Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
You pull the right handle to go forward & pull left to reverse. If I ever have to rent again I want to get a rearview mirror & bring it with me. It would help SO much.

So do folks who use BV scooters cause of the squeeze handle think this is the squeeze type? I can't tell lol!

Is any insurance included or optional to purchase?

I stick with BV scooters because of the squeeze handle and I do like the convenience of pick up and drop off at the bell services. I always imagine me trying to leave for the airport and they haven't come yet to pick up the scooter...o_O

I called them today to check out the difference in them and Apple scooter who I always use. I switched by the end of the phone call. I am saving $60 for my 14 day trip by switching. Plus I love the look and features I saw on the website.

$60 is a good savings! Let us know your experience when you get back.

I got my packet in the mail from Gold Mobility. They included maps from Universal and the 4 Disney Parks for disabled guests, plus a guide book of their own making that explained how to break down the ECVs for transport, plus their own take on the transferrability for all of the parks in the area (including Legoland). So far I'm impressed. I'll be getting my ECV from them on Sunday.

I just checked out their web page and I didn't realize from the previous posts that they have a flat fee rental which covers 7 days - so if you want 3 or 4 days it is the same price as 7 days - they don't pro-rate. I'm not sure what happens if you want 8 days or 10 days - I wonder if they charge you for another week?

Damage waiver is included in the price. Downside for me is that I like making short trips (4 days) so the $180 flat rate charge would make them more expensive than other places. I rarely make an exactly 7 day trip.

I just checked out their web page and I didn't realize from the previous posts that they have a flat fee rental which covers 7 days - so if you want 3 or 4 days it is the same price as 7 days - they don't pro-rate. I'm not sure what happens if you want 8 days or 10 days - I wonder if they charge you for another week?

Damage waiver is included in the price. Downside for me is that I like making short trips (4 days) so the $180 flat rate charge would make them more expensive than other places. I rarely make an exactly 7 day trip.

The total for 7 days is $161.00. When we rented we were only going to be there for 6 days ($26 per day). We paid the $161 for 7 days ($23 per day). Even though we were one day short, it was still a good value. It may not be if you're only staying for 3-4 days. If you can find a better deal than that, you should go with the other company.

I got my packet in the mail from Gold Mobility. They included maps from Universal and the 4 Disney Parks for disabled guests, plus a guide book of their own making that explained how to break down the ECVs for transport, plus their own take on the transferrability for all of the parks in the area (including Legoland). So far I'm impressed. I'll be getting my ECV from them on Sunday.

Y'all have a great time! Prepare for the rain & you shouldn't have a problem whatever.

Thanks to TallyTutter and the wonderful review, and some offline private discussions, we used GMS (Gold Mobility) for our recent Disney trip. Here now, but leaving this morning. What a fantastic company and service. WOW! From start to finish GMS was great and the scooter was fantastic. Perfect experience. I will write a better review later, but wanted to thank TallyTutter for the recommendation. I HIGHLY recommend GMS as well. What a great experience, and very fair price. Nick was great! Also about the Bell Services concerns. GMS scheduled times to drop off and pick up our scooter on our schedule. It was so helpful to have the company there to show me how to run the scooter and more importantly, how to take it apart correctly so I could load it in our rental van.

Thanks to TallyTutter and the wonderful review, and some offline private discussions, we used GMS (Gold Mobility) for our recent Disney trip. Here now, but leaving this morning. What a fantastic company and service. WOW! From start to finish GMS was great and the scooter was fantastic. Perfect experience. I will write a better review later, but wanted to thank TallyTutter for the recommendation. I HIGHLY recommend GMS as well. What a great experience, and very fair price. Nick was great! Also about the Bell Services concerns. GMS scheduled times to drop off and pick up our scooter on our schedule. It was so helpful to have the company there to show me how to run the scooter and more importantly, how to take it apart correctly so I could load it in our rental van.

I'm so glad y'all had a good experience. I can't wait to read your trip report & review.

Slightly off topic but does GMS have ECV's that can be operated in the rain?
I've seen a couple of places that state that their vehicles are not water proof.

Slightly off topic but does GMS have ECV's that can be operated in the rain?
I've seen a couple of places that state that their vehicles are not water proof.

Well, I asked that very question. I was there May 18 - 24, it rained all day that Saturday & off/on the rest of the week, that was a very wet week at Disney. It rained so bad Saturday night that Fantasmic was cancelled. I was told that the controls MUST be covered, that's why they provide you with the shower cap. I was told that as long as the controls were covered I could use the scooter in the rain, the degree of rain is what would make the difference. One night @ Epcot it was raining on the way back to the parking lot, I used an umbrella, which covered me & the controls (which were also covered by the shower cap) and had no problem. At no time did GMS state or imply that the scooters were waterproof.

FYI - a poncho will not cover your legs on a scooter & your legs will get soaked, an umbrella or waders are the only thing that will!

$60 is a good savings! Let us know your experience when you get back.
I am not going until September but I will let you know how it was when I get back. I chose the sun canopy as my free upgrade. Does anyone know how that will work going on and off the Disney buses and monorails?

Well, I asked that very question. I was there May 18 - 24, it rained all day that Saturday & off/on the rest of the week, that was a very wet week at Disney. It rained so bad Saturday night that Fantasmic was cancelled. I was told that the controls MUST be covered, that's why they provide you with the shower cap. I was told that as long as the controls were covered I could use the scooter in the rain, the degree of rain is what would make the difference. One night @ Epcot it was raining on the way back to the parking lot, I used an umbrella, which covered me & the controls (which were also covered by the shower cap) and had no problem. At no time did GMS state or imply that the scooters were waterproof.

FYI - a poncho will not cover your legs on a scooter & your legs will get soaked, an umbrella or waders are the only thing that will!

This is exactly what GMS told me too. He said as long as we covered the control panel it would be OK running in rain. He recommended if it was a pouring, driving rain fall it would be good to get out it, but for typical Florida rains it was OK to us. He said if the control panel got wet, it would need to dry out. We had rain daily and never had a problem. The shower cap they provided lasted our entire 10 days and it was on off many times.

I am not going until September but I will let you know how it was when I get back. I chose the sun canopy as my free upgrade. Does anyone know how that will work going on and off the Disney buses and monorails?

I'm hoping that the canopy is collapsible because I don't see how it could get on the monorail with it up. It will certainly come in handy though! Enjoy!!

We used Gold Mobility for my wife’s broken foot last week. It was great! Delivery and pickup was on time and flexible as we had to change our pickup time and locations. The scooter was easy to disassemble for our rental van and we went two days on one charge. I highly recommend them!

We used GMS last week due to the recommendation here. My husband threw his back out right before the trip.

They were great! Got our package with all the info and the day before they texted me regarding the drop off time. I stated the time we should be arriving but if we were delayed I would let him know. Got another text on arrival day asking if we were on time, which I verified. He even texted me to let me know he would be there in 10 minutes. I also had the guy from Connecticut (that is where we are from), he was awesome, gave my husband instructions and showed him where everything was. Even gave him the tip that if you get back on and try to move and all you hear is the beep beep beep...the main reason is that a cast member may have moved the ECV and not taken it out of neutral. He said that is their main calls. Also this thing went forever on one charge. We forgot to charge it one night and it still was a full charge.

We received texts the next day asking if everything was ok and if there was anything questions we had. And as for drop off, we got a text confirmation of the time and place and another when he was on route.

I would totally recommend this to anyone. This was my first need of an ECV and if this is the service we received, I am now spoiled... :love:

We used GMS last week due to the recommendation here. My husband threw his back out right before the trip.

They were great! Got our package with all the info and the day before they texted me regarding the drop off time. I stated the time we should be arriving but if we were delayed I would let him know. Got another text on arrival day asking if we were on time, which I verified. He even texted me to let me know he would be there in 10 minutes. I also had the guy from Connecticut (that is where we are from), he was awesome, gave my husband instructions and showed him where everything was. Even gave him the tip that if you get back on and try to move and all you hear is the beep beep beep...the main reason is that a cast member may have moved the ECV and not taken it out of neutral. He said that is their main calls. Also this thing went forever on one charge. We forgot to charge it one night and it still was a full charge.

We received texts the next day asking if everything was ok and if there was anything questions we had. And as for drop off, we got a text confirmation of the time and place and another when he was on route.

I would totally recommend this to anyone. This was my first need of an ECV and if this is the service we received, I am now spoiled... :love:

I am so glad that you had a good experience KimmiP! That was exactly my experience! I'm spoiled too, I've got two more big trips coming up & wish GMS was an option for those trips.

We used Gold Mobility for my wife’s broken foot last week. It was great! Delivery and pickup was on time and flexible as we had to change our pickup time and locations. The scooter was easy to disassemble for our rental van and we went two days on one charge. I highly recommend them!

I'm glad you had a great experience. I found you can't beat GMS for service & price.

Keep those reviews coming! Right now, the fact that they're so new scares me. It could be that they'll be great-heck, I remember when Owner's Locker Started and they've done so well and made so many people happy. However, I remember a certain Limo Company that came and went so fast (can't remember the company's name, but the owner went by "Rabbit") At first he was the favored one, but then he started letting down lots of people (including me) and shortly after, he disappeared as quickly as he'd shown up. Gold Mobility sounds great, and I'd like to give them a chance but, as they say, "once bitten, twice shy".

Keep those reviews coming! Right now, the fact that they're so new scares me. It could be that they'll be great-heck, I remember when Owner's Locker Started and they've done so well and made so many people happy. However, I remember a certain Limo Company that came and went so fast (can't remember the company's name, but the owner went by "Rabbit") At first he was the favored one, but then he started letting down lots of people (including me) and shortly after, he disappeared as quickly as he'd shown up. Gold Mobility sounds great, and I'd like to give them a chance but, as they say, "once bitten, twice shy".

I understand your concern. I asked how business was going and they said it increases every month. They were up 300% and only had 5 scooters in the warehouse left for that week. I think you should give it a try. :-)

I understand your concern. I asked how business was going and they said it increases every month. They were up 300% and only had 5 scooters in the warehouse left for that week. I think you should give it a try. :-)

When I was talking with them, they told me this as well. They are growing quickly based on the good word of mouth. The scooter we got to use for 10 days looked like it was brand new. Nick told me they were getting in new stock to keep up with the demand. They were completely professional and communication was fantastic from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!