Golden Rides

joanne1968

Mouseketeer
My daughter is curious about the special golden "cars" I have seen pictures of dumbo and teacups, are there any other rides with golden cars?

There's also the gold carousel horse, gold Storybookland boat, gold Casey Jr train, gold Jungle Cruise boat, a couple of gold Main Street vehicles, and the Mark Twain has gold trim. The 3 original dark rides have gold vehicles out front you can take pictures in, but never got actual on-ride gold vehicles.

Joanne - I think that became our kids goal as well. As my DD climbed on the gold horse on the carousel she commented "It's all about the Gold!" (which will become the title to that scrapbook page!!) A CM informed us that all the original rides have a gold item. My kids wanted pictures on the ACTUAL Dumbo, tea cup, etc AND the one outside the ride!!

Good luck!

I have also been thinking of the scrapbooking possibilities, which is crazy when you think I am only today doing my photos of the Taj Mahal from 1995! I have enough scrapbooking projects to think about with the photos I already have without worrying about photos I may never take. Having said that I have made it my resolution to scrapbook all the WDW photos from Easter 2005 and have at least finished the DLP photos from Halloween 2004.

I completely understand! I am 2 cruises behind and haven't started on an album for each kid (may never happen at this rate! They will have to split up the vacation albums for their memories!) BUT I have decided to finish this DL album by my son's birthday in February so everyone can see it. PLUS it is so fun to re-live it as I scrapbook it! (Which I need to work on now!...)

My sister has 2 children and did a WDW album for each one, she says never again, I only have 1 dd but still struggle to keep up

There are also several (I saw at least two of them) Autopia cars, plus a gold display car in the Autopia giftshop.

Crikey I can see this is going to be a Mission Impossible, but there is nothing like a challenge

My boys lucked out and rode a total of three of the gold "cars"...but that was totally luck.

While we were waiting in line for Dumbo (I swear it was 90 minutes at least!) the same thing happened over and over. The people entering at the handicapped entrance were allowed to enter first, and they would take the golden Dumbo. (Without sounding rude, I personally know people who have stretched the truth to be able to use this entrance system...and a lot of these folks sure could run once that gate was opened.) It was completely dumb luck that the lady who came in thru that way when we finally got to the front really was obviously handicapped...and she took the Dumbo closest to that gate, allowing my son to run around and snag the gold Dumbo.

I guess, depending on how many people are in your party and how long you might have to wait, it could get to a point where you'd be glad to settle for a photo on the picture op Dumbo.

The teacups were much easier. The lines there weren't nearly as long and my older son was easily able to get on the golden teacup.

We ended up on the golden boat in Storybook Land (I STILL don't get the point of THAT ride, lol!) by chance.

I'm glad my kids didn't have their hearts set on riding all the golden cars...with the way the lines were, we could have spent all 3 1/2 of our Disney days just trying to succeed!

Well I don't think Fiona has set her heart on it, but it will be something to look out for anyway, thanks for the input.

We are going to have 5/6 days there before and after Easter so I am expecting it to be very busy

We found by going to Early Entry, it made it easy to get a couple. We would walk up to the ride when there was no line and people were getting on. We asked if we could wait for the next ride and they were fine with it. We were able to get the Tea Cup & Dumbo that way. :goodvibes

Yes we only have one early entry, as we are not staying onsite, but I intend to make the most of that one day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter