Going to Sea world & legoland - where to stay

Libby

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I'm completely overwelmed by all the hotels in San Diego. We've been before and stayed at one on hotel circle. From what I've read it seems we might be better to stay near Legoland - we're coming from the Port of LA, spending 2 nights to do Sea World and Legoland, then driving to DLH. Any suggestions/advice is most appreciated.

Sorry - just realized I posted this in wrong forum but don't how to move or delete it.

Libby

We were just at Legoland in early December and we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Carlsbad. It was right across the street from the Ocean, the rooms were clean and large, and I got us a great rate on the internet.

emelle

We love paradise point resort and spa in San Diego, it's across from sea world, and really nice. I could go on and on, but we love it.

Which is right next to Legoland. We have also stayed at the Bahia Resort in San Diego.

Have fun.

We stayed at the homewood suites in hotel circle when we went in August2006. They have HUGE rooms, I think all are queens with a pull out couch, and full kitchen. They also had a full breakfast which included eggs, potatoes, fruit, do it yourtself waffles(fresh not Frozen!) and usually bacon or sausage. We got a deal of $99.00 a night. I think that it took us 25-30 minutes to get to legoland and 5 minuted tos ea world.

We (Grandma Debby, my daughter and then 7 year old granddaughter) stayed at the Catamaran Resort on Mission Bay in San Diego - it was great :cool1: You walk out the front door to the ocean and the back door to Mission Bay - very calm and warm water:thumbsup2 The restaurant would serve meals on the beach and it was right on the boardwalk that goes around Mission Bay:flower3: Easy to get to Sea World and just about 30 minutes to Legoland :moped:
Grandma Debby

Hi,

I'm completely overwelmed by all the hotels in San Diego. We've been before and stayed at one on hotel circle. From what I've read it seems we might be better to stay near Legoland - we're coming from the Port of LA, spending 2 nights to do Sea World and Legoland, then driving to DLH. Any suggestions/advice is most appreciated.

Sorry - just realized I posted this in wrong forum but don't how to move or delete it.

Libby

We go often to San Diego as youngest DD is a student at the University of San Diego. Legoland is not that far from Sea World so I assume you will do one the first day and one the second. I would suggest you do Sea World first and Legoland the second day so you can drive back to the DLH from Legoland area.

We do both often as we have Platinum passports for Sea World and GK's are crazy about going to Legoland. Use the websites below for more planning info.

Sea World Website:
http://4adventure.com/SWC/default.aspx

Legoland Website:
http://www.legoland.com/park/whatsnew.htm

If you are going to stay in the Legoland area, I would suggest staying at the Residence Innn San Diego Carlsbad

website for hotel:

http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/sancb-residence-inn-san-diego-carlsbad/

If you would like to stay nearer to Sea World, I would suggest staying at the Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley. http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/sanhc-residence-inn-san-diego-mission-valley/

:surfweb:

We stayed there awhile ago, March 2001 and loved it. Not sure how it is now, but we had a great suite and I remember that trip fondly.

We stayed at the homewood suites in hotel circle when we went in August2006. They have HUGE rooms, I think all are queens with a pull out couch, and full kitchen. They also had a full breakfast which included eggs, potatoes, fruit, do it yourtself waffles(fresh not Frozen!) and usually bacon or sausage. We got a deal of $99.00 a night. I think that it took us 25-30 minutes to get to legoland and 5 minuted tos ea world.

Just wondering how you got such a great rate? When I check our dates for August 2007 the best I get is around $220...out of our budget...thanks for the help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter