Going to DL for the first time

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Well, I've been to WDW twice and this coming year, my sister and I are going to DL, and are very excited. I just wanted to ask about how busy it is the last week of August. I know I went to WDW last year at that time and it was a little slower than normal, but was wondering if it's the same in California?
I will have tons of questions, as I know nothing about DL. I feel like I am starting new travel plans, and it is so exciting.
We are also debating driving compared to flying, but are kind of nervous about the traffic. Any recommendations?

Thanks, Jo

Hi Jo,
I can't speak for all schools but I do know that my DS's elementary school begins that week and some of the Cal State Universities also begin that week as well. So, that will help for reduced crowds. Also, if you go during the week, it shouldn't be too bad. Weekends may be tough, though. For travel, you can either fly into LAX, Burbank, Long Beach, Ontario, or John Wayne(in Orange County). Driving in and around LA isn't too bad. It's just a bit of traffic depending on the time you drive. Let me know if this helps a bit.

Are we talking about the last FULL week of August, or the week after that which runs into September? We are going the last FULL week of August (22-26th) and was wondering is that's when some schools start back. Thanks :)

My kids start back on August 15th. There are many different districts with different schedules. I don't know about other school districts, but I do know that most of LAUSD (the largest district in LA) doesn't start until after Labor Day.

Thanks! Luckily we are going on weekdays, so that should help a little bit with the crowds even if the most of the schools don't go back until after Labor Day. We have 5 day hoppers so we won't be in a hurry to do everything anyways. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter