Good price on Western Cruise?

mm6mm6

DIS Veteran & Disney Nut
My wife and I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise for 7 days in 1995. Including air fare and three days at the El Conquistador Resort (high class), our total price for a room with a large window was $4400. Now I know that was 7 years ago. But I was thinking that a Western cruise for 7 days on Disney's ship for my wife and 6 year old daughter would be less than that by alot since we would not be paying air fare this time nor would we be staying at a resort afterwards.
So the comparison is:
RC Disney
------------------------------------------------
7 days 7 days
2 adults 2 adults, 1 child
Air Fare No Air Fare
Resort Stay After Go Home After
Outside Room with Window Inside Room with no window
1995 2003
$4400 $4068
Am I wrong to think I should be able to get a lower rate or a better room? Or should I just shut the bleep up and be happy since an extra person is going (DD) and that this is a good deal? I guess I am looking for you Disney Cruise experts to reassure me that it's a good deal. That's all we're ever looking for is not to get ripped off right?

When are you trying to go? That does sound high, but maybe not for the summer or a holiday week. My family of 5 just went on the 7 night and paid less than that....in 2 rooms so we paid for 4 adults and 1 child. We are doing the western and paying just a little more than your quote, but again, that is for 2 rooms for 5 people. If you have picked a high priced week, maybe by shifting to a less expensive period, you'd save a lot.

Hi my3kids!
Hmmm, when I made my request, I said I could go anytime during the summer months June through mid-August. My wife is a schoolteacher so she and my DD are off all summer. We'd go anytime and this was quoted as the cheapest time. It's in July 2003.

I think August is a little less expensive if I remember correctly. When we booked for next summer I thought August was lower, and we've gambled with the hurricane season before. However, this time we were limited to June due to kids' commitments during the summer.

Deb

check travelocity.com. It show availability and amts. for each week and each category. then you can book with them, DCL, or your preferred TA. Does sound high - must be the week.

Anytime to cruise on DCL during the summer months is going to be VERY expensive. Looking on Expedia, the weeks you are talking about start at $1379pp not including certain port charges and goes up to $1499 pp. The week of Aug 16 - Aug 23 starts at $1259pp. Now that's for a category 11/12 stateroom, with you wanting at least a category 9. It's just the story of supply and demand, summer is VERY busy for DCL with schools being out. If you can cruise during one of DCL's downtimes, early fall or Jan/Feb, the prices start at $829pp.

We sailed Aug 31st for 7 days, no air 2 adults 2 children.
Cat 6 verandah under $3500.00 BUT we weren't back till Sept 7th and my boys missed a few days of school. To me it was worth it cause we saved a bundle!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter