Going to WDW with a stent ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
DH has a stent in his heart.
What rides should we avoid ?

Thank you

Most rides have a warning if can affect your heart, so I would just look out for those warnings. There are a lot of mellow rides in WDW, so you will have a lot to go on even with a heart issue. What did the doctor say? I would also ask him.

He should probably check with his doctor, just to be safe.
Yup.
I'm cleared for anything I feel up to, but none of us can address someone else's medical status. It's more than just whether we have a stent in place.

I have a stent. My husband has four. He rides just about everything, except he has stopped riding the full-on Mission Space. I'm not a thrill ride person, so not missing much here. I used to love Splash Mntn, but I stopped riding once I had my heart attack, just to be on the safe side.

My husband had a heart attack and had a stent put in just two months prior to our last Disney trip. His cardiologist cleared him for all rides, but I wouldn't let him ride the orange side of Mission Space, only green. Other than that, he went on everything.

I have a stent and was approved for all rides. I had no problems. I felt fine riding everything.

My dad went with me in October, his first trip with a stent. He decided which rides he would feel comfortable on, and which ones he wanted to skip. He decided no more Everest, but that may have been a handy excuse.:teeth:

Definitely talk to your husband's doctor.

My dad went with me in October, his first trip with a stent. He decided which rides he would feel comfortable on, and which ones he wanted to skip. He decided no more Everest, but that may have been a handy excuse.:teeth:

Definitely talk to your husband's doctor.

My dad also has a stent and tried Everest after having it put in. He said it felt like an elephant was sitting on his chest when the ride was sitting at the top of the track prior to going backwards and he’s never done it again since (this was in 2011).

Hubby has had a stent for a while. He rides everything.

His doctor told him to do whatever he wanted, and we took him at his word.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter