Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sticking with Walker Mobility myself. Been using them for years with no problems at all. Walker has been in business and providing great service for over 20 years, great scooters and low rates. I'm staying.

I would like to thank the entire Disboards community for providing such an excellent resource of information here. After discovering this page a few months ago while trip planning my husband and I became more comfortable with the idea of traveling at our age and with our declining health conditions. We stayed at Polynesian resort so that we simply use the Monorail to get to the two parks that we decided to visit both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. After careful consideration and reading everyones comments we decided to rent 2 ECV’s from Gold Mobility for our bucket list trip to Disney World. The ECV’s we rented were as brand new as it gets, nicer than any another ECV’s we had seen in the parks. Nice big confortable seats that were easy on my back. My husband is close to 370 in weight and the battery which we were concerned about always showed full charge the entire time. We rented the Victory sized ECV with the 4 wheels, and they were easy to maneuver everywhere, and we always felt secure driving them around. We were frequently stoped with positive comments and constantly asked where we had rented them from by other guests. The Delivery driver was out standing! He stood by just outside the Magical Express bus when we arrived for the delivery, and he returned to pick them up as we boarded again to go back to the airport. The personalized delivery was wonderful. We used both the ECV’s the entire time, and parked both of them in our room each night. My husband took advantage of all the extra options on the ECV’s especially the cooling fan and the phone charger. A caring company, nice people, and a great rental service. We hope to come back again, and if we do we will gladly use them again.

With how well they seem to treat their customers, it would be great to see them open a branch out by Disneyland, there needs to be some better options on the west coast as well.

Disneyland is more a "local" park than a travel destination it likely would not be financially feasible to open this type of business in that area; plus, really nobody wants Gold service to d3cline, which it well could if they were to diversify.

With how well they seem to treat their customers, it would be great to see them open a branch out by Disneyland, there needs to be some better options on the west coast as well.
I asked the delivery person just that question. We were thinking if the good lord grants us the time and health we would like to see Disneyland too. His reply was Gold Mobility at this time focuses on the Walt Disney World area only, and they don't want to ever jeopardize the level of service they provide by expanding. I have to agree that the service was outstanding we received and don't want to see it decline either.

Disneyland is more a "local" park than a travel destination it likely would not be financially feasible to open this type of business in that area; plus, really nobody wants Gold service to d3cline, which it well could if they were to diversify.
Actually, there are a few companies near Disneyland and they cater to both locals and tourists, as locals sometimes need to rent ECVs as well, but none have the level of customer service that Gold Mobility seems to offer.

I asked the delivery person just that question. We were thinking if the good lord grants us the time and health we would like to see Disneyland too. His reply was Gold Mobility at this time focuses on the Walt Disney World area only, and they don't want to ever jeopardize the level of service they provide by expanding. I have to agree that the service was outstanding we received and don't want to see it decline either.
I can agree with that, but at the same time it is a shame as someone could make a killing with that level of customer service out here.

Actually, there are a few companies near Disneyland and they cater to both locals and tourists, as locals sometimes need to rent ECVs as well, but none have the level of customer service that Gold Mobility seems to offer.
It's difficult to accept inferior service from other ECV rental companies after you have been accustomed to the best. We found a ECV rental company out in Disneyland area, but so far we are not very impressed with communication. I think we may have been spoiled by Gold Mobility.

I rented from GMS 11/25-12/5 and I can't say enough. I had one issue on our first full day in the park (Monday) and they came out a 9 pm with a replacement. They came out within an hour of me calling. The issue turned out to be my fault and they didn't charge me anything extra.

Their customer service was excellent. I would recommend them to anyone considering renting an ECV/stroller.

The ECV was brand new. Last year we used Walker and got one that clearly had a lot of miles on it and a battery that would only hold a charge for a charge about 2 hours...even after charging 9 hours over night. Even then they said I would have to wait until the next day to get a replacement. However, they did call me back about a half hour later saying they found someone to bring me a replacement. They came out to Universal (by the rotating globe) to deliver the replacement.

All things considered I'll be using GMS anytime I'm in Orlando and need and ECV.

Mike

I rented from GMS 11/25-12/5 and I can't say enough. I had one issue on our first full day in the park (Monday) and they came out a 9 pm with a replacement. They came out within an hour of me calling. The issue turned out to be my fault and they didn't charge me anything extra.

Their customer service was excellent. I would recommend them to anyone considering renting an ECV/stroller.

The ECV was brand new. Last year we used Walker and got one that clearly had a lot of miles on it and a battery that would only hold a charge for a charge about 2 hours...even after charging 9 hours over night. Even then they said I would have to wait until the next day to get a replacement. However, they did call me back about a half hour later saying they found someone to bring me a replacement. They came out to Universal (by the rotating globe) to deliver the replacement.

All things considered I'll be using GMS anytime I'm in Orlando and need and ECV.

Mike
The battery on ours never once dropped even one bar on either of the ECV's rented from GMS either. If we get to go back we will surely be a GMS customer again.

The battery on ours never once dropped even one bar on either of the ECV's rented from GMS either. If we get to go back we will surely be a GMS customer again.
I did have one day with battery issue. I started at 7:00 am for the steam train tour and got back to our room at the Poly at 1:30 am after DAH. After running for 18 hours it was almost dead. Pretty danged good. :thumbsup2

Most days we went 12ish hours and never had an issue. Also, we needed a portable unit so I was about 40 lbs over the rated weight and it ran all day long. The fact that they use new ECVs is key. There isn't that loss of efficiency with scooters that a lot of run hours.

Mike

I did have one day with battery issue. I started at 7:00 am for the steam train tour and got back to our room at the Poly at 1:30 am after DAH. After running for 18 hours it was almost dead. Pretty danged good. :thumbsup2

Most days we went 12ish hours and never had an issue. Also, we needed a portable unit so I was about 40 lbs over the rated weight and it ran all day long. The fact that they use new ECVs is key. There isn't that loss of efficiency with scooters that a lot of run hours.

Mike
I agree most every other ECV rental we had seen along the parks was old, and looking rather worn. We were stopped and asked where we rented them from constantly on our trip.

We are doing a split stay between Universal and Disney. I rented from GMS in September and loved their service. Does anyone know if they deliver to Universal? And anyone done a split stay between the 2 resorts with GMS?

We are doing a split stay between Universal and Disney. I rented from GMS in September and loved their service. Does anyone know if they deliver to Universal? And anyone done a split stay between the 2 resorts with GMS?
They do deliver to Universal as well as other locations in the Orlando area.

Mike

I rented from them on my solo trip from 10/27/2018 through 11/10/2018. I can say without a doubt that they are the best company that I've ever rented from. They texted me the day before my arrival and asked me to text them when my plane landed. Which I did. Then, Nick asked me to text him when we were leaving the airport. I did and they were waiting for me when I arrived at the resort.

He went over the basics of using it, which I mostly knew. The only annoying thing, and this is minor, is that even at low speed it's fast. I got good an driving them off and on the bus. But even at turtle speed they were faster than the other ECV's I've seen around. And it's kind of a good thing also. LOL!!

My ECV was brand new. They included ponchos and covers for the tillers. I did have an issue about three days in. I don't think it had anything to do with the ECV itself though. Because it was raining and the ECV just stopped. They think it was because it got wet underneath. So, I called them and they met me at Hollywood Studios within 20 minutes. He brought me a loaner. Which was just as nice as the one I'd had, but told me that they would bring another one to the resort and drop it off at Bell Services. I honestly told him this one was fine, but he told me that it was a loaner because they like to make sure they are clean and such and the one they brought me was just to get me through the night. Okay. So, I finished my night at HS and got back to the resort and there was another ECV waiting for me. They put more ponchos and tiller covers in there for me. Exceptional service as far as I'm concerned.

They have my business any time I visit Orlando....

We just came back from a 6 day stay at WDW. I needed to rent a scooter or there was no way I was going to make it through day 1. After reading posts in this forum & looking at the individual companies, Gold Mobility seemed to be the best fit for us & I'm very glad we choose them.

Gold Mobility Scooters (GMS) was wonderful!! I reserved the Pride Go-Go Sport (4 wheel) online for $161 for 7 days (we only used them for 6 days though, it came to $26 & change per day, it would have been $23 a day for 7 days). I was texted the night before to verify our meeting time. They met us at the hotel (on time) & they processed our credit card. Not only did the young man arrive on time (I can't remember his name but he was from Connecticut & wonderful!!!!), he demonstrated to my husband how to dissemble the scooter, put it in the car & then reassemble. It was a blue scooter, most of those that I saw in the parks were red.

The scooter came with the user manual, a phone holder (don't keep your phone in it on rough/cobble stoned terrain, my phone fell out), phone charger, a drink holder & a front basket. He then asked if we wanted a rear basket for no extra charge, yes please! We were given a "shower cap" for the controller in case of rain & 4 ponchos. We had to use all of these during the week.

We signed the rental paperwork & off we went. The scooter came in very handy to unload the car, the suitcases rolled just fine along side the scooter & the baskets held quite a bit! We parked it at night behind the door, there was a space in between the bed & the wall/door where the scooter fit very well.

We started out the next day with the scooter, a very wet soggy Saturday. I highly recommend using an umbrella & not just a poncho. My legs got soaking wet when I used just the poncho. I also suggest buying a real shower cap before leaving home because the one provided was thin & I had to take it on & off several times and it did rip. It rained a lot, the shower cap was taken on & off because it would storm & then stop, storm & then stop. The concept worked great though! We finally got a larger bag to put over the steering column & all was well. The shower cap will cover the key and battery gauge so it did help that the cap was clear plastic.

This scooter maneuvered very well in all the lines, it turns very well. The seat turns so I could pull up next to a table & sit with no problem. It is smaller than the ones that Disney rents. I only had to transfer to a wheelchair on the HM, FOP & POC.

To make a long story short, we had absolutely no problems with the scooter & had no need to call Gold Mobility during our rental. The lights underneath the scooter did come in handy, it helped people see me better, I did receive a lot of compliments on them. The battery gauge has about 10 "dots" - red indicates low/dead battery, green is charged. Only on the day we were at Animal Kingdom from 7:30 am to 11:00 pm did the battery drop to 9 dots. Pretty impressive!

We texted the night before our departure to rearrange our pickup time (earlier than originally arranged) & they were again there on time to pick up the scooter. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach & the rep came to our room to pickup the scooter. FYI, we invited him in & he told us that per Disney policy they are not allowed to come into the room so he didn't come in.

I will rent from Gold Mobility again & I highly recommend them. We were told that they do not advertise, they work on word of mouth. If you use them please give a report online, this business deserves to be recognized and patronized.

Can you tell me what kind of trigger yours had... was it a hand pull trigger, or a thumb trigger?

I keep trying to post a picture but it says my file is too large, and I'm not computer-savvy enough to fix it. The trigger was great! It was a hand pill, but the handle was curvy, so it was more ergonomically correct, comfortable.

I keep trying to post a picture but it says my file is too large, and I'm not computer-savvy enough to fix it. The trigger was great! It was a hand pill, but the handle was curvy, so it was more ergonomically correct, comfortable.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!