Gold Pass blackout dates

LadybugsMum

DIS Veteran
What are the usual black out dates for gold passes? If GPs are available in April 2021 when I go, I'm considering getting one for myself, but I won't if our normal dates of travel are during any of the black out times.

What are the usual black out dates for gold passes? If GPs are available in April 2021 when I go, I'm considering getting one for myself, but I won't if our normal dates of travel are during any of the black out times.

Generally, the gold blockout dates are surrounding Christmas & Easter. On my current AP, I will be blocked:

Dec. 18- Jan. 2 & Mar. 27- Apr. 9

A new Gold AP is $766.

One trick I have done in the past is to use a regular ticket for blackout dates and then upgrade to the AP either the first day out of the blackout dates or on my last day on the way out of the park if I'm still inside the blackout dates. For instance, we bought a regular ticket and when we were there for NYE 2017 and then upgraded to an AP on January 2, 2018.

A new Gold AP is $766.

One trick I have done in the past is to use a regular ticket for blackout dates and then upgrade to the AP either the first day out of the blackout dates or on my last day on the way out of the park if I'm still inside the blackout dates. For instance, we bought a regular ticket and when we were there for NYE 2017 and then upgraded to an AP on January 2, 2018.

You haven't been able to buy though right? You are just saying when they become available again?

Just to clarify that price is the DVC discounted gold pass only available..when they start selling again..to those with a blue card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter