Got my tickets for 5k

Kingdome8

DIS Veteran
im excited for my 5k in January. Will be my first time in disney without the kids just me and my wife. Should be fun.
Now do I have to book thru disney sports or just thru disney direct (vacations) I assume I can do either.
I havent booked any room or anything. Was making sure I got race tickets and wanna see if any room discounts coming.
Should I just do room only reservation now til discounts come?

you can certainly reserve now and apply discounts later...we went ahead and reserved ours and are just waiting for Disney to extend the military discount and will then apply that there should also be a rundisney discount avaible at some point as well

Oh Keels, you are going to be so sore... Be careful and train for it! I skipped for a minute during a training run pre-Disneyland Half and thought I was going to DIE for the next 2 days. (if knee pain can make you die LOL)

(also, since I'm a highly irritable runner and see the world through such eyes, please oh please look around to make sure you won't impact someone if you're going to suddenly turn or lunge or something...)

OP, book in whatever way works for you. :) Glad you got registered for your race!

Oh Keels, you are going to be so sore... Be careful and train for it! I skipped for a minute during a training run pre-Disneyland Half and thought I was going to DIE for the next 2 days. (if knee pain can make you die LOL)
Skipping is an awesome post run cool down exercise. It really helps build strength in muscles that you don't use a lot during runs, but which help your running form. But I can't imagine skipping for 3 miles. Ouch! :scared:

As for the resort booking question, depends on your plans. If you want to book DVC by renting points, do so soon. If you are looking to book a room at a resort, wait for the discounts to be released.

Clarifying...I didn't mean she was going to skip, but prancersizing (like my skipping) is different than just running jogging or walking, and if they do it the whole time they might hurt. :)

Skipping isn't something to be done on the spur of the moment when you're past 40 lol. At least not for me! My nearly "fatal" mistake. Poor knees. :)

My goal is to finish at least one Dopey race with a bell kick at the finish line.

I've also joked that I would do the entire 5K in "Travel Loop" AKA the dance that performers did during the Remember the Magic day parade back in the late 90s. Or the SpectroMagic butterfly routine.

Yay for the 5k! You should also join us on the Marathon Weekend chatter thread here: http://disboards.com/threads/marathon-weekend-2016.3266760/

Just be warned things tend to get a little crazy over there :stitch:

My goal is to finish at least one Dopey race with a bell kick at the finish line.

this has to happen LOL

I have strongly considered kissing the marathon finish line but then I think EWWW and I might not be able to get back up and actually cross it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter