Got my AP cancellation refund!

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
Just an FYI. If any of you requested a refund for your AP due to the COVID situation, they are processing refunds. I called on May 15 to cancel mine. I got an e-mail yesterday that the refund was processed and it hit my account today. I got back $306.13. My original expiration date was 8/7/20. I'm very happy with that as we absolutely aren't returning to the parks this year so even with an extension, we still wouldn't have used it again.

Thanks for this. No refund for us yet. Can’t recall when I called. It was a day after they announced the option to cancel. Ours were due to expire Dec 26, so not sure how big the refund will be. We already used Sixteen days on it.

We are returning to the parks on Sunday and we have Platinum Plus passes. I would like to know what they are going to do for the Platinum Plus people since they have not reopened the water parks. I paid extra just to have access to the water parks and i have not heard anything about extending my pass out until the water parks open or a partial refund for the water parks. Not cool.

Steve...had you used many days on your pass? I'm asking because I'm still trying to figure this out. I renewed in November and have not used one day yet on the pass.

Seems awfully low given an platinum pass was a couple dollars and change short of $1,300.

My Platinum renewal was $813.66 (tax included) in February 2020 just before the increase. Our expiration date was in March, after WDW closed. Because we live in Orange County, I'm still trying to figure out if I'm better off just leaving it as is with the extra months (right now with the extension we expire July 2021 and they'll add another month, so they'll be good until August) or if I should take the cash and buy new passes in February. I'm starting to think it's a six of one, half dozen of another situation in my case.

My Platinum renewal was $813.66 (tax included) in February 2020 just before the increase. Our expiration date was in March, after WDW closed. Because we live in Orange County, I'm still trying to figure out if I'm better off just leaving it as is with the extra months (right now with the extension we expire July 2021 and they'll add another month, so they'll be good until August) or if I should take the cash and buy new passes in February. I'm starting to think it's a six of one, half dozen of another situation in my case.
I didn't take residency and possible renewal discount into account, so maybe OP's refund is more reasonable. Everyone situation is so different. I'm lucky that at this point in the game cancel and partial refund puts me ahead so the decision is made. I'm just curious how much the refund will be.

I wonder how they arrived at that amount. Seems awfully low given an platinum pass was a couple dollars and change short of $1,300.
I bought my AP before the big price increase so it wasn't that expensive. It was $894 last year when I bought it. Honestly, had the price already gone up I wouldn't have bought it as it would no longer have been worth the cost.

Steve...had you used many days on your pass? I'm asking because I'm still trying to figure this out. I renewed in November and have not used one day yet on the pass.
We had used it for one trip. I'm not sure how many days. But that really doesn't matter since the refund is prorated based on how long the parks were closed and how much time was left on it.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the AP refund process! I never received the promised email during early July, the one where APs were supposedly going to get info on options. Did anyone? Although Disney often has their own personal definition of time periods, so maybe anything before July 15th would be “early”. I have been waiting, and honestly continuing to plan for trips if things improve and in case no refunds come through, for them to set up a more automated refund system. I guess I’ll just need to set some time aside to call and wait. I’d hate to lose out on part of a refund because the parks had been reopened for a week or two before I contact them.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the AP refund process! I never received the promised email during early July, the one where APs were supposedly going to get info on options. Did anyone? Although Disney often has their own personal definition of time periods, so maybe anything before July 15th would be “early”. I have been waiting, and honestly continuing to plan for trips if things improve and in case no refunds come through, for them to set up a more automated refund system. I guess I’ll just need to set some time aside to call and wait. I’d hate to lose out on part of a refund because the parks had been reopened for a week or two before I contact them.
I called tonight to ask about cancelling and was told I couldn’t do it yet, there would be an email soon with details and how to cancel.

Reactions: GAN
I called last week to request a refund. Aside from a loooooong time on hold it was easy. No word on when the refund will be processed.

Paul

My platinum annual pass was up June 26th. I got an extension obviously. I have 3 days reserved for July 20,21,22 but that's it. Completely blocked out for the rest of July. Yet, there is availability for ticket sales and resort guests. Is there some sort of "stand-by" for unused park reservations? I'm seriously considering after my 3 reservations are used up getting a refund. There is just no value. Plus the water parks arnt open!

hmmmm I just posted on another thread. Im once again on hold with passholder line. when I last called, was told had to wait till announcement to get refund. On the message today, it says wait for an email. I had an email eons ago, to wait new details. then nothing...so which is it? people are getting refunds and others aren't?

hmmmm I just posted on another thread. Im once again on hold with passholder line. when I last called, was told had to wait till announcement to get refund. On the message today, it says wait for an email. I had an email eons ago, to wait new details. then nothing...so which is it? people are getting refunds and others aren't?

I sent them an email in the hopes of at least having some clear documentation that I made the request. I’m wondering if things won’t be processed for months and that’s why they’re doing the “bonus month extension” in October: because that’s when they’ll finally have sorted out who is staying on with their APs. They have no problem collecting money and even starting to sell new tickets, but refunding it is a totally different story and speaks volumes.

Mine was new in December, we planned to go again in June and November but now we don't plan to go back until Fall 2021 so I am requesting a refund. But, what about my Photopass pictures, will those stay around or do I have to hurry and download? I don't want them to disappear as soon as a refund is issues. Curious about any others' experience.

I just got the email today regarding canceling my Platinum Pass ...put it through and I should get a refund in September.

Wow I called back in April and haven't gotten anything back yet. I called again in June to make sure i was on the refund list and they said it was all set. Guess i'd better give another call. Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!