Good experience from first timer

Ferris

Earning My Ears
So, I finally pulled the trigger and bought 200 pts through DVC. What's really nice is that I was able to get an October use year (which is pretty spiffy since I'll mostly be using it for F&W).

To top it off, I was able to book before I even had all of my paperwork signed and turned in! My first experience with member services was awesome. I was able to book a trip to NY, a trip to Palm Springs, and of course a trip to WDW for F&W all in one 20 minute phone call. Of course, I also used up all of my 2006 and most of my 2007 points, but that's what they're there for, right!? Very excited! Can't wait! :goodvibes

So, I finally pulled the trigger and bought 200 pts through DVC. What's really nice is that I was able to get an October use year (which is pretty spiffy since I'll mostly be using it for F&W).

To top it off, I was able to book before I even had all of my paperwork signed and turned in! My first experience with member services was awesome. I was able to book a trip to NY, a trip to Palm Springs, and of course a trip to WDW for F&W all in one 20 minute phone call. Of course, I also used up all of my 2006 and most of my 2007 points, but that's what they're there for, right!? Very excited! Can't wait! :goodvibes

Welcome Home.

Which resorts did you book in NY and Palm Springs?

Post a review of those upon return. I'd like to see more of the concierge options and exchange options reviewed here.

We booked the Lowes Regency in NY for 4th of July and a Yankee game, the Club Intrawest Palm Desert in April for a wedding we have to go to, and Saratoga Springs (my home resort) in the fall for F&W. We are probably going to try and switch to one of the Epcot resorts like BWV or BCV for F&W, but I hear that they are difficult to get that time of year.

I'll be sure to post a review of the respective hotels when I get back. Thanks for all the kind "welcomes" everyone.

Welcome home--and to the "enthusiasm of being new members" club! Like you, I used up pretty much all my points for 2006 and 2007 within a month or so of getting them just this past June...and don't regret a minute of it! I've loved our first two DVC trips (one to SSR, our home, which I utterly love, over T-giving; and one where we were "nomadic"...one night at OKW, one at SSR, one at BWV preferred view, and 4 at BWV standard view just last week)...have another trip booked to BCV in May and our next year's T-giving week trip to SSR...

Don't we just love our DVC?????

Welcome home!!!!

We booked the Lowes Regency in NY for 4th of July and a Yankee game, the Club Intrawest Palm Desert in April for a wedding we have to go to, and Saratoga Springs (my home resort) in the fall for F&W. We are probably going to try and switch to one of the Epcot resorts like BWV or BCV for F&W, but I hear that they are difficult to get that time of year.

I'll be sure to post a review of the respective hotels when I get back. Thanks for all the kind "welcomes" everyone.

Thank you very much. Sounds like you are using your membership to its fullest.

That is really what it is all about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter