Golden Dumbos?

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
I know I read it somewhere, that there will be golden Dumbos at Disneyland in honor of the 50th Anniversary. It was reported that the rides that were there 50 years ago, will each have 2 cars painted gold in honor of the 50th. Can anyone help me with where I read this? Thanks.

From Mouseplanet per David Koenig -

"Gold paint – Lots of it. Everywhere. There are now five gold crowns on the turrets of Sleeping Beauty Castle, one for each of its decades. They're painting the lampposts on Main Street gold. Curbs and steps have been colorized.

Plus, there's the eagerly awaited “Golden Vehicles Program,” in which one vehicle from each remaining attraction from 1955 will be repainted. In all, 12 vehicles will be given the gold treatment, ranging from repainting an entire vehicle (like a tea cup, a Jungle Cruise boat, or a car from Autopia and the original Fantasyland dark rides) to, where more practical, adding gold accents (such as on a streetcar and the Mark Twain).

I can only imagine the fistfights that will break out as children race to reserve the gold Dumbo."

Link to the whole story: http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/dk050301.htm

Looks like there is only one car per ride painted gold.

I could be wrong but the info I read in the little CM booklet said that the golden cars were for taking pictures. So I assumed that they would be the dumbo outside to take pictures. and the other cars would be placed outside the rides for taking pictures not used in the ride itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter