Got accepted to QSFB, Hard to make a decision...Please help!

MINGMING96

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, First of all I want to say that I love Disney so much since I was a kid. Here's some background. I am an international student in New York and I have already graduated in this Jan. I also got accepted last year as the role of Merchandising but unfortunately, at that time I was in school and my visa does not support me to do DCP until I graduate. I was very sad because I love Disney. So that's why I applied again after graduation hoping to get into Merchandising or Photopass(very related to my two majors). However, I just got accepted to QSFB. Now I am not sure if I still should go. It is definitely not because I do not want to work QSFB, actually, I am very happy with any roles as long as it is in Disney. However, since I have already graduated for a while and now I have a decent job in NYC with a good-sized company. It is definitely not my dream job in my dream company, but I am not sure if it is worth the risk to quit my current job and go to Disney for QSFB that does not fit my major and the thing I want to do in the future. The only element in the offer that still keeps me frustrating on whether I should accept or not is the fact that I love Disney and I would really love to work for Disney afterward. I mean if it is Merchandizing I would be so excited to go because my current job is also about merchandizing & buying. I know it might be a personal question but it is really hard for me to make the decision... I am all alone in NYC with my family and friends overseas and sometimes I just could not make the decision... My friends in NYC do not know much about the DCP so they can hardly give me good advice. Wondering how you guys think regarding my situation. Thank you!!!! Wish all of your magical dreams come true.

However, since I have already graduated for a while and now I have a decent job in NYC with a good-sized company. It is definitely not my dream job in my dream company, but I am not sure if it is worth the risk to quit my current job and go to Disney for QSFB that does not fit my major and the thing I want to do in the future.

I am all alone in NYC with my family and friends overseas and sometimes I just could not make the decision... My friends in NYC do not know much about the DCP so they can hardly give me good advice. Wondering how you guys think regarding my situation. Thank you!!!! Wish all of your magical dreams come true.

My daughter did the college program twice. She was also a campus rep for a short time and a seasonal employee. She then did a professional internship and got hired into the position of her professional internship. It all sounds pretty impressive but really lead no where. Her full-time position was a very low level job with not a lot of job satisfaction. She applied for all different positions with no luck. She has since moved to another company and a great position.

While I don't know that you can count on the QSFB to lead you anywhere, my opinion is that you should take the position. It sounds like you are young with a lifetime of work and career development ahead. Go to Disney. Have fun! Live your dream. In 5 years, you might not be as far in your career as you would want to be if you take the Disney position. On the other hand, if you are along in your career, you will not be able to decide then to try out your Disney dream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!