Good Neighbor hotels to get 60-day FP booking! Update: AND EMH!

So I tried this out a few weeks ago and this is how it went.

I originally had 2 rooms at Coronado Springs booked (about $215). We were only staying 1 night and going with the in-laws who wanted Sunday to be a HS day. Since the rides are limited and my kid wanted to do Jedi training I definitely wanted to get there for early magic hour offered.

When I was first comparing prices to stay at a DS hotel I wasn't all that impressed. Once you added parking and resort fees it was much more than onsite moderates. I did book the Best Western at one point but wasn't all that excited ($160 all in) However, a priceline express deal popped up (i figured it out, but NO resort fee was listed) for the Hilton Buena Vista Palace for $115 after tax so I took it.

Since I had already booked my FP I did not link my hotel to MDE since we were also within 30 days at this point. When we got to the hotel I asked about the EMH and they had the little tickets as shown above. Note: the receptionist told me it was only supposed to be 2 per room but gave me the extra I needed anyway (I don't know if this would have been different if I had linked the hotel and added the guest staying as priceline defaults to 2 guests).

I was surprised when we got to HS that they did not ask for our little tickets and we were scanned green in early (and we had gone in 2 groups and both groups did not end up needing the tickets). I went through a lot to make sure we were legit for EMH and I really hope everyone there was too.

Overall the hotel was nice, we had a king bed with a pull out and a balcony. The kids liked the pools and I love that you can walk to Disney Springs. We did not try the shuttle as we drove to the parks (we have APs). The only catch was the hotel ended up being charged a resort fee and parking after I explicitly asked about extra charges and they said I was paid in full from priceline (I called and got it removed).

I would do it again as long as the hotel and all the fees were less than Disney onsite.

Does anyone know for certain that in order to get the 60 day fastpass at DS resorts, you have to book through DTC? I read in other forums and sites that as long as you link tickets to MDE with DS reservation you are eligible for the 60 day FP. I can get tix thru my work oerks for $200+ cheaper for 7 to 10 day PHP tix than what Disney charges.

We stayed onsite last year for our first ever trip at POR with DDP and went above and beyond. But this year I want to plan a fun trip without breaking the bank. So when DS hotel perks opened up I got excited but crunching the numbers, it doesnt really save me much booking thru DTC because they require me to get the package.

Other option is to book 2 nights at All Star Movies and then 10 nights at Liki Tiki Village. I like the resort activities and pools. But saw mixed reviews about the condos and staff.

We rented a car last year...minivan actually for 9 days for 321.00 but deals like that are nonexistant now. So I am thinking of Lyft or Uber....especially with parking fees at resorts and the parks.

I love the disney bubble feel...but my bank account does not. So I need to do what is budget friendly while still getting the 60 day fastpass option. I appreciate any and all suggestions! Staying offsite we prefer a place that has a great pool setting...like waterpark. Thats why I chose Liki Tiki. Any personal experiences or other options?

We rented a car last year...minivan actually for 9 days for 321.00 but deals like that are nonexistant now. So I am thinking of Lyft or Uber....especially with parking fees at resorts and the parks.

Only through 6 of the 7 hotels at Disney Springs, Best Western/Drury is still not online yet to link. Yes you can book those 6 anyway you want and link them. Best rate so far for a minivan I just got through airportrentalcars.com (through Priceline) just now. $221 for a week rental with all fees and taxes. I use the Budget corporate code of U112000 they gave on their Twitter. I just canceled my Hertz that was $325! *for reference we are riding ME so this pickup is mid trip in Disney Springs at the Double Tree not at the airport, 7 days.

We thought about doing this for our upcoming trip May 22-30. We looked at the Wyndham Garden. My girlfriend gets a work discount, so it was around $72/night before fees. However after adding the cost of Uber to/from MCO, plus the extra $225 total in “resort fees”, the total cost difference from AP rate at ASM was ~$100. Not worth the savings in our case to give up Magical Express, dealing with a different shuttle, and the other inconveniences (linking reservation, tickets for magic hours, not being able to charge to your room). The rooms appeared comparable to ASM, not that we have to have a luxurious room when we come down.

We were looking at Liki Tiki for a split stay because a 1 bedroom apt with full kitchen is 59.00 a night thru undercovertourist.com but then about 200.00 for resort fees, plus parking at the parks at 22.00 because we like the freedom of a rental car. We would save about 230.00 over a Doubletree stay and no EMH. and we would save about 180.00 at Doubletree over an All Star Movies stay. This is all including parking, resort fees and so forth. I am all aboutbsaving but that 230 is not worth losing EMH in my opinion. Now I wonder if All Star Movies will be on a fall discount for room only...then it would make more sense to stay right there instead of Doubletree....though Doubltree has nicer rooms...imo.

I am wondering....has anyone here stayed at Doubletree Disney Springs since this new benefit offer came thru? And did you get park tix elsewhere? How was the EMH and 60 day FP selection? How was the whole experience? Better that in Disney?

Okay, so can somebody clarify exactly what happens when I stay at one of the off-site "Good Neighbor Hotels" that include EMH? I'm mostly interested in doing the evening EMH but am curious about the procedures for both morning and evening EMH.

In the past at the Hilton, I just had to flash my room key at each ride entrance during the EMH period. Is this still the case? Are the EMHs linked to my MagicBand, and do I even need a MagicBand to use EMH when staying off-site? I see photos of the EMH card some of you got at check-in. Is this card scanned? Where do I show it? Do I need to "tap in" at the gates or just flash it at a cast member like the old days?

Sorry for all the questions but I can't seem to get a clear answer of the procedures and how it works. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

Okay, so can somebody clarify exactly what happens when I stay at one of the off-site "Good Neighbor Hotels" that include EMH? I'm mostly interested in doing the evening EMH but am curious about the procedures for both morning and evening EMH.

In the past at the Hilton, I just had to flash my room key at each ride entrance during the EMH period. Is this still the case? Are the EMHs linked to my MagicBand, and do I even need a MagicBand to use EMH when staying off-site? I see photos of the EMH card some of you got at check-in. Is this card scanned? Where do I show it? Do I need to "tap in" at the gates or just flash it at a cast member like the old days?

Sorry for all the questions but I can't seem to get a clear answer of the procedures and how it works. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
You would likely have to show your room key. This is how it was done when I stayed at the Dolphin a few years ago.

So I stayed at the hilton buena vista palace back at the beginning of April. The day after making the reservation I was able to add the reservation to MDE and it showed there was one adult on the reservation and asked me to select who the adult was since I manage a few people in MDE.

At the 60 day mark I was able to book fast passes with no issue. They gave me the EMH card when I checked in but I never had to use it. They just scanned my band and they let me in. I went to Olivias at OKW a few times for breakfast and the guard mentioned that when he scanned my band it came up with me staying at the Hilton and they had never seen that before.

i am staying at the double tree in may and Hilton buena vista palace again in sept and I was able to add those as well.

Are all good neighbor hotels offering EMH and 60 day fast pass? Or is there a list somewhere of those which offer it?

Edit:

I probably should have explained we had been planning to stay at the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista because we have the points from work travel, and because we also plan to do Universal, NASA, and a couple of other things while we're in Orlando. I'm hoping there is a list somewhere of Good Neighbor Hotels offering EMH and 60 day fast pass because we could easily stay at a different Good Neighbor Hotel. We just like the Residence Inn because of their kitchens and two bedroom suites.

I tried to confirm via their website whether they offer EMH or 60 day fast pass but there is nothing about it there about it. All I could find on the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista website was a package deal that costs extra which includes a shuttle to Epcot. On the WDW Good Neighbor Hotel website it says they have service to all the Disney parks, Universal, and some other places. I am planning to call them, but thought it would make more sense to call in the morning when hopefully the most informed staff are available to answer questions.

Last edited:
Are all good neighbor hotels offering EMH and 60 day fast pass? Or is there a list somewhere of those which offer it?

Edit:

I probably should have explained we had been planning to stay at the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista because we have the points from work travel, and because we also plan to do Universal, NASA, and a couple of other things while we're in Orlando. I'm hoping there is a list somewhere of Good Neighbor Hotels offering EMH and 60 day fast pass because we could easily stay at a different Good Neighbor Hotel. We just like the Residence Inn because of their kitchens and two bedroom suites.

I tried to confirm via their website whether they offer EMH or 60 day fast pass but there is nothing about it there about it. All I could find on the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista website was a package deal that costs extra which includes a shuttle to Epcot. On the WDW Good Neighbor Hotel website it says they have service to all the Disney parks, Universal, and some other places. I am planning to call them, but thought it would make more sense to call in the morning when hopefully the most informed staff are available to answer questions.
It's not "Good Neighbor" hotels that offer it. It's the ones around Disney Springs. From the link on the first page this includes: B Resort & Spa; Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort; DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando; Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace; Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista; Holiday Inn Orlando; Wyndham Lake Buena Vista; and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista

It's not "Good Neighbor" hotels that offer it. It's the ones around Disney Springs. From the link on the first page this includes: B Resort & Spa; Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort; DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando; Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace; Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista; Holiday Inn Orlando; Wyndham Lake Buena Vista; and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista

The Hilton Buena Vista Palace explicitly lists EMH Access under what its resort fee "includes." Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area doesn't list it under their resort fee, but mentions "New" EMH and FastPass benefits under the hotel description. DoubleTree Suites doesn't mention it in their description and doesn't appear to have a resort fee ($22-27 for parking though), but do have the "Official Disney World Hotel" logo...Wyndham's app doesn't seem to have a good break down of what they include in their app (their "Amenities" section seems to focus on stuff like conference rooms, recreation areas, etc...)

With the prices for All-Stars running $120 or more Plus Parking, I have started to look more at the DS hotels, especially with them now getting 60 Day FP+. Also, with the new combined SPG-Marriott program (August 1), I'll get a free night every year on my SPG Amex (I wonder if they'll let me have 2 nights/year if I get the Marriott Rewards Visa also before August 1) that I will definitely be using at the Swolphin (which I believe also gets 60 Day FP+) as long as they don't move it out of Category 5.

Last edited:

Ok thanks. I saw in the link it was Disney Springs hotels, but then elsewhere on these boards I saw someone say they linked their stay at a non-Disney resort hotel that is not in Disney Springs. I finally found a different link to the one on these boards where Disney moms said it was only Disney Resorts, Disney Springs hotels, and the hotel mentioned elsewhere that have EMH and 60 day fast pass. I thought the odd hotel must be a Good Neighbor but when the page to browse them finally loaded for me I found it is not. I have no idea why a Non-Disney Non-Disney Springs not a Good Neighbor hotel has it. Probably pays Disney to offer it I guess. Anyways sorry. I just got excited and hopeful. A lot of material out there is rather confusing until you dig a bit, at least for an old grandparent like me. I really appreciate all the help here and especially thank you, DisneyGirlsng, for taking the time to answer.

UPDATE:
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/12/confi...60-day-booking-window-extra-magic-hours-2018/
“Beginning Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2018, Guests at any of these Official WALT DISNEY WORLD hotels, with a valid theme park ticket, can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours benefit as each day, one of the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks opens early or extends later for Guests to enjoy select attractions.

Scheduled to begin Jan. 10, 2018, Walt Disney Travel Company packages are available for online bookings for the Disney Springs® Resort Area hotels. Also, scheduled to begin Jan. 10, 2018, Guests at these Official WALT DISNEY WORLD hotels, who have booked a package reservation for the hotel through a Walt Disney Travel Company package, will be able to link their hotel reservation on My Disney Experience, and with a linked, valid theme park ticket, these Guests can utilize a 60-day booking window for FastPass+ selections. These are benefits that are already available to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel Guests.”

From WDWNT: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/10/disne...pass-booking-guests-select-non-disney-hotels/

Reportedly, select non-Disney hotels will now be able to book FPs at 60-days!

I am not happy with that. When I decide to book a Disney hotel, I know there is a higher cost, as well as worthwhile benefits. I don't see why Disney feels the need to extend the 60-day FiP reservation. Especially in advance of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, which we know are going to have FPs run out well in advance of the 60-day mark!
To get us to stay onsite AND buy Early Morning Magic AND 90 day Fastpasses AND Disney After Hours AND pay for parking BECAUSE “we” will.

I see this thread is over a year old but it is still quite valid.

Last edited:
To get the 60 day fast pass window and EMH assuming, a one night stay at Disney Springs hotels, can you use it for check in or check out days or both? Thanks!

To get the 60 day fast pass window and EMH assuming, a one night stay at Disney Springs hotels, can you use it for check in or check out days or both? Thanks!

Both, if you have a two (or more) day park ticket.

Thanks. Just to be sure, if I have a one day ticket, I can use the benefits for either day of my choosing?

Yes, assuming that your ticket is good for that day. (Some tickets are dated to be used during a certain time period and so you have to be in that time period).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!