Go Coco!

Let's face it. The contenders weren't exactly top notch. Wondering how often Disney or Pixar lose this category? I don't bother following award shows, so I have no idea.

I'm super happy for Coco! I had the Oscars on. Not giving them undivided attention but I didn't want to miss the 2 categories. Oscar Isaac gave me a heart attack when he read the animation winner because the first sound out of his mouth was not "Coco" - he said "Viva Latin America!" first. Lin Manuel Miranda did something similar on song but I wasn't as startled by then.

Spoilers for those who still have not seen this wonderful movie:
I'm glad they had Gael Garcia Bernal sing the song, but that's spoilery right there. And did anyone else see - in the clips running while they read the song nominees, they actually showed a shot from the epilogue with Imelda, Hector and Coco holding hands as they start across the bridge with the rest of the familia. I'm sure it meant nothing to people who know nothing about the movie, but I was like, Whoa, guys, spoiler alert!

As much as I loved Coco, I feel like Disney/Pixar has a bit of an iron grip on this category. I feel like a lot of really important and beautiful movies miss out because of their dominance. I mean, of course, Disney/Pixar films are top notch and definitely deserve their nominations, and Coco was one of the their best, but I feel like they win too often. The other two movies that looked really good this year were The Breadwinner and Loving Vincent. I haven't had the chance to see them, but I'll check them out when I have the chance.

And that's another thing; it's hard to see any other animated films made by smaller studios or indie artists, so it's hard to form an opinion on who you think really deserves the win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter