Golden Mickeys Dream

mom2brooke76

Proud Redhead who doesn't think that Universal is
Is the Golden Mickeys still being shown on the Dream? We sail on 6/1 on a 5 night double dip and my husband just noticed that the DCL website now shows the only location as being on the Wonder :scared1: This is one of our favorite shows and the thought of them getting rid of it makes me super sad :sad:

Is the Golden Mickeys still being shown on the Dream? We sail on 6/1 on a 5 night double dip and my husband just noticed that the DCL website now shows the only location as being on the Wonder :scared1: This is one of our favorite shows and the thought of them getting rid of it makes me super sad :sad:
Currently it seems that DCL is running the new Beauty & the Beast show twice during each cruise. Since the Dream has such short cruises, one of the shows has to be "sacrificed" to do this. Seems like it's Golden Mickey's.

Hopefully, when demand dies down a bit for B&B, they'll bring back Golden Mickeys.

Currently it seems that DCL is running the new Beauty & the Beast show twice during each cruise. Since the Dream has such short cruises, one of the shows has to be "sacrificed" to do this. Seems like it's Golden Mickey's.

Hopefully, when demand dies down a bit for B&B, they'll bring back Golden Mickeys.

I'm curious what they'll do with the 5 night cruises. If they need to do Beauty and the Beast twice I'm hoping that they could still do Golden Mickeys and a variety show and skip the movie. I guess I'll let everyone know once we return.

I'm curious what they'll do with the 5 night cruises. If they need to do Beauty and the Beast twice I'm hoping that they could still do Golden Mickeys and a variety show and skip the movie. I guess I'll let everyone know once we return.
Well the movie is typically on Pirate night, so I doubt that will change. It does leave 4 other nights, though. It seems that they could do Dreams, Golden Mickey's and B&B twice in those 4 nights. But no one knows yet.

I thought it was Villians Tonight that got booted for Beauty & the Beast. I have no idea why Golden Mickeys has been nixed.

I thought it was Villians Tonight that got booted for Beauty & the Beast. I have no idea why Golden Mickeys has been nixed.
Yes, Beauty & the Beast replaced Villains Tonight.

That makes the line-up: Believe, Golden Mickey's, and Beauty & the Beast.

Due to the popularity of B&B, DCL has been running it twice per cruise. Since the Dream cruises only have 3 & 4 nights, that limits what shows can be done. They've currently replaced Golden Mickey's with the second night's showing of B&B.

When did they start running a movie on Pirate night? Was it a cost-cutting measure?
Sorry, on the other ships, often the Pirate night show in the WDT has been either a movie or an entertainer. On the Dream it's an entertainer on Pirate night for the 4 night cruise. On the 3 night cruise, all three nights have a production show.

Just got back from the 4 day cruise. Yes, the Golden Mickey's are on "hiatus" until September according to the cruise director. They say it is to give greater opportunity for everyone to see B&B but I'm not sure about that! There are two showings on the designated night and there were seats available with the regular first showing. Of course, many could be waiting until the second option, who knows. Regardless, with it being our 9th cruise, it sure was strange only have 2 shows on 4 nights! Didn't like it at all! I'm wondering if there are alternative issues happening.

Just got back from the 4 day cruise. Yes, the Golden Mickey's are on "hiatus" until September according to the cruise director. They say it is to give greater opportunity for everyone to see B&B but I'm not sure about that! There are two showings on the designated night and there were seats available with the regular first showing. Of course, many could be waiting until the second option, who knows. Regardless, with it being our 9th cruise, it sure was strange only have 2 shows on 4 nights! Didn't like it at all! I'm wondering if there are alternative issues happening.

Thanks for the update. This makes me sad, and now I'm guessing we'll have the 3 stage shows (although I don't consider a repeat 3 different ones), a movie and a variety act. Makes me sad and now I see why they've updated the DCL site. Btw, who was your cruise director?

Yes, Beauty & the Beast replaced Villains Tonight.

That makes the line-up: Believe, Golden Mickey's, and Beauty & the Beast.

Due to the popularity of B&B, DCL has been running it twice per cruise. Since the Dream cruises only have 3 & 4 nights, that limits what shows can be done. They've currently replaced Golden Mickey's with the second night's showing of B&B.
I was just on a Dream 4 night. We had Beauty & the Beast twice and Believe. We went to the 2nd night showing and the theater was maybe half full. 1 night was the premier of Avengers. For 4-night cruises that don’t have a premier I don’t see why Golden Mickeys isn’t being shown.

I was just on a Dream 4 night. We had Beauty & the Beast twice and Believe. We went to the 2nd night showing and the theater was maybe half full. 1 night was the premier of Avengers. For 4-night cruises that don’t have a premier I don’t see why Golden Mickeys isn’t being shown.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. Btw, who was your cruise director?

Probably because they already have a contract with the individual performer that's aboard for a show in the WDT. Typically on Pirate night, on the 4 night cruise, they have an individual entertainer there. That way they don't have to double staff two shows involving all the performers on the same night (one show in the WDT, and one show on deck for pirate night).

I certainly hope they bring back Golden Mickeys. Back in 2012, when I was on the Dream, I missed it. I'm headed out on the Dream again in early September and was hoping to catch it then. As excited as I am for Beauty and the Beast (my all time favorite Disney movie) I don't need to see it twice at the cost of another show.

I thought some of the effects from the new Beauty and the Beast were neat, but the show isn't going to age well. The puppets were amazing as always. Though this is certainly a play based on the recent film, not the animated, which is fine.

I didn't feel the need to see it twice in one cruise. Golden Mickey's is a little hokey but good fun, would rather they have a single show if Beauty. that is if they can fix the stage errors. It restarted twice during our matinee performance last month. And then had an issue in late performance according to some folks we talked to.

I thought some of the effects from the new Beauty and the Beast were neat, but the show isn't going to age well. The puppets were amazing as always. Though this is certainly a play based on the recent film, not the animated, which is fine.

I didn't feel the need to see it twice in one cruise. Golden Mickey's is a little hokey but good fun, would rather they have a single show if Beauty. that is if they can fix the stage errors. It restarted twice during our matinee performance last month. And then had an issue in late performance according to some folks we talked to.

Unless they included something like "OMG we're BFFs! This is such a bro-mance" (looking at you Broadway's Aladdin) or other obviously anachronistic elements to the story, I find it hard to see anything in the live-action that won't age well in that "tale as old as time".

I mean, I haven't seen the Dream version yet, but there was nothing in the live action film that tied it to a certain time lyric or anything else I saw-wise.

Unless they included something like "OMG we're BFFs! This is such a bro-mance" (looking at you Broadway's Aladdin) or other obviously anachronistic elements to the story, I find it hard to see anything in the live-action that won't age well in that "tale as old as time".

I mean, I haven't seen the Dream version yet, but there was nothing in the live action film that tied it to a certain time lyric or anything else I saw-wise.
Not in terms of content. but in stage designs. The show is very heavily screen based in some areas. Disney has been known to not reinvest in the latest or greatest computer animation as it ages. So I would think that some of it is going to look awfully bad in another 5 years. Not to mention when the screen undoubtedly fails.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was super clever and neat to see, but the animations related to it will show their age as dos most computer generated content.

Apparently, from what I gathered on Disney Cruise Line blog, they are doing BatB twice, Believe, and the 4th night is a movie whether or not a premiere.
I'm kind of ticked that one of the nights could possibly be an PG-13 movie (an not even a premiere at that!). One reason we went with Disney was to have a family friendly show to attend every night together. Although given the timing of our cruise, I'm hoping the movie is Incredibles 2, which would at least work for my family (not the same as a live show, but still)
When I looked over past year 4 night sailings, it was 4 live shows as the main events (BatB/Villains, Believe, Golden Mickeys, and a performer).

Apparently, from what I gathered on Disney Cruise Line blog, they are doing BatB twice, Believe, and the 4th night is a movie whether or not a premiere.
I'm kind of ticked that one of the nights could possibly be an PG-13 movie (an not even a premiere at that!). One reason we went with Disney was to have a family friendly show to attend every night together. Although given the timing of our cruise, I'm hoping the movie is Incredibles 2, which would at least work for my family (not the same as a live show, but still)
When I looked over past year 4 night sailings, it was 4 live shows as the main events (BatB/Villains, Believe, Golden Mickeys, and a performer).
That would annoy me too, as I've got really young kids. If this happens the next time we cruise we plan to hang out at the pool and watch the funnel vision instead. The pools should be less crowded at that point and I think it'll be more fun for the kids than sitting in the theater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter