• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golf at SSR

changjoe

SSR Member
Hi everybody, my family and me are going back "home" for the first time next Feb. and we are all very excited about it. I am just curious if anybody have played golf at SSR before? If so, how are your experiences? My dad is a pretty serious golfer and i am hoping that he'll have a great time there. Also, do we have to pay to play golf there? Do they have rental services? And what other services do they provide?

yes you have to pay...........call 407 WDW GOLF to make ressies..........and if you go to WDW alot buy the DVC Golf Card to save on the rounds..............golf shoes and clubs are free to DVC members............

the card cost 50 bucks and its good for a yr...........and it discounts the round depending upon the time of the yr..............call the number i gave you...............

The Lake Buena Vista golf course is right at SSR. I played the first week in October - using my DVC Golf Membership. The membership cost me $50 and the round of golf cost $50 - however, the price varies with the season. I believe it goes to $89 in Jan/Feb timeframe and down to $35 Aug/Sept timeframe.

I played three rounds in early October - one at Osprey Ridge; one at Eagle Pines; and one at Lake Buena Vista. Without the DVC Golf Membership, I would have paid $338.00. Instead I paid $50 for the membership and $150 for the three rounds - a total of $200 - I saved $138.00!!!!

The DVC membership is worth every cent - even if I don't play again during the year! It is good for one year from date of purchase. The other caveat - your tee time must be at 10 am or later.

PM me if you have any addiitonal questions.

Shoes and Clubs are free to DVC members?? I never knew this

Simba said:
Shoes and Clubs are free to DVC members?? I never knew this

Yes, but only with the DVC Golf Membership.

DH is a serious golfer who's played LBV (at SSR) many times. He loves it, thinks it's the "best golf deal in Disney", but others don't like the fact that it's surrounded by villas. They find the course too tight. Others feel it has too much water.
If you could play there for free if you stayed at SSR, boy, that might make DH want to stay at SSR all the time!

we just played at LBV (ssr) in OCT. I had DVC golf card for $50. There were 4 of us and the round cost $50 each but I used my Disney Visa for all the rounds and it came down to $40 each and we all got free shoes and clubs. Cobras and Titlest. You can't beat that. I think the free shoes and clubs are only good till the end of this year but you can call and ask. :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter