Going to DL, Universal & Seaworld - Where to stay in San Diego?

eriklb

Earning My Ears
Going to DL, Universal & then Seaworld & Wild Animal park - Any recommendations on where to stay in San Diego? We have a 2 adults and 3 kids. We have a hotel in Anaheim but nothing booked in San Diego

We are a family of 5 and stay at the Dana at Mission Bay. It's like 1 mile away from SeaWorld. I haven't stayed in their standard rooms (they are older buildings), we always stay in a Bay View room and love it. The Bay View rooms are in some new buildings that were built a few years ago and have a microwave, mini fridge, sink, etc... My wife and I love sitting on the patio at night with our wine watching the boats in Mission Bay and the people out enjoying themselves. I don't know what your budget is, but these run ~$250/night.

My sis has stayed at the Bahia and said that was nice, that is near mission bay. Remember the wild animal park is north from sea world and the climate is much different! Sea world is near the ocean so it is more moist and cooler than where the wild animal park is. usually much drier and warmer. be sure to check out the lion camp and if you can catch the times when they feed the cheetahs, my dd had a project on cheetahs, it was great to watch the feeding time, she still talks about it.

I forgot to mention, I have also stayed at Paradise Point which is right accross the bay from the Dana. It is also a very nice place to stay, but it can get pricey for some of the nicer rooms...it's a good thing my company pays for those trips :thumbsup2

Going to DL, Universal & then Seaworld & Wild Animal park - Any recommendations on where to stay in San Diego? We have a 2 adults and 3 kids. We have a hotel in Anaheim but nothing booked in San Diego
You might get some good info on the Southern California Board Site! I've stayed at the Hilton in Mission Bay and it was alot of fun. They have a nice pool and in the evenings they show movies by it and serve popcorn. There is also fire pits by the water, and we saw some people roasting hotdogs and some-mores there. It looked like alot of fun! If you want a treat go to the Hotel Del Coronado. Looks like the Grand Floridian at WDW. It is truly a site to see, even if you don't stay there. Have fun, and be sure to checkout the other board.:goodvibes

We stayed at the Catamaran on Mission Bay:cool1: Ocean one block out the front door and bay out the back:goodvibes We really enjoyed our room, the great restaurant and the beach:banana: Real easy access to Sea World and downtown San Diego:yay: This June we are staying in Carlsbad at the Carlsbad Seapointe Resort where we have a two bedroom condo:cheer2:

They have those fire pits by the Dana, I am assuming they are a bring your own wood and matches fire pits? Are they open to everyone or are they by reservation? I have one in my backyard and we love cooking smores on it, I think it would be a blast to cook smores one night while we are in San Diego.

We are staying in aneheim too and making an overnight trip to san diego to the zoo and seaworld. I booked the best western in mission bay. Honestly we just needed a place to put our heads for the night. It was only about $100 and saves us from driving back and forth 2days! It does have a pool and breakfast which is what we were looking for!!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter