress shops and try on lots of dresses. I loved my dress but I never had that bridal shop experience. You'd think that I would have learnt from that but when I married Glenn we were on such a tight budget that when my friend offered to make my dress I lept at the chance. So again I didn't go around bridal shops trying on dresses. So I am not making that mistake this time, I will go and try on dresses and I will go with an open mind.

However saying that my dress and what it should look like has pretty much been consuming my every thought since Glenn surprised me with our vow renewal and it has evolved and gone round in circles so many times.

Im going to share my though process with you and I would dearly love any opinions!

To begin with
My first thoughts were that this is a vow renewal so I should wear something understated, I'm not a bride and this isn't my wedding day and to wear a huge princess gown didn't seem right. I'm going to be 40 as well not some young fresh faced twenty something year old (I wish!)

SO initially I thought about wearing a 1950s red polka dot dress like Minnie Mouse and to go with our theme.

185-_MG_4839_zpsbb986ce0.jpg

But the more I thought about it and the more photos I looked at of brides on the Disney Dream and around Disney the more I knew I would some how feel cheated if I wore this dress. I would feel like the bridesmaid and not the bride.

and then
So with all that in mind my 1950s style evolved to a white dress but to keep in with the theme I'll wear red accents - a red petticoat, sash and shoes, maybe even a red flower in my hair. I have fell in love with several styles and my pinterest page is full of images. I love the honey pie boutique - they have a cute dress you can order with a polka dot tulle overlay. I have a fairly large bust so I'm not sure I can go strapless as I'm pretty certain I want to wear a bra and strapless bras and I have never exactly got along well!

dress_zpsea5251ef.jpg

Right Now
I love the look above and I may very well still end up with all those things but I have also started to look at more traditional style bridal dresses and I definitely want to try on some with full tulle skirts - i love the light airy look of tulle. Here are some dresses I've fell in love with.

tulle1_zps3d415f90.jpg

tulle2_zps7d3fafc8.jpg

nora_zps67172d53.jpg

So as you can see I really don't know - my ideas are evolving all the time and until I go to the bridal shops and have a huge trying on session I could end up with any of the above or something completely different! What ever happens Im going with a completely open mind and I really want to fall in love with my dress and wow my husband!

Im not planning to start looking until November - I'm dieting like crazy and swimming every day at the minute. I know once its ordered I can order a size down and I it can be taken in but I know I will lose a lot more weight before the ceremony. I've already lost half of what I want to lose over the last year and I'm not stopping now!

I am in love with the white dress with the red & white polka dot waist!!!

Hi sweetie,
Just checking in - I followed you over from my PJ where you left some lovely comments - thank you.
Must say, your story is lovely, and what a hubby you have!!!! I could never see my DH booking a surprise VR!!!
I am loving the idea of a ballerina length dress accented in red. So pretty.
I secretly harbour dreams of a DCL VR for our 20th in six years time. We took a cruise on the Fantasy in 2013 and adored it.
Will be following avidly along xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter